Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayers for a new mother-to-be

Author Topic: Prayers for a new mother-to-be
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night was our last class, so this will probably be the last update.

She showed up (she didn't last week), he didn't. She immediately came and sat with my husband and I. During break we chatted up a bit, discussed baby names, etc. She mentioned that her mother may be coming up for the birth (I hope she does!).

At the end of class, I hugged her and said, "We wish you all the best. God Bless." She hugged back and smiled. She said that she hoped we would see each other again, and I agreed (there is a new mother's group that I'm thinking of joining).

Thank you all for your prayers for this woman and her two little boys, and for her husband.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update:

Last week the husband didn't show up for class. He did this week, but showed up late (she arrived on-time, alone), took long breaks and left with his wife early.

Both weeks my husband and I have worked to make her feel welcome and befriended, this week actually saving her a seat near us.

However, my husband did manage to see them right before they left when the husband didn't think anyone was looking. My husband saw him giving her a tender hug before they got to their vehicles.

Please keep up the prayers...SOMETHING'S got to give! [Prayer]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
both good and bad people make babies.
some people make good parents and some bad.
i was going to write .. if newborn twin boys don't move him, nothing will ... but he obviously wasn't moved by his previous three babies.
i'm glad you were blessed with your child after so long a wait, but i hope this guy has to wait longer before he makes another one.
i'll still pray with you though. miracles happen!

Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we will pray...amen [Prayer]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise update...

This week they showed up at class together. He left during the videotape, but came back after break and actually helped her with the relaxation exercises!

They still need lots of prayer...but at least we are seeing God's work on this!

[Big Clap]

Larry Twidwell
Community Member
Member # 285

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Larry Twidwell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying that our Lord intervene in this situation. Bless you for caring!

--------------------
Serving Him, Larry
http://www.bloodofthelamb.org

Posts: 19 | From: Klamath River, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Amalthea,

What a shame! i will pray for all concerns...

Nice to meet you, welcome to the board [thumbsup]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a woman in our Childbirth class who needs prayer. I can not post her name.

This is her situation: She told us that her husband is an "old-fashioned, waiting room father" who didn't have much to do with the births (and, apparently, raising) of his kids from a previous marriage. This is her first pregnancy, and she is expecting twin boys. He was very rude at the beginning of the class, left early, and had her following soon after. She has no close friends or family who can be in with her when her time comes.

Prayers:

That they may both come to Christ;
That his eyes will open to the joy and miracle that she is presenting to him;
That, if he is insistant, she may find someone who CAN be with her that day.
And, of course, for those 2 precious little boys.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement