Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » At my whitts end

Author Topic: At my whitts end
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon, You can count on those who say they will pray for you, myself included. I know that at times, Satan will put thoughts in our minds that we know is wrong, but also know that God has provided a way out of that temptation. I thank Him that you have thus far taken His escape route. I would also pray that God would show your wife that He loves her and wants her to fully commit her life to Him. I tell others that Gods way is not the best way, but that His way is the ONLY way! Please continue to seek guidance from God, and in His time He will work things out. It is very hard sometimes to be patient but He will help us with patience, we only need to allow Him to help us. Never stop praying for your wife, I prayed for an uncle nearly 15 years before he realized his need of the Lord and accepted Him! Gods time is not the same as our time, He knows the need here and He will answer. Prayer is the key to Heaven, but our Faith unlocks the door! That song is so very true, I love the phrase "Prayer without faith is like a boat without an oar!" Have faith that God wants the best for you, as He does for each and everyone of His children. Praying for you, and asking you to read Romans 8:28 and ask God to show you a new vision of that verse that maybe you've never seen before. HAVE FAITH!!
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey john. i'll be praying for you and your family. just pray and see how God moves. none of us can change a person's heart but God can and does. so keep on praying. i'm not sure if the LA for location is los angeles or louisiana. if it's los angeles then check out the following below cuz you may find it helpful if you're in the area.

The Men's Ministry of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa focuses on developing godly men, emphasizing the roles that God has given them. We desire to provide men with the opportunity to grow in their walk with the Lord by applying biblical principles to the practical issues that are important in the lives of men. To accomplish this we offer teaching, fellowship and support opportunities that will draw men closer to God and each other.

Our objective as a Men's Ministry is to help men to mature spiritually by grounding them in God's Word, by providing opportunities to build relationships, and by offering ways in which they may serve the Lord. We desire to help men be "doers of the Word and not hearers only."

The Annual Men's Conferences have effectively touched 7,000 to 9,000 men each year. We view this Conference as a ministry of all of the Calvary Chapels in Southern California and see this as a coordinated effort to reach out to all of the men in this area. We can best meet the conference objectives by working as a team with the various Calvary Chapel Men's Ministries.

This years conference theme is "The Armor of God" from Ephesians 6:12-18. The event will again take place at the Anaheim Convention Center on October 26, 2002. The Men's Conference begins at 8:00 am and will conclude at about 3:30 pm. Admission is free, parking will be $8.00

We encourage and greatly desire your support and participation in the various aspects of this Conference. Please take a few moments to review this website and pray about how the men of your church can assist in making this an outreach that truly ministers to the men in Southern California.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Bearer, we will also pray.. [Smile]

Some good advise from HFH Linda also Jon..

Seek you first the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and ALL these things shall be added unto you..amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In Search
Community Member
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In Search     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, i will definitely pray for you. i can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be to go through. Remember God works in unexpected ways and there are purposes behind what God does. In His will is the best possible place to be. Stay Strong

In Search

Posts: 11 | From: Johnson City, TN | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearer
Advanced Member
Member # 40

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Bearer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DEAR JOHN:

I am a Christian Counselor and have also had some legal training I would like you to email me at bearerministries@carolina.rr.com I need some more information in order to advise you legally and spiritually. I will be looking forward to hearing from you

Serving JESUS the LIGHT Of the World

Mary at Bearer Ministries

--------------------
Mary At Bearer Ministries

Posts: 50 | From: Spencer, NC | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon:

I am happy to pray for God's will in your life. I am sorry for your pain. Set your sight on Jesus and he will bring you comfort.

But I would also ask you to think about how your wife might feel about your posting her email and web address on a public board without her knowledge. This does speak to your judgement and loving care of her. I pray that you will reconsider and remove them. I have the ability to do that myself, but my hope is you will think about how she might feel about your actions.

I also would ask you to think about why you might have posted them in the first place. Do you seek to manipulate her and the situation by having someone else here plead your case before her? Not a very honorable and forthright thing to do brother.

Plead your case before God, and we will gladly stand with you in prayer for God's will in your life and the lives of your children; but the rest is up to Him.

Father God:

Comfort this brother in his time of trial; help him to resist the thoughts of destruction that the enemy seeks to plant in his mind. Encourage him that you do have a purpose in his life and guide him to focus on that realizing that he cannot change the heart of another, only you can do that by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Help him to pray for his family and to come to know the power of his prayer when he seeks your will and not his own. Work in his heart Lord that he may see your purpose and working in his current circumstances, and allow him to find rest and comfort in that understanding.

In Jesus Mighty Name, I pray.
Amen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon
First Post
Member # 553

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi my name is John and my wife hasn't let me see my kids in two years. Her web site is thispoetgirl.com. I am at my whitts end here I try to make amends constantly and I just get a hard heart. By the way she doesn't believe in god that I know of. I miss my kids with every heart beat in my chest and I can't get her to see that. I was the kind of dad that Played with my kids on a daily basis. Her email is Celain@aol.com Please pray for us both. I need encuragement in this dark time in my life. Some times I think of ending it all and I know that is a mortal sin. I just can't help my self. Please pray for us, thank you Jon
Posts: 1 | From: LA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement