Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Martin Banner of Perilous Times, and Other False Prophets (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Martin Banner of Perilous Times, and Other False Prophets
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did Gregree go?
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
I guess I did. Who is mr?

The guy that use the name Eden and led the baseball fans to think he was a woman for awhile.He would all ways start his post with the doubt and side with against just to cause a ? to the weak in faith.. One of the many weed seeders.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I did. Who is mr?
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL are you going to bump all 300 of them?

No I just did a few for our new brother. And who can ever forget mr ?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL are you going to bump all 300 of them?
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Everybody liked them, everybody, until Barry started yelling. Most of his accusations were false, but that didn't seem to matter. Anyway, Stam never taught the things that Barry was so mad about.

Glad to see you bumped up one of Stam's articles. Born Again/Eden didn't change much over the years, did he?

Lol nope.. didnt even get into most of his stuff.

Displaying Topics 1 - 50 (300 total) [More Matches] You searched for keywords: 'stam'

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=search_tng;d=results;record=2456621-200159-7US2;result_start=1

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody liked them, everybody, until Barry started yelling. Most of his accusations were false, but that didn't seem to matter. Anyway, Stam never taught the things that Barry was so mad about.

Glad to see you bumped up one of Stam's articles. Born Again/Eden didn't change much over the years, did he?

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cornelius R. Stam is a preacher and writer.

Family and hobbies are great. My hobbies are Sokoban puzzles and crime drama TV and movies.

Do you have other interests in Christian and Bible studies?

And boy did those get the fires lit for discussion lol.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cornelius R. Stam is a preacher and writer.

Family and hobbies are great. My hobbies are Sokoban puzzles and crime drama TV and movies.

Do you have other interests in Christian and Bible studies?

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

I think some of them are dealing with personal issues right now. I took a leave of absence for a long time too, about a year and a half. I checked the forum often to make sure there were no Satanists or other crazies here, but otherwise I left it alone. WildB said he would stand by and keep things going until I got back. He's the only one who has consistently posted even when everyone else was gone. I admire his loyalty. He's the watchman standing guard while everyone else was away. But I wish he would post Stam articles like he used to. Those are good!

Do you have other interests besides exposing false prophets?

Gregree
Advanced Member
Member # 11060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This forum used to be really busy, but everybody went away. I miss my friends.

Interesting!

I wonder where they went, or did they decide to stop altogether.

I had been on the Amazon forums for a couple of years but left for good this year. So many atheists, and so much rhetoric, it got old quick.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gregree:
@ Carol:

Hey, you choked me up for a second there.
It's good to hear such wisdom for a change!

Do these forums ever get busy or is it quiet most of the time.

Ditto. The BBS moves as the Spirit of God directs 24/7. Not all happens during normal hrs.
For it is in the early hrs that some come here to sow weed seed.

Welcome to the board.

Deuteronomy 13
1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum used to be really busy, but everybody went away. I miss my friends.
Gregree
Advanced Member
Member # 11060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Carol:

Hey, you choked me up for a second there.
It's good to hear such wisdom for a change!

Do these forums ever get busy or is it quiet most of the time.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

quote:
I would that God used me like he used him, and if I were that kind of man, with those accomplishments behind me, I may get a bit more zealous for the faith, even a bit impatient towards the lost, and I'm not saying it would be right, but I wouldn't want to remembered like that.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)

If Moses went to Egypt and demanded the release of the Hebrews before God called him, Moses would have failed. If he had refused to go when God called him, Moses would have failed. But God called, Moses answered, and he succeeded. It's the same with Paul. He was called, then he spent years being prepared, and then he was sent to preach.

If we decide on our own to do something we think is good before God calls us, we will probably fail. We need to wait for His call, and then obey Him. We each have a purpose, the good works He prepared for us to do. We each are given a spiritual gift, a talent, for doing something to help others.

The disciples used to quarrel about who was better and more important. Our Lord set them straight.

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3 and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18)

At the Last Supper, He washed His apostles feet to teach them that no one is better than anyone else. Our loving devotion and service, doing what He gives us to do, is what He desires of us.

Paul also taught this same understanding.

4Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. 7But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. (1 Corinthians 12)

He explained how the body has many parts, but it is all one body. And so it is the same in the body of Christ, the believers. But the greatest gift of all is love.

Gregree, I know you already know all these things. But for the sake of visitors to the forum and new believers, I always try to explain things when I can.

God bless you friend [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Gregree
Advanced Member
Member # 11060

Carol:

Maybe it's safe to have just said what I said without mention of Luther.

I had read his biography and understood he was a failed man like myself who had bigger problems than me, but not as big as King David's.

I would that God used me like he used him, and if I were that kind of man, with those accomplishments behind me, I may get a bit more zealous for the faith, even a bit impatient towards the lost, and I'm not saying it would be right, but I wouldn't want to remembered like that.

Luther may have only been an overzealous man who may or may not have been acting contrary to the customs of his day, and may or may not have been lying about what he was saying, he just seems to be out of character to the 21st century man, who can only judge with assumptions based on his spiritual perspective.

The great Apostle Paul had his struggles with self-esteem, leaking onto the pages of God's holy word, and left for us to see today, so we can recognize our own places in His calling, and the measure of Grace He has given to each as He see's fit.

The word confirms what you said, "God is not finished with Israel, He still loves His people", and such is the argument in Romans 11 where their condition is explained:

11 "I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.
12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.
15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

I will say this last bit with the utmost honesty; my own grandmother was a Jew all her 78 years and never converted. I sit back today and realize she is not with God since she left this earth. It's sobering!!!

The same explanation in Romans 11 written thousands of years ago sums it up for you and I today like this:

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,
31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

Thanks for the replies.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Yes, he was a tremendous influence in overcoming Catholic dominance and corruption. But he hated Jewish people so much, he was like a Nazi centuries before there were Nazis. God is not finished with Israel, He still loves His people. So although Luther did a great deal of good, he did harm too.
Gregree
Advanced Member
Member # 11060

Carol:

You said: "A prophet is speaking from the Holy Spirit, and his only purpose is to glorify Christ."

Right, I couldn't agree more.

I say Luther was a good example of that. He rescued the Latin translation of the Holy Word from the Roman church and translated it into the language of the common people so they could be enlightened.

The teachings of the Apostles shined forth, and Luther helped.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Good job on posting all those. Were they all from his website?

Acts 21

9Now this man had four virgin daughters who were prophetesses. 10As we were staying there for some days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11And coming to us, he took Paul’s belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, “This is what the Holy Spirit says: ‘In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’”

Acts 2:17

'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

Those verses are just to remind us all that there are indeed prophets and prophetesses in these last days.

MB sounds more like a phony psychic than a prophet. A prophet is speaking from the Holy Spirit, and his only purpose is to glorify Christ. To warn people that if they don't repent then God will smite them. He doesn't relate past "successes" to impress people. He doesn't just claim to be a prophet so he can get a lot of tax free money.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Okay, that will work as long as they're given credit.

Don't forget Ephesians [Smile]

Ephesians 4:11-13 (NASB)

11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

quote:
Originally posted by Gregree:
Yes Carol, thanks for the reply.
I have a lot to say but for some reason I can't copy/paste my text to the post. Something about the URL, and parenthesis is stopping me.
I'm at a loss for some of this tech stuff, it's much easier on other forums.

My aim is to expose Banner and cause a link on Google to boards like these that'll help others make a better choice.

Where are you copying your text from?
Gregree
Advanced Member
Member # 11060

Yes Carol, thanks for the reply.
I have a lot to say but for some reason I can't copy/paste my text to the post. Something about the URL, and parenthesis is stopping me.
I'm at a loss for some of this tech stuff, it's much easier on other forums.

My aim is to expose Banner and cause a link on Google to boards like these that'll help others make a better choice.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Hi Gregree, welcome to the Christian BBS.

Perilous Times

http://www.periloustimes.com/about.html

He claims he predicted 9/11 and other things, doesn't he? What a shame all those people in all those different disasters could not have been saved!

Gregree
Advanced Member
Member # 11060

Martin Banner of Perilous Times, and Other False Prophets

My aim is to expose the self appointed hireling shepherds of God’s sheep, especially those who practice Dream Interpretation or Divining, and those who say they are speaking new Prophetic messages from God. I want to focus on this falsehood and try to keep it brief and informative.

Since the days of John the Baptist, a sure way to know a false prophet is because they identify themselves a prophet! They also like to remind people not to question or doubt a prophet because it’s likening to messing with God. It’s Papal like in its deceit; and clever self posturing indeed.

I say this because since John the Baptist there has been no other prophet’s besides the Lord Jesus Himself, whom in His very being is the fulfillment of all things coming concerning the will of God, as well as the reality of all things to come concerning the Kingdom;

“Do not think that I [Jesus] came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.” (Matt.5:17)

“So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.” (Colossians 2:16, 17)

“Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.” (Romans 10:4)

Of John the Baptist we’re told by Jesus, “For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.” (Matt.11:13) and, “For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.” (Luke 7:28)

But after John we’re told, “God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things…” (Hebrews 1:1) and, “For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God...” (2Cor.1:20) as well as, “ that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.” (Ephesians 1:10) and, “the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.” (1 John 2:27) and one more, “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.” (1 John 5:20)

When we’re saved we are given over to the Holy Spirit who becomes our teacher in all things concerning the will of God. Do we need another teacher or prophet as well? No. But if we did, they should only be teaching us what has already been taught by the Apostles, and if they claim to be a prophet it had better be one who reveals what has already been revealed via the Old and New Testaments and ending with new life in Christ.

If these prophets are honest they will admit their roll is actually to teach, because the Revelation of Jesus has already been written and it will come to pass and to completion by God’s timing. Anyone who comes declaring a diversion to the written word is a false prophet. Anyone who say’s they are speaking for God, or God is speaking through them is treading on dangerous grounds and had better be accurate to the letter of His Word, in which any believer can bear witness, and where all false prophets fail.

Martin Banner is one such hireling.

Martin Banner has given many so called prophetic words to his radio listeners and even the nation of America in which he claims to be declaring a message by God, and God is speaking as the first person. These messages have no more significance than any evangelist’s sermon, television news, or current events broadcast but surprisingly God also seems to be emphasizing several of Martin Banners other prophesies like some kind of P.R. man, all in the Prophesy to America alone. Mr. Banner declares he was called to “wake up the sleeping church in these last days” via his listener supported radio show and a series of dream visions he claims to have received from God but tend to be impotent as far as being able to warn anyone of anything in events like September 11th or the first Tsunami to strike the Philippines. His claims are written out to his listeners as a proof of his gift as a prophet but even the slightest examination of them brings some curious questions immediately to mind.

For instance in Gods so called Prophesy to America, I will quote you a few things God supposedly said in 2005 from Martin Banners mouth:

“I the Lord will strike your false god's and they shall come to naught and you shall find yourself naked, saith the Lord your God…”
Again, this is God speaking, and he apparently likes to mix 17th century King James English into His lingo”…continue…

”You shall look to be clothed and shall not be, because you looked not to Me, but to your own god's of prosperity and wealth. I shall bring down your idols of gold and silver and shall bring them into the dust! Why shall I do these things?…”
I’m sorry but didn’t He just say, ‘because you looked not to me”, why the redundancy?...continue…

“Because you have broken the covenant, and done despite to the Spirit of Grace…”
This is the written version. Anybody know what God meant by ‘despite’ here? And also, what covenant are we referring to?...continue…

“and have turned to your other lovers and have forsaken Me, the Lord your God. So have I sent a sign to you, oh America! A sign of judgment and not blessing, for your false prophets run to and fro proclaiming peace and prosperity, when I have determined war and judgment.”
Does this sound like God to you? God is not going to act like Americans are His people and He’s their God!...continue…

“…the blood of millions of innocent children is on your hands. You call it choice, but I call it MURDER! You call it abortion, but I call it an ABOMINATION! My anger has come up in my face because of your wickedness and your lewdness, oh America! I will wink at your sin no more!”
The implication here is that all along so far; God’s been ‘winking’ at these sins?”…continue…

“When I bring my fiery judgments upon your land, more of your children shall perish than shall be saved, and even as I divinely ordained for my servant John Harper to be on board the Titanic at the time of her sinking, and even as his appointment to preach his scheduled revival meetings had to be cancelled. So shall it be with your ministers, oh America!”
All in one breath; God declares a fiery death for our children and since He also must have seen the Blockbuster movie, promotes Martin Banner’s other prophesy, The Raising of the Titanic, from 2000, in a sort of pathetic way. And this kind of association goes on for paragraphs. …continue…

“Men said that even I could not sink the Titanic, yet I allowed it to sink!”
This is troubling and sad. It’s clearly the misguided notions of a man who has no fear of the Almighty and dares to spout such juvenile tripe and attribute it to our God.

Critique of quotes from the Dream of Pledge of Allegiance, to Martin Banner - 6/2/02

Quote M.B. "It appears the dream is saying that there will be an attempt to remove "one nation under God" from the pledge of allegiance and that this event will signify the beginning of the loss of freedom and liberty in the United States while Russia will continue to receive more and more freedom until the two nations will be almost identical in their political structure."

Quote M.B. "Three weeks after I received the dream about the changing of the pledge of allegiance the California "supreme court" passed a law saying that one nation under God was unconstitutional and that the pledge could no longer be recited in California. After this ruling 9 states in the west banned the pledge of allegiance."

FACTS:

 On June 26th 2002 a three member panel of the "United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit” in San Francisco ruled that recitation of the current version of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools is unconstitutional..."

 "The decision was put on hold pending a review by the full court and a general expectation that the ruling would be reconsidered at that time. However, on February 28th 2003 the Ninth Circuit declined to reconsider, and the decision was again temporary stayed to give the school district 90 days to ask the "Supreme Court" to review the ruling."

 "The decision applies only to the nine Western states under the Ninth Circuit's Jurisdiction..." [Was not mandatory to all]

 "In June of 2004 the "Supreme Court" reversed the lower court’s decision."

Quotes from the Tsunami Dream, to Martin Banner - 5/23/04

Quote M.B. "The interpretation of the dream seems to be that the next great event on God's timetable dealing with the end time is an enormous tidal wave coming. Brother George's home is on the east coast and seemed to be the house in the dream. It appears that there is a massive tidal wave coming to the east coast of the United States of America and will be centered near Brother George's home."

Quote M.B. "Fulfillment 12/27/04 The dream was at least partially fulfilled on Dec. 26th 2004 when an enormous tsunami slammed into Indonesia and several other countries..." [But not brother George’s location?]

Quote M.B. "First, I want to condemn this horrific act of terrorism perpetrated against the American people and all acts of terrorism committed anywhere against anyone. Acts of terror and fear, designed to manipulate people, are condemned by God and by His word." [Say what???]

Quote M.B. "The Lord showed me the tsunami at Brother George's house because he knew we would be visiting brother George when the tidal wave hit." [Hit over in the Philippines!]

Quotes from the Dream of Second Tidal Wave, to Martin Banner - 2/15/07

Quote M.B. "The size and strength of this tsunami seemed to be much greater than the one I was shown in the first dream. The tsunami in the first dream seemed to be between 20-30 feet high and the damage was minimal..." (?)

Quote M. B. "In the first dream...it appears...that this last tsunami was a great event in the last days scenario and many believe it has now moved the earth off of its axis and it appears that magnetic north has now moved up to 2,000 miles. This has apparently created great changes in our weather and now both polar ice caps are melting at alarming rates. What this next tsunami will do I am not sure..." [That’s minimal?]

For me, this disastrous limited inquiry speaks for itself and is convincing enough.

Now, I understand Martin Banner is just a man but these faux-pas’ on his web-site are hardly something to overlook when you realize he’s declared himself a prophet and claiming these prophecies and dreams are coming from the Christian God to the church and he’s also taking (tax free?) financial contributions from the faithful to fund his lifestyle as well.

This man claims to be building a ministry by the leading of the Holy Spirit. And yet when I contacted him via email about something he said to the listeners on November 4th 2013 he responded in like peculiar fashion.

The subject that Monday was on the Pre-Tribulation Rapture and Mr. Banner was warning us to not listen too or obey such teachings because, and I quote, “If you continue to listen to these people who are lying to you they will take you to hell with them because that is where they are going.”

This is heard at 53:12 of the “When Will the Rapture Occur” lesson that was broadcast on November 4th. The context just before this was ‘how could it be, there will be saints in the Tribulation?’ which in Mr. Banner’s mind disproves the Pre-Tribulation Rapture idea, being taught by people obviously going to hell.

• In that same lesson Mr. Banner also taught, “there is no such doctrine in the bible” 14:56
• The Rapture, Pre and Mid versions, “are doctrines of the devil” 20:51
• Assuring them of his favorite passage that seems to apply to everything he disagrees with, “this doctrine tickles the ears, because it’s not sound doctrine” 39:48
• And, “The Pre-Tribulation Rapture teaching is a lie from hell. It is designed to damn your soul!" 41:53
• There are “no scriptural references” in the bible about this teaching. 44:35 – 47:48
• And last but not least he assured them of God’s coming delusion that will captivate the wicked, the Pre and Mid Tribulation Raptures being implied here, will only result in them, “having their part in the Lake of Fire”. 53:34

This was alarming to me, and overlooking the obvious red flags I tried to reason with him brother to brother explaining to him how the ideas people have about the Rapture are all usually grounded in scriptural interpretation with faith, but not counted as a Salvation doctrine, just more like a strong opinion. He replied with a humble apology and thanked me for the rebuke but denied making the statement as such.
He told me he would look into what he actually said and get back. By the end of this email his ego had taken enough, and he began to write in a more combative tone telling me if I were serious about my rebuke I would call him, saying, “If you truly are under God’s grace, then he will give you the grace to confront me one on one over the phone”, and, “What I perceive is that you do not believe a believer can fall from grace, as I just showed you in the above scriptures and that it is you who are deceived.” My reply was sincere, I wrote, “when it comes to phone calls I find it limits the equal time and ability for both sides to express their point because too many other distractions get involved.’ ‘Writing things down leaves the other with concrete thoughts to ponder and respond to.”

I knew my own ego as well as his would cloud the Word and become a contest, so I required we leave it to scripture. He never bothered to expound on anything. I'm almost certain he didn’t actually read everything, and he wanted to end our discussion very quickly, but I pressed him to own up to his comment, and he later responded with guile.

Did you notice Martin Banner’s reply overlooked my initial concern, as well as my humble approach, and went right for the jugular of what he “perceived” was my doctrinal foundation, even though I never once told him my position on faith, or the Rapture for that matter, and for some reason he changed the subject to a sermon, and made me his enemy all in one breath. And that was just the first interlude. Later, after sharing some of Mr. Banner’s antics with my wife, she asked me if this is how he treats all his listeners! She asked a very keen question.

It’s interesting to me that Martin Banner went on to attack the concept of Eternal Security and later called it a “damnable heresy”.
For all of his special insight with God he really seems blind to basic concepts of Eternal Life, forgiveness of sins, the New Testament that replaced the Old, and the Power of God to save us completely, in spite of ourselves, which is Grace.

How does a man empty himself of himself to become a vessel that contains the fullness of the Godhead, and yet come across as egocentric?

The answer is because Martin Banner is not a prophet he’s a malcontent, with the need to be superior to others and he does so with a false premise and a ministry of condemnation that he preaches with a redundant zeal; so please beware.

> End <

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement