Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I don't understand

Author Topic: I don't understand
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damaris, I care about the problems of Christians. I responded earlier, but felt another was called for. I agree with 'Pastor Dave' on his response. I'm still praying, and will continue to do so. Prayer does work, I've seen God working in the lives of too many people so I'm convinced prayer works! "Father, I ask that you continue to be with this sister. Show her the way You want her to go. May she realize that you are in complete control. May she progress to the point that it will not be long until she is shouting praises to You. Thank you in the precious name of Jesus. Amen."
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying a prayer in agreement with 'Christ for the Children.' And I also agree with 'njclary' that you should talk with your pastor about these problems. May you receive a special touch from Jesus. Amen

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damaris, I will pray for you and your situation. I am concerned for you because of your request. I agree with njclary, so many times people will make a decision with words and not be sincere. They do this to satisfy someone who may have been a little pushy, along with several other reasons. If you feel you meant it when you made your decision, and understood what you were doing then please be patient. God does truly love us, and wants the best for us. However, we have to do our part as well. I wonder if you have been trying to avoid situations that you know may tempt you? I work extensively with children and teenagers at my church, and I have seen teenagers in similar circumstances as you described. After being advised to try to avoid circumstances that may cause them to sin, many found themselves being able to avoid much of the problem. Soon, these began to grow in the Lord and become good witnesses for the Lord. I truly pray that you will soon find that you are being blessed by God. "Father, I praise You for who You are and for loving us despite our many problems. Thank You for sending your Son to pay the penalty for our sins so we could have eternal life with You. I ask now that you would be with this sister, show her the way You want her to live her life. I feel Satan has been clouding her mind, and I ask that You bind Satan from her. Send someone into her life that would help her to overcome Satan. Be with this sister in a very special way and make her realize that You are working in her life. Bless her, make her an effective witness for You. May You show her that you are helping her to avoid temptation. May she soon see that she has abundant JOY in her life because You have been with her. In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen" Please let us know how you are doing. God cares, and so do we.
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damaris; God does try to get your attention. Do yu listen. I don't have time to get into a detailed answer now, but your question intrigued me.

If you have accepted Christ into your heart, God will always be chastening you. He wants to help clean up your act. BUT, was your call on Christ in word only and not from the heart? Think on this.

Talk with your Church pastor [if you have one] or a Christian counsellor.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damaris
Community Member
Member # 1742

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Damaris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
recently i've been having a lot of problems with feeling as though God is 'out to get me'... i've been praying for a long time that god would help me stop having premarital sex-- and then last night i dreamed that god told me that he would help me overcome this sin, and then in the dream the man i'm in love with was killed. i had a similiar dream in which i asked god to help me overcome my cussing problem, so god made it so that i was unable to speak. i feel like when i pray there is a little umbrella that keeps all my words bouncing back down to me. i feel like god is trying to make me miserable-- and i don't understand because that is not something that god would do.... right?
Posts: 12 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement