Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Help!!!!

Author Topic: Help!!!!
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Hillison:

It is good to hear from you, I have wondered how you have been doing.

I am sorry to hear that your relationship with your girl friend is still a stressful one. You have known from the beginning that there would be difficulty because of your being a Christian and the implications that this presents for her family.

I think the only thing that you can do my brother is pray and place this in God's hand. If this girls is the one God has chosen for you he will make a way, but that is no guarantee that the way will be easy and it probably wont because, the enemy is fighting for the soul of your girlfirend and for her parents who the two of you have the potential to bring to Christ. Make no mistakes that this is a spiritual battle my friend!

It is hard for us in the west, I think to relate to the family loyalty that is a intigral part of your Asian culture. So many of us would just say to heck with our parents and what they think, but this is not Biblical! You must trust God to make the way for you and your girlfiend, and you will be a witness for Christ that you not ask her to disrespect her parents.

If she loves you and is the one God has chosen for you, she too will pray and trust God. Her love for you, nor yours for her will change because her parents have forbade this relationship, but you have to fight this battle with feverent prayer in one accord the to of you and TRUST God to make the way.

I will continue to keep you in our prayers; and I am sure your other brothers and sisters here will do the same.

Please keep us posted, and be strong, have faith!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS US FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM AND ARE CALLED BY HIS NAME!

God bless and keep you both Hillison, and may you both be a light that will save her parents and bring them to the Glory and Salvation of our Lord!
Amen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hillson
Advanced Member
Member # 416

Icon 17 posted      Profile for hillson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear all,
Greetings in the name of our wonderful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
I am a christian from China. I am messed up, becasue I recevied an email from my GF who is studying in UK... She told me that her parents found out their daughter has a bf by a chance. They didn't know before, they don't accept my gf to has a bf so soon, becasue she is still studying, in their eyes she is still young, however she is 19 years old. But now here are the problems happened, they damned my gf and get very angry with her, they don't accet me at all, because I am a christian (they didn't know their daughter became a christian when we met), and I am not a Communist Party of membership, even I have no experienced with a good university, ect........ They warned my gf to break up with me..... I wonder how it happened nowaday.I understand their standpoint is my gf is still a university student and needs to concentrate in her studies. They are thinking of good life of her after her graduation. They may arrange her to work in the high position of a gov't office or private companies. They may expect her to know a millionaire or business man with good reputatiion. My entry just breaks their plan. My girlfriend told me she just don't know what to do except break up with me! Because her parents are so strict to her, she must follow what they want to be. I feel physical sick!!! What should I do????
Please give me some advice which I'd appreciate!

--------------------
Welcome to my BBS, it's deal with christian discussion.http://www.m4mu.com/hillson/bbs/index.asp

Posts: 21 | From: gz | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement