Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » Nazirite Vow

Author Topic: Nazirite Vow
Daddy Raptor
Advanced Member
Member # 6975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Raptor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess it would prevent him from the meal at that. But then, I get the impression that he was not the sociable type anyhow. Not to mention that he was on some kind of health food kick eating bugs with a honey coating! Oy Vay!
Posts: 21 | From: Jonesborough, TN | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimbarn
Advanced Member
Member # 7053

Icon 16 posted      Profile for jimbarn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering,If John was a Nazirite,would that prevent him from taking part in the Passover?
A Nazirite could not drink wine or touch anything from the vine.
Barney [Confused]

Posts: 43 | From: Unicoi,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daddy Raptor
Advanced Member
Member # 6975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Raptor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Carol,
I belive that John the Baptist, like Samson and Samuel, was one of the few perpetual Nazirites, Num. 6:1-23.

Posts: 21 | From: Jonesborough, TN | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phillip tidwell
Advanced Member
Member # 6966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phillip tidwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to what I'm seeing John the Baptist was a Nazarite based on Luke 1:15. Although not shown as a reference in my concordance, I would think Luke 1:44 is at least equal evidence he was consecrated.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daddy Raptor,

Was John the Baptist a Nazirite? One of the ones who was a Nazirite for his whole life?

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daddy Raptor
Advanced Member
Member # 6975

I have heard people refer to Jesus as a Nazirite. However, He was a Nazarene (from Nazareth), not a Nazirite. A Nazirite could not come into contact with a dead body. Jesus came into contact with and touched dead bodies and, they were all raised from the dead!
At the end of the time of the vow a Nazirite would shave his head. If Jesus was a Nazirite he would come more near being bald than having long hair!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement