Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » marriage and work

Author Topic: marriage and work
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am asking for prayer again because I lost my seasonal job in October and have been job hunting. I have an opportunity to sell some of my inventory from a store I had to close four years ago. I am asking prayer that I will be successful and be able to redeem this inventory. I am also hoping to be able to somehow go back to school. I need wisdom to know how to be able to do this and work and juggle the priorities in my life so as to not disrupt the balance that seems to be developing in my marriage. Thank you for your prayers.
Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LWSJ
Community Member
Member # 1384

Icon 15 posted      Profile for LWSJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again, Chestnutmare
I'm still praying for you and your burdens. I also know what it's like to have someone you love not know the blessings and love of our Savior. I'll also pray for your husband.Sometimes seeing God's blessings firsthand is the best way to bring in a lost soul!
I'm also praying for Texasgrandma and her son. I pray God opens his heart and blesses him with a job too.
God Bless!

Posts: 19 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray for your family. I know how it is to be married to an unsaved person. The first 20 years my husband was not saved. During this time he lost his job and we lost our home. But God IS good. My husband has been saved 10 years and we have a house again.
I had put here before to pray that my son would get saved and that he would get a job. He called me yesterday and said he is going to Church. Please pray that he will get saved and that God will give him a job.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thank you and only wish that we could pray together but my husband is not a christian and he can be critical of my faith. I am praying for his salvation and for help. Thank you for your prayers.
Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LWSJ
Community Member
Member # 1384

Icon 15 posted      Profile for LWSJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I'm praying the the Lord eases the burdens that you and your husband are having.I do suggest that you and your husband pray TOGETHER on this as well. Actually kneel down beside each other, hand in hand, and open your hearts out to the Heavenly Father.
"For the Lord will not cast off for ever:
But though he cause grief, yet will He have compassion according to the multitude of His mercies.
For He doth not afflict willingly nor greive the children of men."
Lamentations 3:31-33(KJV)
I do believe in the power of prayer and if both of you open you hearts up to the Lord and each other in prayer, God's love and mercy will show itself for you. Remember God's there for you 24/7.
God Bless You.

Posts: 19 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

I come before you again like the persistant widow and I don't mean to be a pest but, I'm stuck. I lost my job 15 months ago and have only had a couple of temporary part-time jobs in between. My marriage is at risk also because of this situation so I ask for prayer for both. I am at wits end. I don't know what else I can do. I have prayed constantly and know that the Lord is doing something. Maybe if my christian brothers and sisters join me in prayer in this matter, the Lord will move on my behalf. My husband has only part-time work so he needs prayer to find work as well. I am willing to talk to anyone who has some insight on what I am doing wrong or not doing right. Like I said, I am at wit's end. I need to have an income. I am feeling like there is something wrong with me that I cannot find work. I have a good work ethic, have integrity, aim for excellence. When I do have the opportunity to speak to someone about getting a job, they act enthusiastic and say they like my work. I do graphic design. But there doesn't seem to be any work or money. I had a job this winter, very part-time and my employer hasn't had the money to pay me. He says he want to but…I'm waiting. I'm sorry to complain. My husband feels that I have destroyed our marriage because I am not working like I told him I would. I never thought I would be unable to find work but here I am and have been for 15 months. Its pretty rough on the self-esteem which makes it difficult to do like other people and sell myself to someone. I have put out my resume to many places and will continue to do so. Pray that I might be led to the right place and find work that is suitable for me. I want to use my gifts for the glory of God.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement