Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » baptismal regeneration

Author Topic: baptismal regeneration
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bob:
Continue to encourage him and help him understand that baptism is not necessary for salvation. Remind him of the thief on the cross next to Jesus. One day, when he is of age, he can get baptized if he wishes.

I agree even though baptism is very important it is not nessary for salvation.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bao3niang
Member # 10876

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Bao3niang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those passages in the Bible which tell you that you must have faith AND be baptized, I believe it is not referring to the ritual of water baptism (which I have gone through), but I think it is more of a symbolic baptism which means the washing away of sins by the Spirit. Anyways, I will continue to tell him that as long as he remembers Romans 10:9, he will be saved.
Posts: 6 | From: China | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bao3niang
Member # 10876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bao3niang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chaplain Bob, thank you for your response! God bless you! My friend has shared his faith before with other people, but a major stumbling block for him is his own family. He has a really difficult relationship with his family, and is afraid of sharing his faith with them.
Posts: 6 | From: China | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continue to encourage him and help him understand that baptism is not necessary for salvation. Remind him of the thief on the cross next to Jesus. One day, when he is of age, he can get baptized if he wishes.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bao3niang
Member # 10876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bao3niang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got this question from a friend who has believed for less than 1 year. He read about this thing called "baptismal regeneration", and is worried that he is not saved unless he is baptized.
He prays pretty much every day and has read the Word of God, but his family is Chinese Buddhist/Confucian and will not allow him to get baptized and go to church (he is 17, I am 18). I told him about Romans 10:9, which says "If you confess Jesus as Lord and Savior with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." However, he still seems to be worried about not getting baptized. I'm worried that he will fall into this false teaching. What should I do?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement