Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » unloading

Author Topic: unloading
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey kids; over on the posting for jokes; I wrote a post on the "cup of coffee' It has a beautiful message. Check it out.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear you are hanging tough Justme. God never promised us the road would not be bumpy but he did promise us we would not have to travel it alone.

I hope you know that you too are an encouragement to us as we see God working in your life!

God Bless you sister!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you I am also definitely printing these verses too because they are the TRUTH of God. I was going through a bad patch and I believe God has got me on the right track again. You guys are wonderful and supportive so thanks again.

JLM.

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am printing all those verses you gave for the women I work with at the pregnancy center. Wonderful!

Thank you.

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Justme:

The world says we need self esteem; but I believe the world is wrong... I believe the Bible teaches that we need Christ-esteem.

The problem with self esteem is that it tricks us into thinking that we are OK, capable of solving life's deleimas and providing for our selves, and making oursleves and others happy.

When we lack this "Self Esteem" we think we cant do any of these things, but what we seek is to build our self esteem aka self reliance. When what we need to build is our Christ Esteem and Christ reliance.

I used to have poor self esteem; it grew out of a father abused me and a mother who had no esteem of anykind and a string of men in my life that esteemed me for my physical attributes.

Then one day I realized I was smart, so I began to build my self esteem through education. I maintained a 4.0 through college, built a business, became a very efficient and proficient business woman. I based my self esteem on the amount of money the bank was willing to lend me and the amount of drive and tenacity I had, and my ability to be sucessful in a man's world of wheeling and dealing.

Then one day I lost my looks and my health and even my brain wasnt as quick or as sharp as it had been. I lost my business, my home, my credit, and then my job. And I realized that self esteem is an illusion. A trick to get us to believe we dont need God, we can be God. This is how that control thing gets started;

Seek to be all you are through him. Seek Him, His face, His grace, your worth in Him, and the world can no longer kick your rump.

Seek not to esteem yourself but to be esteemed by the radiant presence of Christ in you.

As we die to self and come to the point that all we are and all we have and all we will ever be is not based on ourselves, but on He who lives in us, we come to our greatest possibility.

God's Word Declares Who I am

I am accepted

I am God’s Child John 1:12

I am Christ’s friend John 15; 15

I have been justified Roman’s 5:1

I am united with the Lord and I am one spirit with him 1 Corinthians 6:17

I have been bought with a price and I belong to God 1 Corinthians 6:20

I am a member of Christ’s body 1 Corinthians 12:27

I am a saint Ephesians 1;1

I am the adopted child of God Ephesians 1:5

I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit Ephesians 2:18

I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sin Colossians 1:14

I am complete in Christ (nothing is missing or broken) Colossians 2:10

I a secure
I am free from condemnation Romans 8:1,2

I am assured that all things work together for good Romans 8:29

I am free from any condemning charges against me Romans 8:31-34

I can not be separated from the love of God Romans 8:35-39

I am established, anointed, and sealed by God 2 Corinthians 1:21,22

I am confident that the good work God has begun in me He will complete/perfect

Philippians 1:6

I am a citizen of heaven Philippians 3:20

I am hidden with Christ in God Colossians 3:3

I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind

2 Timothy 1:7

I can find grace and mercy in my time of need Hebrews 4:16

I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me 1 John 5:18

I am significant
I am the salt and light of the earth Matthew 5:13,14

I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of HIS love John 15:1, 5

I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit John 16:16

I am a personal witness of Christ Acts 1:8

I am God’s temple 1 Corinthians 3:16

I am a minister of the reconciliation of God 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

I am God’s coworker 2 Corinthians 6:1

I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm Ephesians 2:6

I am God’s workmanship Ephesians 2:10

I may approach God with freedom and confidence Ephesians 3:12

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Philippians 4 :13

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesusluvsme: Please go to the post I made on the Jesus Loves you column, after reading all the hurt from a few of you I thought This might be easier to post to all of you at one time.

God Bless.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, God loves you -- right now, right where you are. You were born to glorify God, to praise Him. I encourage you every day to say out loud "I am loved by the Creator of the Universe; He is my Father; He loves me; He created me with a plan and a purpose for my life. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Mark 11:23-24 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Jesus is the one who said this and he meant it.

Note that it says what he says he will have...

That means negative things also. I encourage you to start praying and speaking good thoughts about you! God loves you!

You are special in his eyes. He never takes his eye off of you. You are His and He is yours!

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello all. I just need to unload some things that are stressing me out at the moment. I am not praying, when I do I feel so far away from God like I am separated from him, I find myself sometimes aking myself why I am bothering with all this praying what if it is all for nothing which I know is not true, I am afraid and I put myself under a microscope I think I critisize myself more than anyone else and have way too high expactations for myself and then I cannot do them and because of that I feel I have failed. all this is stemming straight from that issue of low self esteem that I have written on before. I want and need God but what should I do I am not perfect and I need to accept that, But I need to accept that I am good enough as I am and I am someone. Please pray that all this confusion I feel may just end and that I may finally find my way wherever I am supposed to be. It is my birthday next week on Friday and I need that to be a new start not a continuing of hurting myself and others. I have realised that I do hate myself and before I used to not eat and make myself sick I have stopped that now and now I over eat, but today I got up and said I would not eat so I can not find a balance. I am not overweight or anything I know that but I know I don't like who I am. my sister said I should focus on myself for now not on ohterand I do not know how to, she meant take care of yourself I guess. so your prayers will be appreciated so much. and pray that I may stop feeling sorry for myself instead of doing something about it. thank you.
JLM.

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement