Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » PRAYERS NEEDED FOR TEEN GIRL

Author Topic: PRAYERS NEEDED FOR TEEN GIRL
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ for the children, God Bless You,

I am praying for Ashley and her family. And I am praying that as you continue to obey God and minister to this troubled family that God will give you all the knowledge and wisdom necessary to guide this family into the perfect will of God. You have been given a great gift that you have such a special anointing to minister to teenagers. Teens are one of the most difficult of all age groups and I am personally blessed by your ability in this area.

I am sorry if my positive attitude seems inappropriate in the midst of all the trouble this family is experiencing; I am just filled with the joy of the Lord when I think of how Ashley looks to Jesus for guidance in the midst of everything going on in her young life.
This is the kind of unwavering faith that will be necessary to get many of our youth through the perilous time in which we live. This reminds me of the 23rd Psalm.

May God open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing upon Ashley that she cannot even contain. Lord strengthen Ashley that she may minister to others that need to learn to use their faith in the midst of trouble and that many souls will be saved as a result of her effective ministry. In Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God has answered, but in a way I would not have preferred. Ashleys' mom and dad have broken up, at least temporarily. They were never married, but lived together for several years. I think God may be trying to get the attention of the mother, so He can turn her life around. I had a good talk with Ashley this week, and she said that maybe the break-up was for the best. She said that since then, she has gotten along better with her mother. Her sister, Angela (mentioned in my post 'pray for 2 girls-sisters), was hurt some by the break-up but I think she will get over it without a problem. Angela is only 11 but has a good head on her shoulders. In some ways, she's more mature than her 15 year old sister. I believe both girls may well grow in the Lord faster now. The girls both are now working on their mother in attempting to get her back in church (she has been out of church for years). Also, I told both of the girls to call me if they have a need to talk with someone. I would prefer the girls talk with a lady, both of the girls seem to be more comfortable talking with me. I had been witnessing to the father, and he seemed to be listening but apparently he was more interested in his beer. Ashley told me he would start drinking as soon as he got home. Please pray for the family, especially that the girls would be successful in getting the mother back in church. I believe that if the mother would return to church, that God would convict her and she would rededicate her life to Him. I know that God is in control, and believe He would honor this request. Thank you all for your prayers.
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyLampHasOil
Advanced Member
Member # 1474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyLampHasOil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for Ashley.
God has a way with teens where we don't.

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pray for Ashley, the older sister from my request (pray for two girls-sisters). God gave me an opportunity to have a good talk with Ashley recently, and I realized then she needed prayers urgently. Ashley has threatened to leave home due to problems she has with her parents. She said she would likely move in with an aunt who is living with a man. This would not be good for Ashley, and I encouraged her to stay home and give God a chance to intervene. I pray she does, as I believe prayers for the family are starting to help. The father is now listening more as people talk to him about the Lord. Ashley is a Christian, and seems to listen at least to me. She has a lot going for her if she would be more patient, and let God lead her rather than try to do things on her own. Please pray for her, I would appreciate it, and will let her know of prayers going up in her behalf.
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement