Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Im about to lose everything

Author Topic: Im about to lose everything
jillibean
Community Member
Member # 480

Icon 6 posted      Profile for jillibean         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I know.....and so does God.
When it gets like this for me I just turn it over and throw my hands in the air and quit clinging to "things" and just say ....."OK fine! If you want it! Take it! I am still going to be me and just fine and start all over again!" Usually, it is just my fear and materialism and the spirit of coveting "stuff" that is rearing its head trying to own me....and control my spirit of peace. And when I am ready to release it and don't care and realize that I am going to be okay with or without it.....then I dont have to be without it and God shows me how it all is working out!!!
And it does....EVERY time.
"God always has met and always will meet EVERY human need."
Think about it.......when was the last time you were REALLY hungry.........had no cloths.......went without housing......etc. etc. etc. [thumbsup]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jillibean
Community Member
Member # 480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jillibean         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I know.....and so does God.
When it gets like this for me I just turn it over and throw my hands in the air and quit clinging to "things" and just say ....."OK fine! If you want it! Take it! I am still going to be me and just fine and start all over again!" Usually, it is just my fear and materialism and the spirit of coveting "stuff" that is rearing its head trying to own me....and control my spirit of peace. And when I am ready to release it and don't care and realize that I am going to be okay with or without it.....then I dont have to be without it and God shows me how it all is working out!!!
And it does....EVERY time.
"God always has met and always will meet EVERY human need."
Think about it.......when was the last time you were REALLY hungry.........had no cloths.......went without housing......etc. etc. etc.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear FATHER my sister is in great need at this time I asked of THEE that THOU mayes comfort her in this troublesome time it is YOU who are able to bring peace to her heart and strength to the soul, she feels lonely and no where to go, but YOU oh LORD great and greatly to be praise YOU nether leave us nor for sakes us but yet YOU refine us as gold that we may see YOUR wonderful GRACE.

Thank you FATHER because YOU have done it and have glorify THY SELF once again in JESUS NAME.

LET IT BE SO. [Cross] [Cross] [Cross]

BRINGING OUT THE BEAUTY STEADFASTLY

Thank You
Love in Christ [Cross]
MAC

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

PS 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

[Lighthouse]
Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I write as someone who once DID lose everything. My husband and I were homeless for 2 years. God used that time to both humble us and enable us to help others. We worked for the organization that took us in and found the experience totally gratifying.

The most amazing thing was, even though we didn't work for money (just a roof and 3 squares), all of our needs were met. I'm talking things like soap, shampoo, "feminine articles", etc. For TWO YEARS!!! [happy]

Put your faith in Him...He will never let you down. [thumbsup]

For the record, we were greatly rewarded for our patience. Too long to put now...I might at a later date.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome walkswithSpirit. I love your name!

We will pray for your situation. But I have to share that sometimes loosing everything is gain. I have lost house, credit, cars, business, and even at one point custody of my children. I can tell you that sometimes, God allows this to get us where we need to be... in complete understanding that there is nothing but HIM and HE is everything we need.

Remember Job! Can we even comprehend the loss he suffered in a single day? But He was restored everything he lost and more.

Often we try to see God through our circumstance and it distorts our view of Him. Go up with Him and see the circumstance through His eternal eye view, my friend, it will change everything!

Trust in Him alone, He knows your need and if it is money you need he will provide, but often what we need is not what we think we need. He gives Peace where ever you are, in what ever you are miered in. Cast your earthly cares over to Him and just surrender the things you have no control over anyway. He will provide all you need. It is His promise!

God Bless You!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WalksWithSpirit
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WalksWithSpirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah.......thanks you two. Susan.....you brought tears to my eyes. I will pm you back soon.

--------------------
Always Remember:

Christians arent perfect.....just forgiven

Posts: 5 | From: small town in Texas | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Child of God,
I know where you are at as I was there for many years. But someone told me that just when we are giving up is when the blessing comes and lots of us miss it! Please read Job and remember that it really did happen.

Also, people don't like change therefore they get stuck in the same routine and get no where.
I know this first hand.
If you want different results, you have to do something different. Have you tried this?

Please don't give up on God. Remember that satan roves the earth roaring like a lion seeking to devour. It's not God behind your troubles, its satan!
Don't listen! God wants us all to prosper. But remember that Job was a very wealthy, reknown man and lost EVERYTHING, including his 10 children. He ended up broke, friendless and had boils all over his body, even on the bottom of his feet.
His wife even told him to curse God and die.
Job kept his eye on God and THANKED Him for the trial he was going through. It wasnt easy and he had horrible physical and emotional pain.

What has God been trying to tell you? Is there something and you missed it maybe? Could God be getting your attention? I don't know, dear one, but examine all the possibilities.

Most important, be faithful to God no matter what you go through. This life is vanity. It's just a short stop over on our way to eternity where our Father has a MANSION for us to live in forever and ever. Remember, our life is not about our birth through to our death. It's about making it to eternity with our Father. No material thing will be taken with us or will be important.

Remember that Jesus had no place to lay His head. He survived just fine. I'm not saying that will happen to you. God knows the times are different now for us and being homeless hangs the stigma of bum and vagrant over us. He is loving and doesn't want that for His children any more than you would want it for your children.

Be faithful. PRAY PRAY PRAY giving THANKS in all things. He will be there for you if you will truly give your heart to Him.

Please message me anytime. I will be here for you.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello WalksWith Spirit. i do not really know what to say except i will be praying for you and i hope you will all be sorted out soon. remember Jesus loves YOU!

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WalksWithSpirit
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WalksWithSpirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Im having a hard time trusting. This is it. It is do or die with the Lord. I am tired of going through the same trials and tribulations, I want to learn the lessons. I am tired. So tired. I need money to save my house, my car, and my land. I am tired.

--------------------
Always Remember:

Christians arent perfect.....just forgiven

Posts: 5 | From: small town in Texas | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement