Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I need prayer for strength, patience, and understanding!

Author Topic: I need prayer for strength, patience, and understanding!
DQKid
Community Member
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DQKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO glad to hear this bcofHIM!!

Praise the Lord!! [Big Clap]

--------------------
DQ Kid

Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless you bcofHIM. [Big Clap]

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 7 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU for all your prayers, from the bottom of my heart!!
The house closed very late last Tuesday night, we had 1 day to be totally out of the house before we left on a 6 hour drive to families for Thanksgiving! But, we did it!!
I'm much better now that the house is behind us!
Thank you again for your prayers!!!
Thank You Heavenly Father for Your abounding love and Your patience with me!! Thank You for always being by my side and having faith in me even when I have had none!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DQKid
Community Member
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DQKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you bcofHIM

--------------------
DQ Kid

Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearer
Advanced Member
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bearer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear one:

I am a Christian Counselor. Stress in the portion that you have described will usually bring out hidden pain from the past. Hidden pain and abuse can and often do cause many problems in the future for those one have suffered. I am praying that your house will finally close that the agencies involved will get finished and that you can move on with your lives. I hope that if you would like to talk with me privately that you will contact me. I am asking JESUS to wrap you in HIS everpresent love and surround you with peace. GOD Bless and remember I am here for you.

Serving JESUS Til HE comes again

Mary at Bearer Ministries [Lighthouse]

--------------------
Mary At Bearer Ministries

Posts: 50 | From: Spencer, NC | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrischristian
Advanced Member
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrischristian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I copied and inserted a post that I just put in a different board and hoping it will be of some help in your situation. The subject heading was: God Is Not Always What He Seems To Be. Also, I will pray for your family!!!

Wait! I know that subject line sounds crazy, but please read on. What I want to get across is that God is good even though there are many times when he doesn't appear to be. Take Job for example (actually he's probably not the best example, since he went through all of that disaster and still praised the Lord) or actually lets take his (Job's) problems and put them on our shoulders. That would make some of the most dedicated Christians feel like God isn't that good at all. But, we as Christians can understand that the story of Job points out that God had allowed satan to do these things to fulfill God's plan. There is a very important scripture that has meaning to this situation. It's Matthew 5:45 that says: for he (our Father) gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust too. Let's understand that God may allow circumstances that certainly won't be what we want or what we think we need, but He always has His righteous reasons.

In HIM (Jesus our savior)

Posts: 55 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
praying for all your concerns.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 9 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really in a tough place right now. My husband and I have sold our home and we were supposed to close last Friday. However, we found out Wednesday of last week that they wanted something additional repaired before they would "pass" our home. The buyers are going through a county and city bond in order to buy the home and it has been one set back after another. It is now Tuesday and we still have no idea when or if this house will ever close. We are so "sick". From stress, anger, worry, you name it we are dealing with it. We are trying to leave it in the Lord's hands, we are trying to see what he is trying to teach us, we are trying to depend on Him and His will in this snafu! I keep reading this patience statment over and over, but I just want to scream!!! We want this sale so bad, so that we can start making progress to the "big" move to get closer to my husband's daughters that live over 20 hours from us. The longer the sale drags out the longer our "big" move drags out and it breaks our hearts!!
Then on top of that I'm a person that was abused as a child. It is the cross that I bear. Overall, I have overcame this as an adult, but no matter how well I think I have done in dealing with it, it still is something that will never go totally away. I awoke Monday morning to a horrible dream about the pass abuse that had me crying/bawling my heart out. The overwheleming feelings that it brought with it were too much to handle. I feel extreamly drepressed, and just want to crawl in a dark hole and sleep right now.
Please pray for me!!!
[tears] [tears] [tears]

Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement