Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » "Standin in the need of prayor..."

Author Topic: "Standin in the need of prayor..."
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the advice. I am a freshman in high school, but I am homeschooled so I basically get a list of what I have to do this week, so I have some freedom with my school scedule. I have changed my volunteering day to Monday afternoon, can Mondys aren't as busy as Fidays, so I'm hoping that will work out, Thanks for all you prayors!

--------------------
If your going through hell, just keep on walking.

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rebecca25
Member # 982

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rebecca25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!
I hope the prayers from the members here are helping. Since you have Fridays off, you must be in college, not high school?
It sounds like you have things scheduled generally, and are a can-do go-getter. I'm proud that you're already a member of a dance company. [thumbsup] Still, with a heavy schedule you have to take the attitude of a pilot flying a big jet. They have to make constant adjustments to keep on course and make sure all the plane's systems are working so you don't crash.
On time management: Have you ever seen one of the planning aids that breaks everything down to 15 minute blocks? It is possible that you have some time Mon-Thur that you can use to bring your grades up and catch up in history. I use a digital kitchen timer/clock to time how long it takes me to do something, or limit my work on a task to 15-30 minutes.
Volunteering at the Aq doesn't sound like a large committment of time unless you have to drive a long time to get there.
Do you feel like you could skip family night a few times until you catch up?
Also, do you study on Sundays or are you a Sabbath keeper?
As far as avoiding a crash, as a student you have to take care of your brain. Make sure you get enough sleep. You can find brain nutrition at GNC(Gingko Booster is good) and Vitamin World. The brain needs water, fat, and some vitamins, and it literally runs on your blood sugar levels.
You probably know what to do to support your body as a dancer, so go ahead and take care of yourself. Just remember that low-fat can't be no-fat. Your nerves have to have lipids. Flax oil, like Udo's Choice, is a good source.
I'll trust the Lord to get you through,
Rebecca

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*company [Smile]

your right, it is ALL important to me, I just don't know what I should drop or IF I should drop anything.

--------------------

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear young person; I too will pray, this is quite a load for anybody, especially one so young.

How is the dancing going? and as for the courses you mention, I'm not sure what they are? compant? any-hooo, sometimes we need to step back and take a deep breath, and say to ourselves,"selves, what's important here?" although from what I see, all are important with you.

We'll pray for God's Strength, and His wisdom.

God Bless you;

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh little dancin girl, I will pray for all your needs and concerns... [Cross]

Maybe you need a course in time management... [Kiss]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need prayor. I'm under SO much stress with school, dance, voluteering, family, etc. Here's the story of my life:

School: Not too good with the grades, not to mention I'm behind in a couple subjects (I'm THREE test behind in History! I have NO idea how that happened!)

Dance: Spring Gala rehearsals have begun in full gear, I'm up there every Saturday at 10am till...well it's a differant time each week. Plus I have dance almost every day(except Fri. & Sun)! I can't quit any classes because I'm a compant member and I'm taking the required classes (plus Pilates, which my teacher insists I take)

On Fridays I voluteer for three hours at The Texas State Aquarium then when I get home (a little after noon) I have to get to my school work (even though I try to schelule Fri off, that never happens) then at 4 I have to go to my Speech and Drama Class then for the rest of the night I do whatever my parents do (sometime that includes going out to dinner or renting a movie [Smile] )

I think everyone knows the story of my dad. He was arrested a couple monthes ago. Well, his trial starts today with little hope that he will be found innocent.

PLEASE pray for me, please.

--------------------

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement