Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » how to help a friend.

Author Topic: how to help a friend.
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great for you. [Big Clap] We have a christain counsellor at Uni and she is the one I have been seeing. she is good and shall I say congruent and I do not feel judged. so I will find out if that is the one she is going to. Thanx for advice. [Smile]

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless you; it is so important to be a friend and to be supportive. But please remember that it can be just as damaging to be an enabler. If there is a serious problem, direct this friend to a Good Christian Counsellor.

Thank you for asking about my holidys, they were great, for the first time in close to 30 years I had my mother, who is 87,with us to celebrate. She is quite unique and active.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Njclary! I have been fine just hanging on in there and made it thru another year, now I am living in another one thanx to everyones prayers.
how way your Christmas and any new year resolutions? I am just going to be supportive of my friend. whatever I say I will trust God to giv me the words. [Big Clap]

--------------------

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Jesusluvsme; How HAVE you been??? It's been a while. I will pray for you in this matter, but let us know of your own status.

God Bless,

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 18 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello all. I received am email today from a new friend. I met her last year when we were doing a shift in the hospital and we got along from the start but we only started really talking this year. she has told me how unhappy she is and stressed because of so much course work and personal problems which she did not get into. she has been to counselling last year and feels she is better but depressed and feels she has to just smile and pretend she is ok because she does not want any attention or sympathy etc and I am the first person she has told and she does not know why but she trusts me. now that is scary because I have not been put in such a situation. I want to help but I do not know how. I do not think she is a christian but I could ask her. I see this as an opportunity to be used by God but I don't know how to be used in this. plis pray that I may know what to do and say.

thank you [hmm]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement