Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » would like prayer and a friend

Author Topic: would like prayer and a friend
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not miss your post and I have been praying for your husband for the last month.
Please forgive me for not posting a reply I have no excuse, God didn’t tell me not to post I was just slothful.

Often I have found that people that claim not to believe in God have an issue with some precept of scripture (or perceived scripture) that they can not resolve with man’s logic and therefore refuse to believe there is any truth in the Bible. They are also most often unwilling to disclose the actual issue and will not discuss it with anyone. I am praying for his hearing that he would not be kept from hearing the preacher in your church or any witness God sends him. I do not believe that his physical hearing problem is what is keeping him from believing in God. I know you have been praying for many years for his salvation and God has shown me that your heart is right with God. Please help me to get a breakthrough in this matter; pray that God will give me a word of knowledge and a word of wisdom for your husband that I may share it with you so that he will have an effective witness for the Lord.

This is a serious matter as we do not know how long your husband has before God will call him home and it would be terrible if he left this life lost forever. I am starting a fast today as I continue to pray for him and I invite any other Christians that are lead by God to join me in fasting and prayer. I believe God that your whole household will be saved.

1 Timothy 2:3-6
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Acts 16:31-34
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Father I come to you in the name of my Saviour, Jesus of Nazareth, our Christ, in a prayer of intersession for ‘ForeverHeLives’ husband of 31 years. Lord for the sake of this faithful woman of God; send the Holy Spirit to her husband that he may be convicted of the Gospel of Jesus. Lord I do not know why he does not believe but I know that you know all things. Please help me to open my heart to hear form you that I might send this lost soul a word that he may become a believer. Father, if it is not for me to be the witness then send him another that this man will not be lost. Father our prayer is for souls to be saved. Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed this one too Linda.. [Frown] but

I have visited Jennifer's site [thumbsup2] it is very nicely done...and

Jen, I am praying in agreement... [Prayer]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jennifer:

I missed your post the first day you posted it. I have been to your website today. I liked it. A lot of pain in your testimony, but a lot of Love too.

I will be happy to stand with you in prayer for your husband's salvation.

I would also be very honored to be called friend. You can email me anytime, everyday if you like!

Linda@helpforhomeschoolers.com

I hope you will stick around here and post in other areas, you are welcome here.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForeverHeLives
Member # 1701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForeverHeLives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading the boards and been having a lot of questions. First of all I need prayer for my husband . We have been married for 31 years and he does not believe in God. He does not have no disire to know God and he can't hear if and when he goes to church and he wont set up close and a hearing aide don't help. There was years back in the past that he would not let me go to church but God did change all that. We both have been hurt even though he goes to church with me but he has been hurt and he seen how some of the pastors are and it just pushed him farther back. I just left one doctrine that you not suppose to cut hair or do any of that stuff. I dont wont to say the name of the church because I do not know what people or some believes on here. I just want to have a cloesr relationship to God. I have left that church and I have cut my hair a little. Now I am scared to go out or do anything because I dont wont to run in to them. There has been so much that has been happening. I wish I had someone to talk to also but I well not force my self on anyone here. Most of all I would love to have a friend.

--------------------
Rather have a relationship than a religionship

Posts: 6 | From: SC | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement