Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Members Photos   » Caretaker Photos

Author Topic: Caretaker Photos
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Family group picture the day we did a fund raiser for Jan's memorial.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my little fishbait rat terrier Ruby:
 -

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Our volunteer Fire Department. I am the big ugly feller at the left rear of the picture.

-

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i bowled 300 before i think it took 3 games tho

[wave3]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
nice Brither Drew

Thank you Brother.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice Brither Drew

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Plowing snow in January

-

-

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew,
Thanks for sharing. I had over looked the links for the picture. That ice storm picture is so cool [clap2]

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup2] great pics Drew...somebody likes ice cream.....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing it looks like you live in a beautiful place with beautiful people.

Plow on, plow on...
David

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Children:

Children

From the left: Melissa, Drew, and Allyson

Grandbabies:

-

From the left: Maranda, Bethany holding Meghan, Andy and Bobby. My eldest daughter's children.

My youngest daughter's baby Lexi:

-

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Baptism

My son and wife had wanted me to baptize them but the timing just never seemed to be right. The first Sunday in November 2008, Drew asked if I could dunk them. The water was about 50 degrees but the day was sunny and almost 70, and dead calm. I wound up baptizing 4. From left to right are my wife Jan, youngest daughter Ally, son Drew, my granddaughter Bethany,(who was the baby in the five generations pic), and myself.

There were about 15 present, including Pastor Myrle and his wife Joan from Wilsey Calvary.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

God bless you;

My son Drew R., got interested in bowling when he was going to Emporia State. When I was hired as Caretaker in '88 I stuck my ball and shoes in the closet and did not figure to take them out again.

They needed another bowler and Rob asked me if I would like to bowl with them. I took out the ball and shoes after 13 years, and we started bowling.

It was interesting because my shoes were 30 years old and older than some that I was bowling with. I went by my middle name Doug as Rob was already registered as Drew. It was fun to bowl with him.

This is a picture of us with our plaques when we won the doubles in the men's city tournament. Rob is 6' and weighs-in at about 195. In the summertime I wear a hat and tinted safety glasses, and tend to look like a reverse raccoon :

-

Rob carries a 195-200 average, I carry 205-210 for the last 4-5 years. Twenty years ago I had a high game of 278. Rob had shot 279. I kept telling him I was going to catch him. Last year I threw seven in a row, a 9 spare and then struck out for a 279. Two weeks later Rob bowls 12 in a row for his 300. Now the old feller has to catch-up again...

This past season I had my 12 in a row for 300.

This is what they give for 300:

-

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Here is a picture in the wintertime taken from the sidewalk looking southeast across the other horseshoe pit. There is snow on the ground, ice on the lake, and a few thousand Canadian Geese spending the winter. This year I saw 6 Bald Eagles at the same time as they were on the ice watching for weakened Mallards.

Winter Geese

Ice Storm

Snow Plowing

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

God bless you;

I got this from Karen and thought I might share:

Once there was a little boy who lived in the country. For bathroom facilities, they had to use an outhouse. The little boy hated it because it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and it stank all the time.

The outhouse was sitting on the bank of a creek, and the boy determined that one day he would push that outhouse into the water.

One day after a spring rain, the creek was swollen so the little boy decided that today was the day to push the outhouse into the creek. So he got a large stick and pushed. Finally, the outhouse toppled into the creek and floated away.

That evening his dad sternly told him to sit down. Knowing he was in trouble, the little boy asked why. The dad replied, "Someone pushed the outhouse into the creek today. It was you, wasn't it, son?"

The boy nodded meekly. Then he thought a moment and said, "Dad, I read in school today that George Washington chopped down a cherry tree and didn't get into trouble because he told the truth."

The dad replied, "Well, son, George Washington's father wasn't in that cherry tree!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jan and I was both raised poor and out in the country. Neither one of us had indoor plumbing till we got married and bought a mobile home in town. Its quite a deal to turn-on the fawcet rather than dip out of a bucket. If the power goes-out, as in an ice storm we just have our 30-gallon waste basket, 10 gallon cooler filled with drinking water, and our kerosene lanterns and camp stove ready.

When I was born we did not yet have rural electricity, out at the farm. My grandpa used to rock me in his old rocker by kerosene lantern. That old rocker sits next to my propane stove and the last ice storm I sat in it and rocked with a cup of hot Earl Grey.

My Mom moved around a great deal when she was just a wee-one, and about the time she started to school her family was living down in Saffordville. They moved-out on a farm out in the flinthills, and her Dad was feeding cattle. She would walk the mile to the Caanan School. It was a small one-room school out in the hills. She was Baptized in the biggest body of water that she had ever seen, which they called Lake Kahola.

Her Dad died from a heart attack when she was twelve, and they moved into Saffordville. When she was sixteen her and Dad got married and I came along three years later. It was in 1956 that I was riding on the front of my Mom's saddle as she and Dad were herding some old cows across the Kahola Dam, and onto some catch pens. One old cow ran into the lake bed and Dad had to drive it out of the corn field which was planted on the lakebed. The lake had gone dry with the drought of the 50's and it was not until '57-'58 that the rains started up again and the lake filled back up. I never got too far away as I am sitting at Kahola typing this.

My hero of the faith was my praying Grandmother Lillis. For a lifetime which spanned 94 years she would arise early each morning, read His Word and pray for each of her beloved family. When anyone needed prayer it was Grandma who was called on, for it was certain that she would pray, and no one more fervently or with deeper faith. Frail in body, her heart and faith was that of a mighty warrior.

When Grandma went home, I was asked by two Aunt's to conduct the memorial service, for in her latter years Grandma was unable to get out and attend church, and there had been three pastors since last she was in the pew.

This is a picture of five generations. My Grandmother Lillis, my mother, my daughter holding my grand-daughter, with myself, big-ugly in the back:

-

There is not much but a few rock where the Caanan School once set. The old place where Mom once lived still has an old box-car that was used to fill the feed wagon. Many things change, the buildings crumble, the people move-on and are lost in memory but the hills remain rocky with flint but somehow soft in the heart.

Happy trails to you and yourn.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

God bless you;

On a couple other forums I have a thread where we kind of set-out on my east front porch, in the old rockin' chairs with a glass of cold lemonade or sweet tea, and visit for a spell. It can get kind of exciting when one of the hound dogs leaves his tail under the rocker.

-

My name is Drew and I am out in the Flinthills of Kansas, and have been caretaking at a residential Lake and Park for 21 years now. I was 55 years old, September 12, stand 6'3'' and weigh 215-225 lbs,(less in the summer doing groundkseeping). I am groundskeeper, security, volunteer fire fighter for 18 years, reserve sheriff's officer, wildlife manager, and the first emergency response for 20 minutes.

Have assisted on four heart-attacks,(one fatal, 3 successfully transported and recovered), a suicide, car and boating accidents, curbing unlawful activity, boating safety, and both structure and wildfire control and suppression. We have 2 fire-trucks stationed here at the house, and 5 more trucks in a small town 5 miles away.

Jan, my precious one and I met in senior English, in high school, and were married a year after graduation. We have been married 37 years in May and we have three children and six grandchildren. To hear the patter of running little feet and the joy-filled cries of, "Pawpa" is God's greatest blessing in my life.

-

-

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement