Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Too much anxiety!

Author Topic: Too much anxiety!
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living with someone who is bi-polar can be a very stressful and anxious life, because you never know what the day will bring. You never know what to expect. Will the person you kissed goodbye as you left for work be the same person that you return home to? Will the cycle take a week, a month, a day to come full circle? You just never know!

This can make trusting that anything or anyone is solid or stable very difficult.

This is often compounded by control issues because in living a life attached to someone out of control, we learn to control anything and everything we can. (At least that is what we think! But in reality we control nothing!)

But this is not God's way! God wants us to stop controling and give him the reigns. When we do we find freedom!!!!

But trust is something that GOD teaches us as we grow in him; trust and faith go hand in hand; you cant have one without the other.

GOD is faithful; God is Solid; God is ALWAYS there; GOD is Always True; God is unchanging;God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

We all have to learn to trust; and we do that bit by bit; moment by moment, but we dont do it alone!

Here are some verses to LIVE by; I suggest that you write them on the lentles and doorpost until they are engraved in your heart and mind.

Give it to GOD...
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Trust HIM...
Psalms 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

HE never changes...
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

We dont have to worry, God is on the throne..
Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

HE is always there...
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

We can REST in Him...
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

We do not have to be the one that leads when we have Jesus...

Psalms 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

We dont have to fear...
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunnybee, let me ask you to not worry. I know it's very hard not to, but worry just brings stress, and no-one needs any more stress! You, Ican understand, have tribulation right now, but the word of God (Bible) tells us that tribulation worketh patience. Be patient, wait on God. God waited on You, so the least we can do is wait on God. He knows all about our troubles, even before we tell Him about our troubles. The Bible tells us that He knows out thoughts too, so be thinking about how you'll come away from this, and God will know you are concerned! God loves us too much to walk away from us, like the poem 'footprints in the Sand' says. He carries us when He has to, to help us get through the part where we don't think we'll ever make it! The way that God loves us, how could we not love Him in return?! "Lord, thank you for your love for us, for sending Your Son to pay the penalty for our sins. Through Your Son we can have eternal life, and Lord we thank you and praise You for this. We know that you already know about this sister and the trials she's going through. I can imagine that right now You are carrying her, whether she knows it or not. Thank you for this, and we ask that you keep her safe. Place someone in her life right now, that she can depend on and that would be able to do what it takes or say what it takes so that she could return to her former self, or as much as possible. We know that You care and love her, so we have faith that you will see to it that she will know what to do. Thank you for Your answer to this request. In the name of our precious Jesus we pray. Amen."
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for you and all your needs. Keep posting and stay close to Jesus. For he said " I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. "

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunnybee
Member # 1793

Icon 20 posted      Profile for hunnybee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pray for me. I just recently got divorced, actually it is final today. My X-husband was bipolar, and we could not make it work. I tried as hard as I could try and prayed. He would not try as hard, and he finally filed for divorce. I am trying to move on, and actually have made alot of progress since we've been separated, but I had to deal with him and his mental illness so long it is really burdening my progress. I have a hard time knowing how to deal with other people, and relationships. I have so much anxiety, and always worry, worry, worry. I need prayer for peace in my heart and mind so that I may carry on, and find happiness. Thank you!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement