Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » The teachers of the religious law

Author Topic: The teachers of the religious law
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen David,

There is no doubt people would question the actions of a man that said he loves his wife but is out having intimate relations with other women but yet people that have no visible loving relationship for the Lord are embraced as brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Religious law teachers wanted to stone the women caught in Adultery but the One and Only Righteous Keeper of the Law offered forgiveness.

Who do we pattern our actions after?

Do we forgive like we desire Yahweh to forgive us?

Is our Law, commandments in stone to stone others with, or is our Law, commands written on our hearts by the feelings of emotional tenderness of knowing the GiVer of all Law?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phillip tidwell
Advanced Member
Member # 6966

Icon 14 posted      Profile for phillip tidwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only do I fully agree with your comments, but believe what you've stated is a great testimony to this particular ministry to which you've been so critical. It does not seem to be a stretch assuming all of the participants understand the sufficiency of the Bible, else we would not invest ourselves. On a personal level, I see a concurrent responsibility to share the truth, more than ever. Sometimes I wonder if the greater enemy is within the Church.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the way the NLT words the below in starting our daily reading for today:

They took Jesus to the high priest’s home where the leading priests, the elders, and the teachers of religious law had gathered. - Mark 14:53

“the teachers of religious law”

Since this is a bible study I think we are doing to get to know each other and learn together I wanted to share my thoughts on this.

The more I get to know Jesus Christ and work toward studying the Bible, it seems that it really stands out when “the teachers of the religious law” are present. When you are close to Jesus and He is your first love, you tend to want everything to be about Him. You tend to want Church to be about Him.

We need to keep in mind that “the teachers of the religious law” are still here as much or more then ever. When you seek Jesus with all your heart you are going to find Him.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

When this happens to you, it will bother you when you go to worship, when “the teachers of the religious law” try to make Church about everything but Jesus. They will lift themselves up, spend most of the service time trying to convince you they need your money, talk about themselves, their golf game, etc…. Give you a set of religious rules that will point to how you are to do what they are teaching you. Which is good if they are teaching the truth, but if you know the bible you will see a lot of today's Preachers are not teaching the truth.

I just think people need to wake up and see that “the teachers of the religious law” are still here trying to distract us from knowing Jesus Christ personally. It is all about Jesus and not about religion. I believe if people just go to Church thinking it is saving them but they never come to know Jesus Christ they are worse off then if they never came to Church at all.

EVERYONE needs to read their Bible and know the truth. We should never trust someone else to do this for us. If you don’t read the bible for yourself and study it, praying and asking Jesus to show Himself to you. I don’t see how He could ever be your first love if you don’t even read God’s love letters. We must know Him first and far most. This will give you the armor to know who “the teachers of the religious law” are. They were not out to help Jesus! They would out to KILL Him. They are still out to stop as many people from actually coming to know Him as they can. Just seems so many people are blind to this.

I beg everyone to read and study the bible and get to know Jesus. Knowing a preacher is not knowing Jesus. He has special things to show each and everyone of us, but we must seek Him and read His word. When we start doing this, our eyes are open and we start to hear Him and understand what He has for us to do. If you really know Him you will not have to have someone else tell you what He has for you to do, He will tell you Himself.

“the teachers of the religious law” are out to still your time and crucify Jesus in your mind. They wanted to kill Jesus then and they want Him to be dead to you now. Don’t fall for their tricks.

-

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement