Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » In Need Of Prayers For My Lost Love

Author Topic: In Need Of Prayers For My Lost Love
Herschel
Community Member
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herschel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shakia,Hopefully, the following words will give you comfort.

I know that pain and heartache you now feel. I have been through what you are going through so I understand and can relate to what you are saying.

First of all, Phillippians 4, verses 5-9 say: "4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."

The first thing you want is peace. The peace of God which passes all understanding. You must try to forget what your ex-boyfriend is doing, and look to God for peace and understanding. Pray for Him, but pray that God will cause His will to come to pass in his life. Don't try to change his mind. Turn him over to God's keeping. Release him to God. As long as we hold on to situations, God will let us. God cannot and will not intervene in what we decide to do. He will respect us, our decisions, and will allow us to try and keep control of what happens. The only problem is, we are wrong most of the time. God can see the beginning and the end.

I know it's hard, but we must turn loose of things before God will straighten them out for our good.

I will be praying that God will give you knowledge, wisdom, peace and understanding.
Herschel

--------------------
Opportunity is the doorway to success. Action (work)is the key that unlocks the door.

Posts: 16 | From: Monterey, LA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shakia, first of all i want to say that i will pray that the Lord have His way in this situation. if you are His child you know that Jesus loved you more than any man ever could or will for that matter.the Lord lets us go through trials to teach us things. in most cases He does this to get our attention because we are so caught up in our everyday lives that we forget what is important. the Lord taught me this very lesson and it could be so that i can share it will ladies just like yourself. i need you to ask yourself,"what is important to Shakia?" then i need you to honestly answer that question. if the answer is not wholeheartedly Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior then all else in your life will be to no avail. as i pray for your situation. i need you to seek God on your knees. read your Bible therein lies the greatest Love letter you will ever recieve. Jesus Loves You! as women we do not need a man to make us a women we need a Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. God never promised us heaven here on earth. it will not be easy but the Lord will give you comfort and love if you truly seek Him.

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosa
Advanced Member
Member # 1416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross]
I would like to request prayer for my husband and children who are backslidden. I have been praying for them and I need others to stand in the gap with me. I know that God will bring them back home. I am the only one who is serving the Lord and the its not easy at times.

--------------------
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/il2/redphantom/animation/Alight.gif[\img]

Posts: 27 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chappy
Community Member
Member # 1469

Icon 14 posted      Profile for chappy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pastor David is right,
for the words he speaks comes from no other BUT GOD and his Holy Scripture. and I will pray for you shakia that God will lead you in paths that will bring healing and restoration to your life.
in Proverb3:6 says> IN ALL THY WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM (GOD) AND HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATHS.

--------------------
A caring heart,a listening ear,A thoughtful word,a gentle tear,Will help to lift the heavy load, Of weary souls along life's road.

Posts: 20 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LWSJ
Community Member
Member # 1384

Icon 15 posted      Profile for LWSJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Shakia,
My prayers are with you. I know how you feel and what you are going through. Someone I love very much is lost. I know how it breaks your heart. I do believe in the power of prayer and I will be praying for you. Please continue to pray and seek the Lord.
God Bless!

Posts: 19 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JefffreyLloyd
Advanced Member
Member # 1151

Icon 16 posted      Profile for JefffreyLloyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are with you!

Jeff

--------------------
Vivat Jesus!

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, worlds without end. Amen.

Posts: 122 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the prayer board, Shakia. I am so glad you are here and I know that God loves you!

I am so sorry for your trouble and the pain you are suffering. Having someone you love walk away from you can be very painful and I am praying that God will comfort you and ease your pain.

Sometimes we try to force God to answer prayer according to our will and this will never achieve anything. Our prayers must be according to God’s will not ours. God will always answer the prayer of one of His saints; however the answer we get may not always be what we ask for, as He will answer according to His perfect will. You are right to pray for Wallace’s salvation. I will be asking God the Holy Spirit to convict Wallace and send him an effective witness for Christ that he may receive Jesus into his heart as his personal Saviour. Jesus is the answer.

You cannot save Wallace only Jesus can Save Wallace. We can pray for him and ask God to bring Wallace to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. We cannot force Wallace to accept Jesus of Nazareth as the Christ. By our actions and by our words and witnessing the Word of God to Wallace we can present the Gospel to him but it is up to Wallace to accept or deny Jesus. Jesus is the answer.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

It is important that when we pray for someone that we do not pray with selfish motives. When you pray for Wallace pray that God will cause him to do what is right in the sight of God according to God’s will not your will.

Sex is for a man and a woman after they are married in the sight of God. God’s word does not condone sex outside of marriage. Therefore you must stop any sexual relationship with Wallace and if he does marry his former girl friend then you need to give up any relationship with him. You must stop trying to manipulate Wallace, give him up to God.

You need to recommit yourself to Jesus. Only through Him will you achieve peace and joy in your life. Not that you will not experience persecution in the world because you will be persecuted by the world for your joy will not be in the world but it will be in God. We have an enemy and his name is Satan. The devil wants to destroy you that you will not follow God. We have power over the devil in the name of Jesus.

Jesus said in John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Please do not think harshly of me because I am not agreeing with everything you are asking in your post. I do this because I love you in the Lord. God has not sent me to tickle your ears but to teach His Word and to lead you ever closer to Him.

Please read the following scripture and then pray a prayer from your heart to God and invite Jesus to live within you and be your personal Saviour. God is about to do a miracle in your life.

Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

May God continue to bless you, Shakia,
PastorDave

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shakia Williams
First Post
Member # 1426

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Shakia Williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the name of Jesus, my Lord and Savior, I humbly would like to ask for all the prayers of everyone that is willing to help me pray as well as the help of gods angels. I'm praying for my ex boyfriend Wallace Williams. He needs god in his life. He is so lost. I never knew a person could be so lost, but he is. He's a very sensitive, and fragile guy but he can be so selfish, ignorant and uncaring. He does what he wants all the time and it leads him to constant chaos. He needs to live god's will and not his own. It's like the devil got him, and I'm praying that I can save him before it's too late. He's trying to marry his ex girlfriend, who is also the mother of his firstborn son. She was married and she left her husband, who was in jail, and snuck around with my ex boyfriend while still married. (Adultery) She got pregnant and my ex had no choice (so he thought) but to break up with me. (Having kids out of wedlock) But Wallace and I talk from time to time and he tells me things, like, how he's miserable or not happy but, he's basically stuck. I know that if you get married and you stand in front of god and ask for his blessing for your marriage you should be doing it for more reasons than just children or circumstances and out of convenience due to your partner's material possessions. (His fiance has a jeep, money etc) He told me that he is not in love with her the way he should be but just enough to marry her, but the kids are the main reason why he's trying to marry her. Now the man I know and love is this strong guy who does have a sensitive side to him, but this new Wallace is totally wimpy and submissive to her in ways that is just so shocking and annoying. I mean I know he's faking it. He's not marrying her out of love, I've (God forgive me) been with him 2AM Easter morning. Wallace and I have been over for a year and six months. If he was so dead strong on marrying this woman for LOVE, why was it so easy for him and I to connect again. They are expected to get married on June 19th 2004, so I have a year to work on him through prayer. I'm praying for him because I know that eventually if he did marry her, at some point his facade would crumble and he would be miserable and I love him too much to just let him ruin his life because he feels as though he has no other options. He need god's guidance, and strength to break him out of his old ways and to place him on the right path. Him and I have this connection and I believe that yes he is trying to have his cake and eat it too, but deep down, I can just feel his confusion. I know he's not ready for marriage. I pray that after he does his share of soul searching with God's help and my prayers, I would like to reunite with him at some point, once he get his head together. For now, please help me with helping him. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray Thank you. Amen.
Posts: 1 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement