Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » In need of PRAYER

Author Topic: In need of PRAYER
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dancin:

I am sorry about the news that your Dad wont be home for Christmas, but it did sound like God was using this time to draw your Dad to him. Didnt you say the other day your dad is studying the word?

About 4 or so years ago, I was forced to be apart from 2 of my children over Christmas; it was the first time ever. Christmas at our home had always been such a tradition; so many things... baking cookies,hot chocolate around the fire, the night before christmas story, trimming the tree, turkey baking...all the special dishes I make just for then (each one has a favorite that I make just for them at thanksgiving and christmas) I thought I would surely die. I cant find words to express how low I was at that time.

God used this occasion to show me how I had built up traditions that were really meaningless in the eternal scheme of things. I had given my kids memories of nice warm cozy things and this is good; but I had not led them to Christ, and if he had come that Christmas all the warm cozy memories in the world would not have saved the souls of those people I treasured most in life... my kids.

I am thankful that God has been good and has given me time I did not deserve and today two of my three girls are His; and He is working on the third. And Christmas at our house is very different both in the physical and in our hearts.

I dont know if you can relate to this; but perhaps this is that time for your dad? Perhaps God will use this time to give him the opportunity to store up treasure in heaven, and you perhaps a time to learn to be thankful for your thorns, as my brother BHL posted in the Thanksgiving roses thread.

We will keep you in our prayers this holiday season dear sister; you are not alone; and we serve a mighty God who knows exactly where we need to be at just the precise time in our lives; trust him that you are there right now.

His ways are not our ways and His thoughts not our thoughts; but his way is perfect if we can only learn to trust him and be thankful for the thorns.

God Bless you!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They didn't release him [tears] the trial is sceduled for jan 18 or 19, not sure on that. I guess the hardest thing for me right now is the thought of him not being home for Christmas. [tears]

--------------------
If your going through hell, just keep on walking.

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks, I found out that my dad is getting a new lawyer, and that meeting I was talking about is re-sceduled for Thursday. I'll tell ya'll how it turns out.

--------------------

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, I JUST love your little Quotes of the week. They are so precious.

Thank you

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DancinforHim; I shall definately pray for all concerns; You seem to be going through a difficult time right now, but by God's Grace you SHALL overcome. Consider yourself to be very special in God's eyes, because He considers you to be special enough to handle the stress and know that this is a training groung for something else very special in your future!!!

[How special is that, eh??]

God Bless you,

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Please pray today, at 1:30 his lawyers have another chance to get him out on bond (I forgot what the fancy law word for this is, but it starts with an "a", I think [Smile] ) Anyways, please pray for him, and for my, and my family, because I dount think he will get out, but I know that the Lord can do anything. But, I still miss him [tears] alot.

--------------------

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Father in Heaven we lift our precious sister up in our hearts and in our prayers. Dear Father fill her heart and her life with Your awesome love, strengthen her at her points of greatest need, and comfort her and cherish her at those times when the darkness seems so deep. Dear Father we lift those precious ones who are on her heart, that You would reach them with the glorious good news of Your salvation through Christ, and that You would draw them ever closer to You, and Your perfect will and grace. Dear Father just bless our dear sister's loving heart, as she so blesses those around her with her special ministry, of love and caring. In the name above all names, our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going through a hard time right now, and it just wont quit! Ya'll already know about my dad being in jail (he just got endited [Frown] ), and the other message board (sharing Christ).

But it just wont quit, in ballet, there is a girl who hasn't been at ANY of the rehearsals, and she's in three things, I might have to dance for her (in other words I might have to do five parts, I mean, ya this could be my big chance, but...I don't think I'm ready for it). Also, I don't really feel like I'm a part of my high school youth group, I don't feel like there pushing me away, but, I don't feel like I'm part of it. Like, a couple weeks ago, the youth group went to go see the King and I, everyone was invited, but me, because I have a rehearsal that night. I just feel left out.

So, just please pray for me, also, pray for this girl in our middle school youth group, I don't know exactly what's wrong (haven't had a chance to talk with her, but I do know that she is going through a hard time, so pray for her, too.

--------------------

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement