Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » dont really know

Author Topic: dont really know
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you just came from a mountain top experience and getting back in the grind down here in the valley is a bit of a let down. Remember Christians are not instantly made perfect but the work of perfecting by the Holy Spirit is an ongoing process. Only Christ is perfect and we are forgiven through His blood. Check out Psalm 37. It speaks to anger. We may feel strong emotional responses to things but, one thing we have control over is how we use our words and actions. You can take control over your roomate situation and turn it around by doing what Jesus would have you to do instead of reacting with anger. "Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret—it only causes harm." Ps 37:8
Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen. i am beggining to see it in the way God wants me to see it so i know that even if i stumble and i stray i am not alone and when i find myself in the valley because that is where i am, faith will be my strongets weapon.
[Smile]

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ray
Advanced Member
Member # 264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JLM,
I am a beginning believer and I find that I often feel very unworthy. It will happen. Keep praying and looking to the word of God for help. Helpforhomeschoolers has become a blessing to me. Listen to what people who are good mentors have to say. They can be an encouragement to us youngsters in faith. Never blame anyone for faults as we all have faults. We need to forgive and maybe help those others a bit also.
You are not alone in your feelings!
This path that I am starting looks to be the most humbling and trying thing I will ever do in my life but I know that at the end is eternity!!

Posts: 22 | From: minnesota | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i believe what you have said is true. thank you [spiny]

--------------------

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the enemy is giving you a bit of an attack. You cant be christian because you feel jealous, angry , and annoyed. This is not true! Your flesh still lives even after your spirit is dead buried and raised the spirit of Christ.

The Holy Spirit will guide you in dealing with your flesh.

You might try to sort out what you are jealous about, angry about, and annoyed about. Then you can see what things exisit in your heart that need to be dealt with. Once you can deal with them, you can slam the door on the enemy and find peace in your spirit and put off or away the things in your flesh.

Your festival experience sounds so exciting! Don't be discouraged by the back to reality experience. It is back in reality where God will use you, and also back to reality where the enemy will try to keep that from happening!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 20 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hie all. ok here goes. i just need to unload. my friend and I went to a youth 2000 festival 2 weeks ago and after the week i came home and she went to stay with her brother for another week. there is 4 of us students and we all live together. i came back with a new goal to be open to ways God may want me to be the salt of the eartg and the light of the world as this was the message i got from the festival. but hey reality set in the house was a mess and i usually fiz everthing after everyone but this time i decidedto not do a thing until we decided we would all do it. my friend came back yesterday and she started fixing it all up. i feel guilty and jealous and annoyed with her. we went for coffee with another friend today and she was all calm and soft spoken whereas i am usually quite but am staring to come out of myself a bit and just say stuff which i feel is not ok sometimes, i feel so anooyed with her now and now i do not really want to talk to her at all. i know i am more angry with me because i feel i am not all that and not even that much of a christsian if this is how i am going to feel. i am always afraid of things like going out into the street or even going to uni where there are people i know but her and others sail throung it all so easily. i am sorry i feel this way but i am so like tired of being me. a part of me wants to be safe and chilled but a part of me has been so silent for so long and wants to come out and when it does it does not come out right hence i keep people away from me. is it possible to feel all unhappy but still feel some sense of joy or something that i still feel even when things are raging around me? anyway thank you all fro listening or reading i guess. that was some unloading. ok i do not want to be merely nice to her and people when inside i feel i want to just tell her to stop messing me up so what do i do. i nkow i will pray but i cannot be merely nice and i do like my friend? [Question]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement