Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » prayer

Author Topic: prayer
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, and amen! I would pray also that we might consider the words of our Lord in His prayer for His disciples and for all who would come to know Him in John 17:17 "…make them holy by the truth; for your word is the truth. I have sent them to the world just as you sent me to the world and I consecrated myself for their sakes that they may be made holy by the truth. I am not praying only for these men but for all those who will believe in me through their message, that they may all be one. Jus as you Father, live in me and I live in you, I am asking that they may live in us, and that the world may believe that you did send me. I have given them the honour that you gave me, that they may be one, as we are one—I in them and you in me, that they may grow complete into one, so that theworld may realise that you sent me and have loved them as you loved me. Father I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am; I want them to see that glory which you have made mine for you loved me before the world began. Father of all goodness the world has not known you, but I have known you and these men now know that you have sent me. I have made your self known to them and I will continue to do so that the love which you have had for me may be in their hearts and that I may be there also."

While there are many differing viewpoints on theological matters, different opinions on eschatology, different styles of worship, there is but one God and one salvation and one faith and that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. May we be one in Christ and may the world know that Christ is in us by our unity in love. May we encourage one another, build one another up, pray for each other that we might not falter in our christian walk.

I thank God that I have found this group. I am seeing so many people here who are interested in growing their faith, and in knowing God. There is a great deal of power here. Power in prayer for when we unite in prayer, it will be done in Jesus name. May God bless and keep each one of you until we meet in heaven.

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father, we praise You and we thank You for all that You have done in each one of our lives. We ask that Christ's birth be made alive in our hearts as never before.. that the wonderous story of His borth would touch the hearts of those who are lost and would bring them to a new birth through Christ Jesus. I lift up the many brothers and sisters here who are serving you in ministry. I ask that You grant them peace and continued perserverence to do Your work. Guard our hearts and prepare our paths that You would receive honor and glory from our every word, thought, and action. In Jesus name amen
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement