Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Family in mourning needs prayer

Author Topic: Family in mourning needs prayer
boy4God
Community Member
Member # 1763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boy4God     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Daddy,

God you know of every little bird that falls out of a tree and we are your children. So when one of us falls you just lift us up again. God I ask that you bring healing to this family that has lost a dear one and let them rejoice that his time in this world is over. And May lost souls be found to you dear Jesus. IN Christ's name we pray. Amen. [Smile]

God bless bud!

--------------------
Fear not fellows! For greater is He who is in us than the one of the world.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 11:32-35
Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. Jesus wept

This scripture as most know is about events leading up to the raising of Lazarus from the dead. I have presented it here to make a point that has been lost on some Christians. And that point is: even though we know that a Godly man, born again serving Jesus will have eternal life in heaven with our Lord, it is normal for us to feel pain at the lose of a loved one. We have a tendency to try and force the joy of the Lord upon those who have experienced loss by reminding them that their loved one has gone home to be with the Lord. This is very true and gives us security and peace, as it is our blessed assurance. However, we still need to minister to the mortal side of our brothers and sisters that are in pain because of the death of a loved one. Mourning the loss of a close relative and friend is a process that God has built into each one of us that we may be healed of the shock that occurs at such a profound event. So I am here today to tell you great-grandchild, grandchild, son and daughter that it is ok to feel sad and to cry because God has seen fit to take grandpa home. If you are born again in Christ Jesus then you have the greatest comfort that comes from the very Word of God. Grieving is a process that if we let it happen, it will heal us of our pain and help us through a troubled time. So do not feel guilty about felling sad and wanting to cry go ahead and cleanse your grief with tears. Even Jesus wept.

The following are some suggestions of how to minister to a young child about witnessing to their parents. I am only presenting what I know and what God will give me as I write this post. It is never easy for a child to witness salvation to their parents.

The passing away of a loved one also gives us renewed conviction to share the Gospel with our lost relatives and friends. We are faced with the truth that we never know if God is going to give us one more second of life in this world. We do not know if there is going to be a tomorrow or even an additional hour for any of us. Grandpa by all testimony that I have received is a Christian and therefore one of his greatest desires is to someday fellowship with his close relatives in God’s eternal heaven. It is very difficult when the witness for Jesus is a young child to their parent. Know this that God loves children and He would never put them in the position of witnessing to their parents unless He gives them all the tools necessary to complete the task. It is important that the child not get so involved in the witness that they forsake the one they are working for, Christ Jesus. We are to honor our father and our mother it is the first commandment of God with promise. Children are to obey their parents. So the first thing they must do to be an effective witness is to do their best to obey God by obeying their parents. A child’s best witness is a life exhibiting the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Children should get chores done on time and try to be a good citizen their home, school and church. Teach the Bible how Joseph won favor with the pagan Egyptian king by doing his job the very best he could and not forsaking God. (Genesis chapter 39 through 41 particularly chapter 41.) Once the child understands this they will be on their way to victory. Close council of church mentors is vital. Do your best to impress on them that before they take some action that they are not completely comfortable with to discuss it with their church councilor.

Ray, your anointing for ministering to these children is greater than mine as I believe you have a special calling to a ministry to children. My suggestions posted here are just some thoughts that may be of help. I know they are far from complete. I have spent time in prayer asking God to give me something to share that would be of help to you in this situation. In my years of ministry I am still awe stricken every time God moves to prepare us for something we do not yet have need for. I believe it is His way of letting us know that He is indeed in control. When answering your private message the other day God gave me an old hymn to share with you about our soon coming meeting in the air with Jesus. It seemed out of context then but I obeyed and shared it anyway. Now I know that He was giving me a Word for this very situation. God’s simple ways are always miles ahead of our most complex thoughts. I would suggest that you teach the children to sing the old chorus. You never know someone could here them singing and be convicted and accept Jesus on the spot.

Father, send the Holy Spirit to the parents and family of these children that they may be convicted and hear our witness. Cause your light to shine out from these children that they will be effective witnesses. Thank you Lord for your Word and thank you Holy Spirit for leading and guiding us in our ministry. We are praying for souls to be added to the kingdom of God. In Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A family whose children attend my church is in mourning now. The Copeland family, the chilren lost a great grandfather recently, their dads' grandfather. This man was a Christian, so he has graduated to Heaven. The children all attend my church faithfully, but it has been some time since their parents have been. The church is trying to reach out to the parents, and I am thinking this may be what it takes to get them back in church as a family. I bekieve it is the design of God for the family to be in church together just as it is for a family to pray together. I have become fairly close to the children, and am trying to get through the paerents through the children. Many from the church are attempting the same, and we are working together as a church body toward reaching the parents. Pray that the Lord would fill the void in the family, and that the parents of the children would finally realize they need to be in church with their children. Thank you so much.
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement