Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » The Bible forbids the tattoos!

Author Topic: The Bible forbids the tattoos!
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
quote:
Not to the becauseHElives law firm.
WildB, it's not my law firm...

I am humbled and privileged to be part of the greatest Law Firm ever established…”God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit Unlimited.”

They have been in business since time began and will continue through eternity.

They offer legal counsel that is unequalled! And the cost is free to all…

No matter what your crime, they can get you off.

The Father is the Judge in The Supreme Court of The entire universe.

The Son has taken upon Himself the guilt of the entire human race.

And the Holy Spirit is constantly day and night bringing potential clients into the Fathers presence to offer the free services of Their Law Firm.

Only requirement is surrender to the Lordship of the Son.

If Lordship is accepted our team of experts goes to work immediately. Because our firm understands the nature of law breakers, and we know the nature of the law breaker must be totally changed so we give heart transplants. We remove the old stone cold rebellious heart and replace it with a God sensitive, Law loving heart that is super sensitive to the things of The Father God. The transformation is so complete there is now a new creation, a new creature in existence. (I refer the reader to the only reference book our firm recognize as legally binding) case in point

Hebrews 10:16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Paul’s reference taken from….

Jeremiah 31:33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Also here….
Ezekiel 36 :26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Oh well some have ears to hear ad some do not, I pray dear reader, you will call on my Boss and let Him do what only He, His Father and the Holy Spirit can do before it is to late.
Yours sincerely (becauseHelives) a humble servant in the Law Firm of …”God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit Unlimited.” We specialize in Love, Mercy and Grace

THEY! not you.

THEY bleed, grieved and carried you all them years you committed adultery in your heart.

Now you think your clear to be a rock thrower?

Get real, Get Christ.

Yours sincerely (WildB) a servant of the GRACE of …”God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit .” thru Love and not the firm hand of the law where there is no mercy. Where you yourself would be worm food under a rock pile.

[hug]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WildB, it's not my law firm...

I am humbled and privileged to be part of the greatest Law Firm ever established…”God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit Unlimited.”

They have been in business since time began and will continue through eternity.

They offer legal counsel that is unequalled! And the cost is free to all…

No matter what your crime, they can get you off.

The Father is the Judge in The Supreme Court of The entire universe.

The Son has taken upon Himself the guilt of the entire human race.

And the Holy Spirit is constantly day and night bringing potential clients into the Fathers presence to offer the free services of Their Law Firm.

Only requirement is surrender to the Lordship of the Son.

If Lordship is accepted our team of experts goes to work immediately. Because our firm understands the nature of law breakers, and we know the nature of the law breaker must be totally changed so we give heart transplants. We remove the old stone cold rebellious heart and replace it with a God sensitive, Law loving heart that is super sensitive to the things of The Father God. The transformation is so complete there is now a new creation, a new creature in existence. (I refer the reader to the only reference book our firm recognize as legally binding) case in point

Hebrews 10:16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Paul’s reference taken from….

Jeremiah 31:33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Also here….
Ezekiel 36 :26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Oh well some have ears to hear ad some do not, I pray dear reader, you will call on my Boss and let Him do what only He, His Father and the Holy Spirit can do before it is to late.
Yours sincerely (becauseHelives) a humble servant in the Law Firm of …”God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit Unlimited.” We specialize in Love, Mercy and Grace

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My my the hate and vile that comes from some.

To Tattoo or Not To?

This is a question many Christians struggle with. I believe tattooing falls into the category of "disputable matters" where the Bible is not clear. But wait a minute, you might be thinking. The Bible says in Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord." (NLT) How much clearer can that be?

It's important, however, to look at the verse in context. This passage in Leviticus, including the surrounding text, is specifically dealing with the pagan religious rituals of the people living around the Israelites. God’s desire is to set his people apart from other cultures. The focus here is prohibiting worldly, heathen worship and witchcraft.

God forbids his holy people to engage in idolatrous, pagan worship and sorcery which imitates the heathens. He does this out of protection, because he knows this will lead them away from the one true God.

It's interesting to observe verse 26, "Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood," and verse 27, "Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards." Well, certainly many Christians today eat non-kosher meats and get haircuts without participating in the forbidden worship of pagans. Back then these customs were associated with pagan rites and rituals. Today they are not.

So, the important question remains, is getting a tattoo a form of pagan, worldly worship still forbidden by God today? My answer is, this matter is disputable, and should be treated as a Romans 14 issue.

If you are considering the question, "To tattoo or not to?" I think the more serious questions to ask yourself are: What are my motives for wanting a tattoo? Am I seeking to glorify God or draw attention to myself? Will my tattoo be a source of contention for my loved ones? Will getting a tattoo cause me to disobey my parents? Will my tattoo cause someone who is weak in the faith to stumble?

God has given us a means to judge our motives and weigh our decisions. Romans 14:23 states, "...everything that does not come from faith is sin." Now that's pretty clear!

Instead of asking, "Is it okay for a Christian to get a tattoo," perhaps a better question might be, "Is it okay for me to get a tattoo?"

Since tattooing is such a controversial issue today, I think it's important to examine your heart and your motives before you make the decision.

Self Exam - To Tattoo or Not To?

Here is a self-exam based on the ideas put forth in Romans 14. These questions will help you decide whether or not getting a tattoo is a sin for you:
How does my heart and my conscience convict me? Do I have freedom in Christ and a clear conscience before the Lord regarding the decision to get a tattoo?
Am I passing judgment on a brother or sister because I don't have freedom in Christ to receive a tattoo?
Will I still want this tattoo years from now?
Will my parents and family approve, and/or will my future spouse want me to have this tattoo?
Will I cause a weaker brother to stumble if I receive a tattoo?
Is my decision based on faith and will the result be glorifying to God?
Ultimately, the decision is between you and God.

AND

Though it may not be a black and white issue, there is a right choice for each individual. Take some time to honestly answer these questions and the Lord will show you what to do.

Not the becauseHElives law firm.

• Consider the pros and cons of tattooing with Christian Teens Guide Kelly Mahoney.
http://christianteens.about.com/od/advice/f/tattoo.htm
• Consider this in-depth look at Tattoos and the Bible by Pastor Chuckk Gerwig.
http://www.sacredink.net/tattoo_and_the_bible/
• Consider a Jewish perspective on tattoos.
http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askrabbi_o/bl_simmons_conversiontattoo.htm
• Consider what some Christian music artists say about tattooing.
http://christianmusic.about.com/od/editorial1/a/tatsok0506.htm

A Few More Things to Consider

There are serious health risks involved with getting a tattoo:

• Possible Tattoo Diseases & Reactions
http://tattoo.about.com/od/disease/
• Tattoo Health Risks
http://tattoo.about.com/cs/tatsafety/a/health_risk.htm

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TATTOOS & THE BIBLE

WHAT ABOUT LEVITICUS 19:28?

Leviticus 19:28 is the Christian (or so-called Christian?) tattooist and tattoo-bearer's worst nightmare. The Lord plainly, clearly, strongly, and without a doubt – condemns the tattoo.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

Could that be any more clear?

"Ye shall not. . .print any marks upon you. . ."

Simple. . . Straightforward. . .Settled. . .

God Said It. . . I Believe It. . . That Settles It. . .

Right. . .?

Not hardly. . .

The clear statement from the word of God does not settle anything for this generation of disobedient, carnal, worldy, tolerant, non-judgmental, Christians. Rather than obey God, they run miles and miles and miles to "justify" their open disobedience to the Word of God.

How do they get around Leviticus 19:28?

Clearly, there it is. "Ye shall not. . .print any marks upon you. . ."

A lot of Christians when confronted with Leviticus 19:28, scream, "Hey dude, that’s not for today. Man, that’s the Old Testament. I’m under the New Testament".

Did you know that "bestiality" (sicko, perverted, sex with an animal) was ONLY forbidden in the Old Testament Levitical Law? Only in Leviticus 18:23 and Leviticus 20:15-16. Dude, only in the Old Testament Law. Does that mean a Holy God NOW – under the New Testament, approves of bestiality?

By the way, have you ever read Leviticus 19:29? The verse immediately AFTER the "it’s not for me" Leviticus 19:28?

Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a ***** ; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.
Leviticus 19:29

This is the only place in the Bible that God directly forbids someone to prostitute their daughter. And since, it’s ONLY in the Old Testament Levitical Law (and "hey, dude, we’re NOT under the law") – it MUST be ok by the Lord for a parent to cause their daughter to prostitute.

Same sick, perverted, wicked, line of reasoning as the "it’s ONLY in the Old Testament-tattoo-bearer-wearer". Same reasoning. . . Same disobedience. . . Same perversion of the Word of God.

There are many other "moral laws’ that are ONLY forbidden in the Old Testament, such as the human sacrifice of children. No where in the New Testament is this forbidden. Does that mean that NOW under the New Testament, God Almighty endorses throwing babies into the fire as a human sacrifice?

And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 18:21

Matthew Henry’s Commentary at the beginning of Leviticus 19 explains that most of Leviticus 19 (such as verse 19:28) are moral commandments that applies not only for Israel but for the New Testament Christian today.

"Some ceremonial precepts there are in this chapter, but most of them are moral. . . Most of these precepts are binding on us, for they are expositions of most of the ten commandments."
(Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Whole Bible, Leviticus 19:28)

IT’S ONLY "FOR THE DEAD"

But by far the Christian tattooers favorite excuse for disobeying Leviticus 19:28 is the "that means nor print any marks upon you – for the DEAD". It’s ok, as long it’s not for the dead". See the "for the dead!!! . .for the dead!!!!".

Is it ok to practice satanic bloodletting, self mutilation or cutting of the flesh as long as it’s not for the dead? It’s in the same verse. . . Hmmm. . .?

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

Notice also, the phrase "for the dead" is ONLY referencing the "cuttings in your flesh". The condemnation of "nor print ANY marks upon you" is not qualified by the phrase "for the dead". Also, if you’ll notice the verse clearly says "ANY marks" period.

Merrill F. Unger's, very popular and authoritative, Unger's Bible Dictionary under the definition for "Mark" includes the following reference for Leviticus 19:28:

"In Lev. 19:28 we find two prohibitions of an unnatural disfigurement of the body: 'Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead, nor any print any marks upon you.' The latter (Heb. qa aqa, incision) refers to tattooing, and has no reference to idolatrous usages, but was intended to inculcate upon the Israelietes a proper reverence for God's creation."
(Merrill F. Unger, Unger's Bible Dictionary, 1974 ed., p. 696)

Notice that Unger teaches that tattoos were forbidden without any reference to pagan, heathen, or idolatrous usages. In other words, the tattoo itself, regardless the reason, was forbidden. Amen. Brother Unger.

Wycliffe’s Bible Encyclopedia under the definition for TATTOOING distinctly says:

"While ‘cuttings in the flesh’ have reference here to mourning customs [for the dead], the tattooing does not appear to pertain to such practice."
(Wycliffe Bible Encyclopedia, 1975 ed., p. 1664)

The New American Commentary on Leviticus 19:28 writes the condemnation was for, "cutting the body either for the dead or with tattoo marks." (Mark F. Rooker, The New American Commentary on Leviticus, 2000 ed., p. 262) Explicitly recognizing the tattoo was not "for the dead."

Do you see how dishonest and disobedient this "it doesn’t apply to my New-Testament-Christian-marked-for-Jesus-tattoo" is? Find what you don’t like in the Word of God, cut it out (doesn’t apply to New Testament Christians) or misapply (it’s just for the DEAD, when it’s clearly NOT). Same tactics used by the satanic cults and heretics for years. You can prove anything and everything with such deceitful methods.

THE "FORBIDDEN" HAIRCUT

One of the silliest and childish arguments to justify the Christian tattoo is the: "Hey man, do you get a haircut or trim your beard? God condemned getting a haircut or trimming your beard in the verse before forbidding the tattoo. Dude, the tattoo is the same as getting a haircut."

Believe it or not . . . this is a widely used argument.

Leviticus 19:26-28 is a clear condemnation of pagan, witchcraft and heathen practices. Look at the context. Verse 26 is plainly referring to "enchantment [spells or witchcraft] nor observe times [astrology]. . . Verse 28 is the pagan, demonic practice of bloodletting [cuttings in your flesh] and tattooing. Why would the Lord stick in the middle a verse that "condemns simply getting a haircut"? Of course, He wouldn’t. . . And He didn’t. . .

Leviticus 19:26-28 reads:
26 Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.
27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

The condemnation found in verse 27 of "rounding the corners of your head" or "mar the corners of thy beard" was the forbidding of a common pagan practice that cut the hair as worship and honor of the hosts of heaven.

Here’s how Matthew Henry’s and Coffman’s Commentaries reflect on the "forbidden haircut" of Leviticus 19:27:

"Those that worshipped the hosts of heaven, in honour of them, cut their hair so as that their heads might resemble the celestial globe; but, as the custom was foolish itself, so, being done with respect to their false gods, it was idolatrous." (Matthew Henry, Commentary on the Whole Bible, Leviticus 19:27)

"Herodotus tells of the use of this type of haircut, forming what is called a tonsure, as the practice of pagan religious cults of ancient times who did so honoring one of their gods."
(Coffman Commentaries on the Old and New Testament, Leviticus 19:27)

The fact is. . . Up until a few years ago, virtually everyone, including the most liberal Christian, KNEW the tattoo was clearly forbidden by the Word of God. And throughout history, the tattoo has ALWAYS been condemned by Bible Believing Christians. Always. Every historical resource ever written on tattoos clearly confirms this fact.

"Just as occurred in other cultures with tattoo traditions, when these pagan tribes were ‘converted’ to the Christian religion, their spiritual and cultural rites (which included tattooing, piercing and scarification) were outlawed. . ."
(Jean-Chris Miller, The Body Art Book : A Complete, Illustrated Guide to Tattoos, Piercings, and Other Body Modifications, p.9)

"Whenever missionaries encountered tattooing they eradicated it."
(Gilbert, Steve, Tattoo History: A Source Book, p. 101)

"While these and other body modifications continued to be practiced underground as a way for non-Christian people to identify each other, God forbid you got caught and your mark was revealed."
(Jean-Chris Miller, The Body Art Book : A Complete, Illustrated Guide to Tattoos, Piercings, and Other Body Modifications, p.11)

Up until a few years, virtually every commentary written understood Leviticus 19:28 as an open condemnation of the tattoo. The Christian acceptance of a tattoo was not even considered for serious discussion.

Jameison-Faussett-Brown Commentary and Explanatory on the Whole Bible writes under Leviticus 19:28

"nor print any marks upon you–by tattooing, imprinting figures of flowers, leaves, stars, and other fanciful devices on various parts of their person. The impression was made sometimes by means of a hot iron, sometimes by ink or paint, as is done by the Arab females of the present day and the different castes of the Hindus. It it probable that a strong propensity to adopt such marks in honor of some idol gave occasion to the prohibition in this verse; and they were wisely forbidden, for they were signs of apostasy; and, when once made, they were insuperable obstacles to a return."
(Jameison-Faussett-Brown Commentary and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, Leviticus 19:28)

James M. Freeman in his excellent book, The New Manners & Customs of the Bible, says of Leviticus 19:28:

"Tattooing Forbidden
Both cutting and tattooing were done by the heathens, and so God forbade His people from doing so in imitation of them."
(James M. Freeman, The New Manners & Customs of the Bible, 1998 edition, p. 157)

Coffman's Commentary on the Old and New Testament under Leviticus 19:18 says:

"The cutting of one's flesh also characterized pagan worship as attested by the priests of Baal on Mount Carmel in the contest with Elijah. Tattooing was also a device of paganism. . . Christians generally disapprove of tattooing, despite the fact of the widespread use of it by many even today. In the light of what God says here, and in view of the history of it, it seems strange that anyone would pay someone else to tattoo him."
(Coffman's Commentaries on the Old and New Testament, Leviticus 19:28)

Charles R. Erdman in his commentary on Leviticus 19:28 writes:

"The custom of tattooing was forbidden, while among all the nations of antiquity it was common." (Charles R. Erdman, The Book of Leviticus, 1951 ed., p.93)

But Naves famous Topical Bible puts it best. Under the topic "Tattooing", Nave’s simply and bluntly writes: "TATTOOING, forbidden, Lev. 19;28" (Nave's Topical Bible, p. 1312)

BUT WHAT ABOUT ISAIAH 44:5 & EZEKIEL 9:4?

I've seen several references by Christian tattooers who claim Isaiah 44 and Ezekiel 9 are examples of God-ordained tattoos in the Bible.

And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Ezekiel 9:4

One shall say, I am the Lord's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the LORD, and surname himself by the name of Israel.
Isaiah 44:5

The following excellent explanation of Isaiah 44:5 and Ezekiel 9:4 came from a Jewish web site:

1) In Leviticus 19:28 the term used is "k'thoveth qa'aqa." "K'thoveth" means "writing or inscription." "Qa'aqa" comes from a root whose meaning is "to insert or to stick in." Together, "writing that is stuck in"(see Rashi's commentary on the verse). Jewish oral tradition explains that the verse is talking about what we refer to today as tattoos, i.e. scratching or piercing the skin and filling it in with pigment.(see the tractate "Makoth" 21a).
2) Isaiah 44:5 uses the word "yichtov" which means "will write" without the word "qa'a'qa" "to insert or to stick in." Isaiah is not talking about tattoos. What he is saying is "...and he will write with his hand to the L-rd..." like someone who signs a contract to express his utmost commitment and obligation(see Metzudath David's commentary on the verse).

3) Ezekiel 9:4 uses the word "tav" which means "a mark or a sign." The man clothed with linen is going to mark the foreheads of the righteous with ink, not tattoo them!

Someone who read the verses (Isaiah 44:5 and Ezekiel 9:4) in the Hebrew original would never dream that they are referring to tattoos.
(www.geocities.com/mnlerner2000/let007.html, used with permission)

THE "TATTOOED" LORD JESUS CHRIST. . .

Some Christian tattooers go so far as claim that the Lord Jesus Christ has a tattoo!

Many Christian tattooers claim that when the Lord Jesus Christ returns in Revelation chapter 19 on a horse – He has a tattoo on his thigh!

Revelation 19:11-16 says:
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

I know you don’t believe Christians can be that deceived so here’s the proof:

"And what of Christ Himself? Twice in chapter 19, our Lord is depicted as having a name written on Him (verses 12 and 16). As unthinkable as it may be for some to picture our Lord Jesus as having a tattoo, the author of the Apocalypse had no problem with it."
(www.larryoverton.com/berean/tatoos.htm)

Revelation 19:16 clearly is referring to the "vesture his thigh" – ". . .he hath on his vesture and on his thigh. . ."

Can anyone with any spiritual discernment (and a brain) really believe the Lord Jesus Christ has a tattoo? Isn’t it amazing how spiritually blind someone becomes when they began to justify their disobedience to the Word of God?

But what really is frightening about this gross, perverted, wicked interpretation of a "tattooed" Jesus Christ in Revelation 19:16 – it makes the Lord Jesus Christ a SINNER!

It means the Lord Jesus CLEARLY disobeyed Leviticus 19:28! It means the Lord Jesus Christ was not Holy! He was not the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. He clearly was disobedient and broke the Leviticual Law of Leviticus 19:28!

And if the Lord Jesus Christ committed sin – everyone is either in hell or on the way to hell. There is no salvation without a sinless, spotless Lamb of God. It took a sinless, perfect, Saviour to pay for your sins.

And thank God – despite what these spiritually sicko, perverted, Christian tattooers "preach" – The Lord Jesus Christ was without sin – and without "tattoo"!

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1 Peter 1:18-19

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4:15

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
2 Corinthians 5:21

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1 Peter 2:21-22

4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1 John 3:4-5

DEFILING THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD

Most Christians, even the most carnal and backslidden, would never desecrate or defile the local church building. Even among most lost people there is a reverence and sacredness to the church building.

But. . . Did you know?

If you are truly born again the Holy Spirit of God dwells within in (John 14:17, Romans 8:9, 11) and your body is the temple of God. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 makes this very clear.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

And . . . Did you know?

The Lord warns several times of the seriousness of defiling the temple of God – your body! In 1 Corinthians 3, the Lord clearly and sternly warns against defiling your body – the temple of God. If any man defiles the temple of God – HIM SHALL GOD DESTROY!

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17

My Christian friend, you’d better watch what you do with your body. It is the temple of a Holy God. You’d better not defile it with pagan, devil-worshipping tattoos!

". . . If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy. . ."

What God said – He meant!

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Numbers 23:19

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Galatians 6:7-8

Do you really believe the Lord Jesus Christ is pleased with a Christian wearing a pagan tattoo? Do you honestly believe God’s perfect will is for a Christian, any Christian, to be "marked" with a demonic tattoo?

With the unbiased documentation and Bible we’ve given (and we could supply much, much more) there is no question to the pagan and devil-worshipping source of the tattoo. Every tattoo historian I’ve read, traces the root of the tattoo to religious paganism. Every one.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17 is another warning against the tattoo. Notice the warning against the "fellowshipping" and concord with Christ and Belial (the devil). Verse 16 is very interesting. . . As it relates the "fellowshipping" with your body – the temple of the living God.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17 reads:
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
I realize in writing this, a lot of Christians (or so-called Christians?) could care less what God says. They’re gonna do what they want to do – despite heaven or hell. But there are many Christians who want to serve God more than anything – with ever fiber of their soul. I’ve talked to many, many Christians who were thinking about getting a tattoo. But after showing them the satanic origin of the tattoo they realized a tattoo was not the will of God. And it was for those "good and faithful servants" of the Lord Jesus Christ that this was written for.

His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Matthew 25:23

Friend, God loves you and desires more than anything you love and obey Him. He desires first of all obedience unto salvation by receiving the Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:12). And after salvation, His will for you is to serve and love Him with all you heart, body, mind and soul.

You won’t regret it!

It’ll be worth it one day!

If you are truly a Christian and still have doubts about whether the tattoo is the perfect will of God, go back through this article with an open Bible and an open hear. Prayerfully, look up the verses. And before you start, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to "guide you into all truth" (John 16:13).

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:17-18

Terry Watkins

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

How would you know what types of people are operating tattoo businesses? Hum?

Had a bud in the Navy get "40 knots no smoke" put on the right cheek of his but and still others missions.

But the most common was the girl back home.

Me I was going to have my forehead done with a symbol of Christ but settled for a hand.

In my young age I figured the Beast couldn't mark me if I was already marked,lol.

Your not going to hell if you have a tattoo and if your thinking about getting one please don,t.

When you get wiser you will wished you didn't.
AND
Its not becoming a Child of God whose true marking is the fruit of the Spirit who sealed our soul until the day of redemption.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

One must also remember that,
People have also been forcibly tattooed. A well-known example is the identification system for inmates in Nazi concentration camps during the Holocaust. Tattoos have also been used for identification in other ways.

For example, during the Roman Empire, Roman soldiers were required by law to have indentifying tattoos on their hands in order to make it difficult to hide if they deserted. Gladiators and slaves were likewise tattooed, exported slaves were tattooed with the words "tax paid" and it was a common practice to tattoo "Stop me, I'm a runaway" on their foreheads.

Emperor Constantine I banned tattooing the face around AD 330 and the Second Council of Nicaea banned all body markings as a pagan practice in AD 787.[8] The Latin word for "tattoo" was "stigma", hence our word "stigmatise".

In the period of early contact between the Māori and Europeans, Māori chiefs sometimes drew their moko (facial tattoo) on documents in place of a signature. Tattoos are sometimes used by forensic pathologists to help them identify burned, putrefied, or mutilated bodies. Tattoo pigment is buried deep enough in the skin that even severe burns are not likely to destroy a tattoo.

For many centuries seafarers have undergone tattooing for the purpose of enabling identification after drowning. In this way recovered bodies of such drowned persons could be connected with their family members or friends before burial. Therefore tattooists often worked in ports where potential customers were numerous. This traditional custom lives on in the modern era

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Tattoos are Marks of Satan!

I was recently reading a ridiculous article from the Christian Tattoo Association (Oh Brother!). The author of the article is a professional tattoo artist, and he strongly attempts to defend his demonic craft with the Word of God. Despite all his ranting and raving, tattoos are sinful. The Bible states in Leviticus 19:28, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." The anonymous author of the article claims that God only condemns tattoos which are placed upon the body to invoke the attention of pagan Gods. However, tattoos are without question, marks of Satan. There are several proofs of this fact.

First, what types of people are operating tattoo businesses? Do you know of any Christ-honoring, Bible-believing churches who are willing to tattoo you? No. Tattoo shops are operated by some of the creepiest, weird looking, worldly people on the planet. Go into any tattoo shop and you'll likely meet some bald-headed guy with tattoos all over his body, and earrings in both ears. You'll likely see nudity in some of the images. Only a fool would say that God approves of befriending the world, "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4). Most professed Christians today have the exact OPPOSITE attitude, saying that we need to become more like the world if we are to attract them to Christ. The Word of God condemns such apostate thinking. God commands us to SEPARATE from the sinful world (2nd Corinthians 6:14-17), and not to help them by befriending their wickedness. Tattoos are worldly as can be, and the businesses that sell them are demonic. The simple fact that tattoos are always obtained from heathen worldly sources proves that they are of the Devil. There is nothing "Christian" about tattoos!

When you get a tattoo, you are IDENTIFYING yourself with the lost world, because that's where tattoos originated!!! Tattoos didn't originate from the Bible; but from the heathen unsaved world.

Second, what type of people usually get tattoos? There is a common trend nowadays amongst worldly women to have a tattoo placed on their lower back, just above their buttocks, and also on their ankle. Tattoos are very common amongst prostitutes. Tattoos are very common amongst homosexuals. Tattoos are very common amongst witches and in the Goth crowd. Tattoos are very common amongst street gangs and punks. I don't know of any Christ-honoring Christians who have had tattoos placed on their body. I do know some Christians who have tattoos on their body from their sinful past, and they have told me that Satan had control of their life before they were saved; but I don't know of ANY Bible-believing Christians who've been tattooed while close to the Lord. Say what you will--tattoos have always been obtained from WORLDLY establishments.

Thirdly, not one Christian in the entire Bible ever received a tattoo. Not one! Jesus never wore a tattoo! None of the Apostles wore tattoos. How ridiculous and absurd to claim that God approves of tattoos, when Leviticus 19:18 clearly prohibits such demonic practices, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." Having lived in Chicago for most of my life, and having evangelized to the inner-city for over 20 years, I can assure you that tattoos are marks of Satan. Tattoos are common amongst criminals, street gangs, and prostitutes. As I've mentioned, I've never known a God-fearing Christian to go get a tattoo. The origin of the tattoo is paganism.

Fourthly, tattoos are popular today because of the rock-n-roll idols who wear them. As seen in the photo above from one of Ozzy Osbourne's band members, rock-n-roll music and tattoos are synonymous. You won't seen any popular heathens carrying God's Word; but most of them have tattoos!

To allow a tattoo to be imprinted on your body is to defile your flesh with a mark of Satan. Please consider this important thought ... If God wanted us to have marks on our body, He would have put them there. If God wanted people to smoke cigarettes, then He would have put a chimney on top of our head. Marks on the body have always been associated with sin and slavery. It's crazy! Satan would love to murder children; but people abort their own children voluntarily. Satan would love to destroy our health; but people smoke themselves into a wheelchair voluntarily. Satan would love to place his mark upon us; but people do it voluntarily. Satan inspires people to destroy themselves, and people are stupid enough to do it. Frankly, getting a tattoo is stupid. A lot of people don't like themselves, and getting a tattoo identifies them with the lowlifes of this world. In a strange way, it makes them feel accepted. Many people get tattoos to identify, relate, and find acceptance with the worldly crowd.

Fifthly, what types of images are tattooed on people. Many of the images are snakes, dragons, grim reapers, naked women, curse words, skulls, and other vile images. I realize that some people legitimately want a tattoo to remember the death of a loved one, and many of the images are not vulgar; however, the FACT remains that tattoos originated with the wicked. Our bodies belong to God, and we should not desecrate the sacredness of the body. The believer's body is holy, sanctified unto the Lord. We read in 2nd Corinthians 6:20, "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." If God approved of marks on the body, then He would have said so in the Bible. Since the Bible clearly states that it was a heathen practice in Leviticus 19:28 to get a tattoo, we would be sinful and foolish to think otherwise. The bottom line is that tattoos are far more POPULAR amongst SATAN'S CROWD!

Sixth, where are people getting tattoos? Many tattoos are nowadays being placed in the genital and private places on the body. There is a definite sexual connection with the tattoo industry. In addition, it is wickedness for a male tattoo artist (which most of them are) to look upon a female's naked body in order to paint a tattoo upon her. We are living in a sex-perverted generation, where fornication is so commonplace that many men and women have lost respect for their bodies. This is especially true of women. Such women are far more likely to commit further whoredom, get tattoos, and live in sexual sin. The fact that many people are getting tattoos in their private places speaks volumes concerning the nature of tattoos.

Seventh, tattoos are an unwise decision for health reasons. Here's some FACTS that the local tattoo shop WON'T dare tell you...

FDA Warnings for Healthy Consumers

The U.S. Food and Drug administration lists the following risk warnings concerning tattoos. [2]

Infection. Even with the use of a new needle, tattooing equipment is still difficult to sterilize. When equipment is not sterile is used, there is an increased the risk of transmitting bloodborne disease such as hepatitis or HIV. Because of these infection risks, the American Association of Blood Banks requires a one-year wait between getting a tattoo and donating blood.

Allergic reactions. Although allergic reactions to tattoo pigments are rare; however when they do occur, they may be particularly troublesome because the pigments can be hard to remove. Occasionally, people can develop an allergic reaction to tattoos they have had for years.

MRI complications. There have been reports of people with tattoos or permanent makeup who experienced swelling or burning in the affected areas when they underwent magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

Removal problems. The most common problem with tattoos is costumer dissatisfaction. Despite advances in laser technology, removing a tattoo is a painstaking process, usually involving several treatments and considerable expense. -SOURCE

I just underwent an MRI for herniated disks in my neck. I sure am glad I don't have any tattoos.

Conclusion

We are living in apostate times, when Satan is conditioning the masses to receive the coming antichrist. To no surprise--homosexuals are trying to justify their abominations with the Bible, witches are quoting the teachings of Jesus in an attempt to silence Christians, professed "Christians" are trying to justify Satan's rock music with the Bible, feminists are promoting godless "feminist theology," professed Christians are trying to use the Bible to justify tattoos, etc. It is disgraceful. Let us be diligent to expose the evils of tattoos. No Christian should ever receive a tattoo mark on the body, because tattoos are marks of Satan. Romans 8:5 states, "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." Tattoos are of the flesh, and of the Devil. The only people saying otherwise are the Devil's gang, the worldly crowd. As the church goes further into apostasy, so will the world continue to redefine God. It is NO coincidence that fornication, abortion, idolatry, covetousness, feminism, rock-n-roll, witchcraft, lesbianism, and tattoos have become popular in recent decades--this is because of the apostate condition of America's Christians. Most of America's preachers have stopped preaching hard against sin, and have gone the greedy way of Balaam. Rise up oh Christian!

By David J. Stewart

--------------------

PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible teaches that Jewish men had to have short hair. Only women and nazarites could have long hair.

Hes 44:20 Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.

Ex 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Ezekiel chapter 44 teaches that the old covenant priests had to have short hairs. Jewish were the Kingdom of a priest and the holy nation, and men didn't grow a long hair.

Bible teaches that in the era of the New Covenant men must have short hair. We can see this from the letter of the apostle Paul.

This is not legalism, but the grace of God!

Tit 2:
11 ¶ For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

The real grace of God teaches us to reject things that are not the will of God, and the real grace of God teaches us to live according to the will of God.

God has created woman for beautiful with long hair and man for handsome with short hair. I'm not going to argue on this. Everybody can believe how they want, but I want to believe like the Bible says.

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you getting your translation for the word "nature"?
I don't recall ever hearing of Jewish custom, tradition, and the Law translated as "nature".

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1Cor. 11:13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

By nature is meant that the Jews men cut their hair, and did not suffer it to grow long, yet there were many nations that did not, even at that time, observe such a rule or custom. The Bible clearly teaches that if a man has long hair, it is a shame unto him. In the original text verse 14 is not the question mark. Also the Bible teaches that a woman long hair is the glory to her. There was confusion with this matter, for this reason Paul wrote that if any man seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God. Paul meant that they can't contend against each other, and we have no such custom means that the church doesn't have a manner to be contentious. Paul didn't cancel his teaching about hairs of men and women as many try to claim.

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1Cor. 11:13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

v.13 - says judge in yourself, not judge everyone else.
v.14 - has always brought great questions to me.
What does nature teach? - the male lion with his great mane, leading the lion pride.
Male birds with vivid colors and longer plumage.
Male fish with longer fins and brighter colors.
v.16- Paul says "we" have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
So what does nature teach and whose custom is this?

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you a person who believes that God actually create your and my physical body 'in His image'? If so, Why then are we so different in appearance? Biological science shows us that there is no mystery as to how the human body comes about and it is readily apparent that it is not an act of God. How then can you or anyone say that God is so concerned about what is on the outside. Other than how it might relate to His plan. If you can tell me how the length of a man's hair or whether or not they have ink in their skin detracts from His plan I'm all ears.
What you point out sounds very much like a 'legalistic approach' to Bible understanding. Jesus used many examples to illustrate how this is the wrong approach.
You say that "We must Biblical tolerant, and we can't tolerate things that are not the will of God." Allow me to enlighten you on some of the Will of God. We understand and hopefully accept the knowledge that God transcends time and space and as such knows the future, in fact he knows all of what we call 'time'. That being the case I pose this question... If, knowing that Lucifer would do what he did and Adam and Eve would respond the way they did, WHY did God create Lucifer or place the tree in the garden to begin with? My answer and the only answer that I can see is that it is all part of God's plan. So to take that line a step further. What possible reason could God have to care about how long hair is or if someones skin is inked? These bodies that we wear now will not be the same as the ones we will occupy when we go home. These bodies are mere physical forms that our souls occupy for a very limited time and will be discarded for spiritual bodies that will last eternally.
As Jesus said,"When He ( the Holy Spirit) comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment...but when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth....". In my life the Bible is my reference book and the Holy Spirit is my guide that I may discern truth. I shall always trust His leadings.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

quote:
Originally posted by thefixer:
Who said that? Paul and Peter? How does the issue of hair length have any bearing on tattoos? The not wearing of long hair was a jewish custom at the time of the writings and was not widely held. I guess the best way I can repond to the issue of 'hair' is to ask why God would create us so that our hair would continue to grow if He was concerned about it's length.
Also, if you take Peter literally in you citation then clothing that someone might find 'flashy' would be wrong. It is all a mater as to the wearer's motive for wearing what they might chose to wear.
Again, I have to go back to my statement on tolerence. If someone does something, wears something, or says something that is designed to draw us away from Jesus that is wrong and should be corrected. Otherwise we should be as tolerant and loving toward them as Jesus is toward us.

We must Biblical tolerant, and we can't tolerate things that are not the will of God.

I showed to you that Bible has the point of view also to outward things. According to the Bible long hairs of men are a shame, which means long hair in a man is not the will of God.

Tolerance is fashion today, and by that men try to tolerate things that are not will of God.

Do you think that God like that He has given you a beautify skin and appearance, and you decorate it, because it is not enough what God has made, so you must beautify yourself by tattoos?

You don't have to agree with me. I'm sure that tattoos are not the will of God. However, we all must be responsible our own choices I don't force anyone to believe like I do, but I say how I believe, and others have the same right.

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who said that? Paul and Peter? How does the issue of hair length have any bearing on tattoos? The not wearing of long hair was a jewish custom at the time of the writings and was not widely held. I guess the best way I can repond to the issue of 'hair' is to ask why God would create us so that our hair would continue to grow if He was concerned about it's length.
Also, if you take Peter literally in you citation then clothing that someone might find 'flashy' would be wrong. It is all a mater as to the wearer's motive for wearing what they might chose to wear.
Again, I have to go back to my statement on tolerence. If someone does something, wears something, or says something that is designed to draw us away from Jesus that is wrong and should be corrected. Otherwise we should be as tolerant and loving toward them as Jesus is toward us.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

quote:
Originally posted by thefixer:

Jesus isn't concerned about our outward appearance, His ministry was aimed at our souls. If a person wishes to put coloring into his or her skin who are we to say it's wrong. If in your opinion having tattoos are wrong then I would suggest you not get one, but please do not be intolerant towards someone who has. It is so UN-Christ-like.
Find the Heart of Jesus.

1Co 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

God, through His chosen speakers in the Bible, laid out the Ten Commandments along with a multitude of rules people to live by. His rules are not ambiguous or hard to understand and I can't, for the life of me, find anywhere where it says not to tattoo yourselves. Jesus, in His teachings, refined those rules and never mentioned tattoos. You would think that since tattoos were so common during His ministry, He would have had something to say about it if He considered it important. I feel that it fits in with His teachings in Matthew 14:10-11. ' Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, "Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean', but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean'".(NIV)
Jesus isn't concerned about our outward appearance, His ministry was aimed at our souls. If a person wishes to put coloring into his or her skin who are we to say it's wrong. If in your opinion having tattoos are wrong then I would suggest you not get one, but please do not be intolerant towards someone who has. It is so UN-Christ-like.
Find the Heart of Jesus.

PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Tattooing also can be harmful, hazardous and dangerous. Allergy to tattoo colors is possible. Many substances used on tattooing are poisonous and is possible get some diseases, in which the worst is cancer. If the skin become inflamed on the area of tattooing, so it can lead blood- poisoning. Some researches have stated that tetragenic substances used on tattooing can cause forming of deformation. Some tattooing colors can contain mercury compounds, heavy metals, azo dyes and allergen products. Azo dyes is known to cause cancer.

Tattooing substances penetrate under the skin to the depth of one or two millimeter. The place where tattooing color remain is the dermis. It obvious and clear that tattooing colors penetrates inside of the body and can cause many kinds of problems. Remarkable is that poisonous substances of tattooing colors remains inside the body of a man as long as he lives. This makes tattooing very dangerous matter. Dangerous substances of tattooing can cause unpleasant disease after many years because the body is constantly dealing with the toxins, which are used in tattooing.

Experts say that bacteria and viruses can penetrate under the broken skin during tattooing. Although all instruments would be sterilized there is always a possibility that bacteria and viruses can make damage during tattooing. Tattooing can cause allergic reactions, diverse inflammation diseases and blood disease.

Removing of tattoos can be very problematic. Some say that by using modern technology tattooing colors are easy to remove from the skin, especially by UV light or laser. It is not so easy, because, for example, there are cases where removing by laser leave to the body dangerous tattooing colors. There have been cases, in which black tattooing color has gone into the lymph node by removing of laser.

Some tattooing substances are very dangerous as mercury, cadmium, lead, nickel, ferrocyanide, azo dyes, arsenic and many other substances. Many tattoo makers claim that they use safety substances, but it is obvious and clear that many tattoo substances are very dangerous and poisonous.

Believers and the tattoos

Many tattooing substances are very dangerous and poisonous, which make tattooing a health risk. The will of God is not that we voluntarily poison ourselves by the very poisonous substances that are used in tattooing.

If someone has taken a tattoo and believed that it is right, but later understood that it is not right and repented, so you can't accuse them. People cannot undo acts of the past and in many cases removing of a tattoo is impossible. When a believer understands that tattooing is wrong, so the case is closed, and we can't and have no rights to accuse him acts of the past, which he can't undo. In this case repentance and change of mind in the heart is enough. Usually repentance rectifies situations (change of the heart leads in practice reject sins and live in righteous life) and lead a believer away from sins. However, there are cases in which repentance can't change situations. For example, a murder and killing are cases about which repentance doesn't bring dead one back to life. It is same concerning tattooing, because most cases you can't remove a tattoo.

Everyone makes mistakes as a believer, and therefore, we should be gracious one another and forgive, because God also forgives us when we have repented our mistakes.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/f/tattoochristian.htm

My husband and son have tattoos. Husband was not a Christian when he got his, son was.
I don't think they are a sin.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Is the prohibition taking the tattoos valid in the New Covenant? I believe that it is valid and give you these verses.

2 Pe 1:
1 ¶ Simon Peter, a servant and legate of Jesus the Messiah,—to those who have obtained equally precious faith with us, through the righteousness of our lord and Redeemer, Jesus the Messiah;—
2 may grace and peace abound to you through the recognition of our lord Jesus the Messiah,
3 as the giver to us of all things that be of the power of god, unto life and the fear of god, through the recognition of him who hath called us unto his own glory and moral excellence:
4 wherein he hath given you very great and precious promises; that by them ye might become partakers of the nature of god, while ye flee from the corruptions of the lusts that are in the world.

The New Testament shows us that how we must serve and believe in God. God has given to us the Holy Spirit as the power and aid that we can understand what the Bible teaches.

If we could believe in God by taking the tattoo, in which is Bible verses or reads the Lord Jesus and so on, so this kind of command should be in the Bible. Tattooing was very common in the world where apostles lived. If the will of God would have been to make "Biblical" tattoos, so God would have said that you must make those kinds of tattoos. However, in the New Testament is not a command to make tattoos. For this reason, I don't believe that it is the will of God to take the tattoos.

The Bible teaches us that serving of God is not the outward issue, but inward. Believer testimony and faith must be the inward issue by the Holy Spirit accordance with the word of God. God said by the prophet Jeremiah that in the New Covenant, God puts His law to inwards parts and writes His law to the hearts of His people. Biblical faith must be written to inner man to his heart and not outwardly to his skin.

Ro 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The Bible doesn't teach serving God by the tattoos, so tattooing is against the will of God.

The whole article is here: http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/Bibleandtattoos.html

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement