Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » So many teachings. So many thoughts.

Author Topic: So many teachings. So many thoughts.
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In many Countries today, Christians put their lives in danger in order to meet with fellow believers to worship God. We are blessed that we can attend Church and face no danger.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then be blessed,

don't think happy happy joy joy with Christ.

Cause it aint going to be a happening.

You will have to lay your very life down.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chrispy0515
Advanced Member
Member # 8717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrispy0515         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
I hope I never have to go without a Church Home. I am so blessed by being in the House of God on Wednesdays and Sundays. When we moved to Washington it took 6 months of looking to find a Church Home but we were blessed by our Church family, in Washington State.

We moved back to Texas after three years and went back to our Church home. I have a 84 year old Pastor who preaches the truth of the Gospel.
betty

I am at the point where I feel just as blessed in my livingroom, my car, or walking down the street doing my own thing.

--------------------
Taking Things One Day At A Time.

Posts: 38 | From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope I never have to go without a Church Home. I am so blessed by being in the House of God on Wednesdays and Sundays. When we moved to Washington it took 6 months of looking to find a Church Home but we were blessed by our Church family, in Washington State.

We moved back to Texas after three years and went back to our Church home. I have a 84 year old Pastor who preaches the truth of the Gospel.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chrispy0515
Advanced Member
Member # 8717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrispy0515         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an ex-church goer(but life long believer)because of the last two churches I attended that crashed down in scandals, but at 45 years old I am very strong in the Lord and spirit filled so I am handling things just fine on my own for the time being.

--------------------
Taking Things One Day At A Time.

Posts: 38 | From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gtom64
Member # 8585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtom64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I'm sorry you misunderstand. The statement did not say every church "teaches' falsehood. But minor falshoods appear in many things. Many read only what they want to see in a message or circumstance rather than accept the reality of what is being shown. Everyone is guilty of that from time to time. It is in our nature. It has it's role to play in the great falling away.

My point is in your answer to my post.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I disagree. I do not believe every Church teaches falsehood. Sadly far too many do but even in this age there are still Churches that preaches and teaches the truth of the Bible.
betty

--------------------

gtom64
Member # 8585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtom64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much of what we were taught we carry with us. We sometimes believe the standard opinion we were weened on as to when, how, and what is about to happen.

I tell you the truth, every church has it's falsehoods within it for none are perfect. It has crept in to sow doubt for that time. The doubt will be stronger for those who can't accept any other way but their own. Regardless of any contradiction based in fact.

Truely the hardest thing to understand is that the LORD has made it so for a reason. There are so few who will accept the reason and but a handful who see the reason in it.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement