Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » prayer needs

Author Topic: prayer needs
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robby, I praise God that you see and recognize the weaknesses and know the wrongs. Satan seeks to destroy the witness of all Christians, and will do anything he can to accomplish that goal. Please realize that God is all power and will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to handle. God has an escape plan so that we may use it to escape from the evil plans of Satan. It's up to us to take His method of escape. We all struggle with some of the sins you mentioned and without the Lord we would fall because of them. Satan knows our weaknesses and will use them to cause us to fall, but PRAISE GOD who loves us and allows us to defeat Satan with His Holy word. "Father, I thank You for your great love. Be with us as we face temptation against the wiles of the devil, show us the way of escape You have for us so that we may defeat satan of his evil plans for us. It is only through Your love that we can come to You and I thank you for being with us each step of our lives. I praise You for giving us a way out of temptation and ask that You would show our brother Robby how to escape from the devil each time satan attacks him. Thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to pay for the sins of man. Without Him we would have no hope of eternal life, and it is through Him we pray. Amen." Robby, keep looking to Him.
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Caretaker:

God is faithful. Thanks be to God my Brother Robby sees his need and that God is showing him in light of the Holy Word and Holy Spirit.

God is good soooo gooood , enough to expose our weaknesses, short comings and sin. i thank you Father for exposing mine.. amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Father we lift our Brother up in our prayers this day and we lift ourselves also, for the list he gives includes so much of what we each struggle with. Dear Father surround us with Your awesome love, fill our hearts with Your Holy Spirit that like a mighty fountain Your love might so well-up within us that our fleashly weaknesses and selfishness might be crucufied and driven out. Dear Father help us to defeat the "old man", and to daily become more and more conformed to the glorious image of our Lord Jesus Christ, that we might repent of our sins and follow You more and more according to Your perfect will. Dear Father we pray that You would sanctify each of us, to set us apart from the world dedicated to You and to Your perfect will. In the name above all names, our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.

1 Thess. 5:
Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Quench not the Spirit.
Despise not prophesyings.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Abstain from all appearance of evil.
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
Brethren, pray for us.
Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just trying to cover all my bases. Need prayer for...

Being angry, jealous, spiteful, vengeful, manipulative, dishonest, lieing, cheating, stealing, greed, selfishness, disobedience, being disrespectful, covetousness, desirous, wanting, lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, adultery of the heart, pride of life, pridefulness, idolatrousness, perversion, practicing self-abuse, blamefulness, shamefulness, laziness, being ignorant and rude, slanderous, breaking promises, cursing tongue, dishonering parents, disbelief, lack of faith, restlessness, impatience, irresponsibility, being without compassion, being unrepentive, unforgiveful, and not loving God with my whole heart.

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement