Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » What am I to do?

Author Topic: What am I to do?
Salti
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for you as well.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt
Community Member
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot say anything more than what the last person did. I will pray for you now.
Posts: 18 | From: Steelville Missouri | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Trying and welcome.
Step children are difficult sometimes to deal with. First of all think about that childs' situation. Being a step child is not easy either. I am a step mom to a 7 year old girl. She can be the sweetest child and the most irritating. You have a very hard job ahead of you, but with God's help, you are going to make it. Surely the child's father doesn't think his child is a perfect angel. Start there, tell the father that something needs to be done about the situation, if he is not going to help, you will find this far difficult. Children need chores and discipline. Share with the father your views of everything. Don't be condescending, be truthful and open. I will be praying for you, as I am sure that many here will be. Kevin Lemen have done many great books on raising christian obedient children. Try that too. Also, Step by Step - A guide to step family living may also help. I have used both of these books and so has my husband who deals with 3 step children. God Bless you.
In His continual service,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trying_to_have_faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1904

Icon 20 posted      Profile for trying_to_have_faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an 8 year old stepson, well soon to be stepson. He's lived an incredibly sheltered life by his Grandmother. He does no wrong in her eyes. Meanwhile, he's backtalking me, throwing stuff at me, having crying tantrums if he doesn't get his way. When I've tried to give him chores to do, he tells me he's a child and we should do things for him. I'm at my wits end. He is very sneaky and lies and has said mean things to me at times, but then he turns around, smiles and plays innocent and everything just says that he's not capable of anything yet. I don't know what to do. I pray on this situation, I know that he is a child, but I find myself not wanting to go home anymore because of him. I want God to give me the strength and patience to try to help him.

--------------------
God Bless

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement