Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please pray for our soldiers

Author Topic: Please pray for our soldiers
living4him
Advanced Member
Member # 1187

Icon 14 posted      Profile for living4him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great idea that is. I adopted two. One for me and one for my kids to pray for. Thanks for the link [Smile]

--------------------
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change,
though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult.

Posts: 29 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across a site that's kind of neat--it's called "Presidential Prayer Team". It's not affiliated with any political party or official, nor gains any direction or support, official or unofficial, from the current administration, from any agency of the government or from any political party. It was founded to serve the prayer needs of America and her leaders.

Anyway, they have an "adopt a troop" program which is kind of neat. You can adopt a soldier (army, navy, air force, marines or coast guard) and you agree to pray for that person.

http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/adoptatroop.php

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boyson
First Post
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boyson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also like to add a prayer for the Iraqi people who, after all, are the real victims here, both of Saddam's oppression and US/UK bombing.

Our prayers should be with the troops, in the hope that they are brought back soon, alive and well, with as few casualties as possible on both sides.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you, Living for Him, that it makes no difference whether we agree with the war or not that all Christians should be praying for our solders as they are in harms way. I do not like the idea of going to war. However I also know that the United States is right to disarm the evil dictator in Iran and also to replace his terrible and dangerous government with a more humane and safer one.

Therefore, until the first shot is fired I am praying that Saddam Hussein will take advantage of the offer that President Bush has presented to him and that he will leave Iraq on his own.

From the information we can glean from the news media it appears that Saddam Hussein is never going to listen to reason and step down so we have no choice but to remove him. So I am praying that if we do go to war God will guide our generals and our solders that we can get this job done with a minimum of death and destruction to our solders and to the people of Iraq.

I also thank God that this nation is lead by a praying president. President Bush is a man of prayer and we should all join him in prayer, in one accord with our President and Commander in Chief.

I join you, our president, our brothers and sisters in this great country in prayer for our country and our solders that the task at hand will be preformed in a swift and efficient manner with the least possible loss of life.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
living4him
Advanced Member
Member # 1187

Icon 18 posted      Profile for living4him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got word from a friend that her boyfriend and his buddies (all Marines) are on their way. Whether they agree with the war or not they need all the prayers and support they can get right now. [Cross]

--------------------
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change,
though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult.

Posts: 29 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement