Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » can you say a little prayer for me?

Author Topic: can you say a little prayer for me?
Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DQKid,
Satan is lying to you. You are focused on your feelings- believe me, I've been there. You can't trust your feelings. You need to force yourself to read the Word of God. Write down the encouraging verses in a journal. Read them when the lies from Satan are getting you down. You are not worthless. Christ paid an uncomprehensible price to redeem you. He wants you to love Him and know His everlasting love, which is not based on your feelings or your performance.
Jeremiah 17:5-8
"Thus says the Lord, 'Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength, and whose heart turns away from the Lord. for he will be like a bush in the desert and will not see when prosperity comes, but will live in stony wastes in the wilderness, land of salt without inhabitant. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit....'"

Do not give up. God is my reason to live. Let Him be yours too. And don't be afraid to try Celexa. Just start slowly and watch the difference in your depression. You probably have a chemical imbalance of seratonin right now that is contributing to your depression. Celexa can help to relieve that. Ask your doctor for a prescription. If you do, you will be glad you did, believe me!

Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DQ: Don't give up, life is worth living. Find a counseler, please. Find a good Christian counseler, or better yet, go to The Counseler. I will be praying for you. Please don't kill yourself, God gave you life for a reason, and He loves you, and we, on this message board, really care for you. I know that depression is hard, my dad is in prison and his trial is in Feb. if he is found guilty, I won't see him for years. That is really depressing for me, but I know that God won't give you anything you couldn't handle, you can get through this storm. I know you can.

--------------------
If your going through hell, just keep on walking.

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DQ; Please get to someone ---now! You are asking for help and all we can do is offer support but you have to seek on premisis help immediately.

God wants to work in your life but you need a receptive mind and when confusion reigns it cannot be receptive.

PLEASE CALL SOMEONE NOW! PLEASE, call one of our counsellors on this board if you can, they can help more than I can .

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DQKid
Community Member
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DQKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I can do this anymore. I'm just so tired and weak. I don't want to be alive. I feel so worthless right now. No one would miss me if I were gone. So, why not just do it and get it over with...

--------------------
DQ Kid

Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DQKID

That is why we are a 'Spiritual Body' in Christ.

Your heart should be ours also, your happiness should be ours also, and your cry should be ours.

From the bowels I cry unto the my Lord and Savior that we maybe one, as You and the Father are also One...

We thank you Lord Jesus for what You have done...

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Psalms 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Psalms 71:6 By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise [shall be] continually of thee.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DQKid
Community Member
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DQKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to thank each of you for your prayers and concern. I am feeling a little better.

I just felt so hopeless when I wrote the first message. It seems like all I do anymore is cry and sleep and think of ways to kill myself so it would look like an accident.

I know I need to find a counselor, but from what has happened to me in the past, i'm fearful of going to a counselor or a doctor for medication.

Anyway... Thanks again for your prayers.

--------------------
DQ Kid

Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a unique perspective. I have been hospitalized for depression and I have had a loved one commit suicide. I know how deep depression cuts. But, please do not take your life. When my loved one commited suicide, I found out how painful it is for those left behind. I know this sounds harsh but I believe that suicide is the most selfish act a person can commit. It leaves everyone behind feeling quilty for the rest of their lives. No matter how many times I have been told that I did everything I could to save my loved one. You might think I am being harsh but I am not trying to be. I do understand about depression. I have been there many times. One thing that has helped me is trying to find a way to help others. We go one day a week to a local ministry that feeds and clothes people who are having a rough time. Getting out of the house and doing something for others will help you feel better about yourself. I will pray for you. Please remember your life is important and that God has a purpose for you. [Bible]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord,

I pray for DQ right now. Please show DQ that You are worth living for. You gave Your life for DQ- please don't allow DQ to listen to the voice of the enemy and think about throwing the sacred, precious life you gave to DQ. Thank you that you know exactly where DQ is at in life and that you have plans for DQ's welfare and not calamity to give DQ a future and a hope. Help DQ to hold onto You and to read Your Word and drink deeply there. In Jesus Name I ask, Amen.

DQ, I want to share something with you that I wrote to another individual on this board struggling with deep depression. I entitled it for myself "Depression Combat". I have been deeply depressed in the past before. I would encourage you to get professional help. I was crying all day long and started slowly on a medication called Celexa. I started to feel more like living again, combining the medication with Biblical therapy. Please look up the verses listed below. May God heal your heart, DQ. Please keep us posted.

First of all God loves Himself- but He is the One most entitled to do so- wouldn't you agree? He's perfect in every way- flawless and beautiful, all-powerful and glorious.
Secondly, God is good- we need to believe that and not question His character- He wants our best & plans it. Jeremiah 29:11 He has determined all our days before there was one of them. Psalm 139:16 We are created for good works prepared for us to walk in. Ephesians 2:10 All things work together for good to those that love the Lord Romans 8:28 He Who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it. Phillipians 1:6 It is the Father's good pleasure to give us the Kingdom. Luke 12:32
Thirdly, we are loved with an everlasting love that we cannot be separated from. Romans 8:37-39 God will freely give us all things. Romans 8:32 We have been blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3 "In love He predestined us to adoption as sons throuh Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will," Ephesian 1:4b-5 See also John 17:25-26.
Fourthly, Christ desires that His joy will be made full in us- John 17:13, John 15:11
Fifthly, God guards us- John 17:12 and gives us eternal life and will not let any of His own be snatched out of His hand. John 10:28-29
Sixthly, The Holy Spirit is our Helper. John 14:26 God is our shelter from the storms of life Psalm 91, Isaiah 43:1-5
Seventhly, God gives us peace not as the world gives John 14:27 God is our Comforter and strengthens and protects us. II Thess. 2:16-17, II Thess. 3:3
Eightly, We should be glad God loves Himself so much that He wanted to portray the display of His love and mercy He did towards us. And He paid a big price for it too- Jesus agonized over it in the garden, He cried out on the cross when the Father, Whom He had been with from eternity past had to turn His back on Him for Christ became sin for us to accomplish the sacrifice and take the punishment necessary to appease the justice of a most Holy God. He did that for us.
Ninthly, knowing all of this, how can we complain, murmuring about our lot in life? And we do have the choice to obey or not to obey- to live a joyous life or to live the life of a Christian miserable because of not obeying. Where would we be without God?
I recommend you check out this website:
http:www//desiringGod.org
Try the series on Christian hedonism.
Try the series entitled The Pleasures of God.
You'll be blessed if you listen with an open heart!

Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Back for more
Community Member
Member # 857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Back for more     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DQ,

Please hang in there buddy. I don't know what your issues are but I have been there myself, about 10-12 yrs ago. I can look back now and say Life was definitely worth sticking around for. If you care to share, I would be happy to listen.

God Bless
Randy

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by njclary:
DQ: I will pray for you, will you do this in return? PLEASE find a counsellor???? NOW and keep us posted.

God Bless

Joel

I am going to be one with Joel 107% on this, this is bad and needs actions.

Dear Father I come to you in humbleness of heart, hear our words and let thy Holly will be done. That Thou mayest Glorify Thy self and and bring help to DQKID. Father in Jesus Christ

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey dqkid. i don't know what you're going through, but this may be of encouragement.

Psalm 40:

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth - praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; my ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require. Then I said, "Behold, I come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do Your wil, O my God, and Your law is within my heart." I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness in the great assembly; indeed, I do not restrain my lips, O lord, You Yourself know. I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth from the great assembly. Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord; let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me. For innumerable evils have surrounded me; my iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head; therefore my heart fails me. Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me! Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion who seek to destroy my life; let them be driven backward and brought to dishonor who wish me evil. Let them be confounded because of their shame, who say to me, "Aha, aha!" Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; let such as love Your salvation say continually, "The Lord be magnified!" But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God."

stay in the Word dqkid and seek the Lord in prayer. i guarantee He will meet you there.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DQ: I will pray for you, will you do this in return? PLEASE find a counsellor???? NOW and keep us posted.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DQKid
Community Member
Member # 697

If I may, can I ask you to please pray for me. I'm really, really depressed, again. Last time I was this depressed I wanted to end my life. The thoughts of suicide have crossed my mind a lot today. I'm home alone right now and the thoughts are getting worse. Thank You.

--------------------
DQ Kid

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement