Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Does Your Salvation Walk Come From Bible Truths, or the Traditions of Man?

Author Topic: Does Your Salvation Walk Come From Bible Truths, or the Traditions of Man?
jschlue2
Member # 6645

Icon 16 posted      Profile for jschlue2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I believe true Christians will be spared the agony of the Tribulation by the rapture, I also believe, according to scripture, that the anti-christ's reign (the "Tribulation") lasts only 3 1/2 years. So, I don't know if that makes me pre-trib or mid-trib. [Smile]
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ezekiel 13:20
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deuteronomy 32:7 Remember the days of old,consider the years of many generations:ask thy father,and he will shew thee:thy elders,and they will tell thee.

It's a good idea to go back as far as you can and see where the pre-trib rapture came from.
It has gotten more sensationalised through the years.
$ensationalism $ell$ book$ and movie$.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome jschlue2! [Smile] You didn't actually say that you believe in a pre-trib rapture. I hope you do.

IS THE RAPTURE BEFORE OR AFTER THE SEVEN-YEAR TRIBULATION?

MacArthur
http://www.ondoctrine.com/2mac0185.htm

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome jschlue2.

You are not alone in believing in a pre-trib rapture. The owner of the board does too, so you are among a good crowd. As you can see Carol and I do and I believe WildB does too.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jschlue2:
Since when is the fact (or supposition) that a certain doctrine wasn't taught before a certain era proof that the doctrine is false?

Welcome to the board jschlue2.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ezekiel 13:20:
It appears that this whole post was copied from a pre-trib rapture text book. It proves that dispensationalism is a 19th century concept.

Really then who was Isaac Watts (17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)

Stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jschlue2
Member # 6645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jschlue2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when is the fact (or supposition) that a certain doctrine wasn't taught before a certain era proof that the doctrine is false?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unregistered

Gary Demar (President,American Vision)A majority of prophecy writers and speakers teach that the Church will be raptured before a future tribulation period. But did you know that prior to about 1830 no such doctrine existed? No one in all of Church history ever taught a pretribulation rapture.
Dave MacPherson does the work of a journalistic private investigator to uncover the truth.
The Rapture Plot is the never-before-told,true story of the plot---how plagiarism and subtle document changes created the "mother of all revisionisms". A fascinating piece of detective work.

I can copy many more reviews,by many others.
Men's opinions really don't matter much. What matters is getting to the bottom of the truth as to where a "new doctrine" came from.

unregistered

I am looking forward to His Appearing,it is the Blessed Hope of His Church. That will be at The Second Coming,not pre-trib rapture.
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Left Behind is a work of fiction. It's ridiculous to get so worked up about a novel. You've posted over and over about that book.

Get real.

The liberals are amillennial and couldn’t tell a rapture from a rupture. Pentecostal, charismatic, and emerging congregations are often dominionists, although for different reasons. Catholics and some conservative protestants are post-trib. Almost all have been tainted by replacement theology, and hardly any study prophecy. That leaves the evangelicals to continue to teach a Pretribulation Rapture. Paul very clearly taught a pre-trib rapture of the Church, and John revealed a 1000 year Kingdom to follow it.

Of the 5 crowns believers can win as rewards for the way they live, one will be given to those who long for His appearing. (2 Tim. 4:8) It has always fascinated me that it’s called the Crown of Righteousness. Most folks would think that one would go to those who led exemplary lives. Not so. Our righteousness is imputed to us by faith. Longing for His return is a sign of faith in His promise that He will. (John 14:1-3) I wonder how many of those they’ll be handing out.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unregistered

The pharse "Left Behind" sends fear into many hearts. It's noyhing but a fear tatic that sells books and movies.
There's nothing to fear,if you have on the Gospel Armour and not a flight suit!

I want to be "left behind" when it comes to satan's flood of Lies.

byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone, very very very much was he a preacher of the pre-trib, and I mean in a dogmatic way.

He has since changed his mind and realized that it was a belief based on fear rather than Biblical support.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1738 is not 19th Century
unregistered

It appears that this whole post was copied from a pre-trib rapture text book. It proves that dispensationalism is a 19th century concept.

Concept-meaning the pre-trib rapture theory was conceived during the 19th century.It is a theory,turned doctrine. Not sound doctine,but a theory.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The concept of the rapture, in connection with premillennialism, was expressed by the American Puritan father and son, Increase and Cotton Mather. They held to the idea that believers would be caught up in the air, followed by judgments on the earth and then the millennium. The term rapture was used by Philip Doddridge (1738) and John Gill (1748) in their New Testament commentaries, with the idea that believers would be caught up prior to judgment on the earth and Jesus' Second Coming. The concept of a pre-tribulation rapture was articulated by Baptist Morgan Edwards in an essay published in 1788 in Philadelphia.

Although not using the term rapture, the idea was more fully developed by Scottish minister, Edward Irving (1792–1834). In 1825 Irving directed his attention to the study of prophecy and eventually accepted the one-man Antichrist idea of James Henthorn Todd, Samuel Roffey Maitland, Robert Bellarmine, and Francisco Ribera, yet he went a step further. Irving began to teach the idea of a two-phase return of Christ, the first phase being a secret rapture prior to the rise of the Antichrist. According to Irving, “There are three gatherings: – First, of the first-fruits of the harvest, the wise virgins who follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth; next, the abundant harvest gathered afterwards by God; and lastly, the assembling of the wicked for punishment.” (Where Irving got this idea is a matter of much dispute.)

Dr. Samuel Prideaux Tregelles, a respected theologian and biblical scholar, who lived during the rapid growth in popularity of the "secret rapture" teaching, wrote a pamphlet which traces the concept of rapture through John N. Darby back to Edward Irving.

John Nelson Darby, considered the father of dispensationalism, first proposed the pre-tribulation rapture in 1827. This view was accepted among many other Plymouth Brethren in England. Darby and other prominent Brethren were part of the Brethren Movement which impacted American Christianity, primarily through their writings. Influences included the Bible Conference Movement, starting in 1878 with the Niagara Bible Conference. These conferences, which were initially inclusive of historicist and futurist premillennialism, led to an increasing acceptance of futurist premillennial views and the pre-tribulation rapture especially among Presbyterian, Baptist and Congregational members. Popular books also contributed to acceptance of the pre-tribulation rapture, including William Eugene Blackstone's book Jesus is Coming published in 1878 and which sold more than 1.3 million copies, and the Scofield Reference Bible, published in 1909 and 1919 and revised in 1967.

The Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox churches, the Anglican Communion, as well as most Protestant Calvinist denominations have no tradition of a preliminary return of Christ and reject the doctrine, in part because they cannot find any reference to it among any of the early Church fathers and find its biblical foundation weak, and because of their rejection of the 19th-century concept of dispensationalism. Some also reject it because they interpret prophetic scriptures in either an amillennial or postmillennial fashion.

Proponents of a preliminary rapture believe the doctrine of amillennialism originated with Alexandrian scholars such as Clement and Origen and was later brought wholly into Roman Catholic dogma by Augustine. Thus, the church until then held to premillennial views, which see an impending apocalypse from which the church will be rescued after being raptured by the Lord. This is even extrapolated by some to mean that the early church espoused pre-tribulationism.

Some Pre-Tribulation proponents maintain that the earliest known extra-Biblical reference to the "Pre-Tribulation" rapture is from a sermon attributed to the fourth-century Church Father Ephraem the Syrian, which says, "For all the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins." However, the interpretation of this writing, as supporting Pre-Tribulation rapture, is debated.

There exist at least one 18th century and two 19th century Pre-Tribulation references, in a book published in 1788, in the writings of a Catholic priest Emmanuel Lacunza in 1812, and by John Nelson Darby himself in 1827. However, both the book published in 1788 and the writings of Lacunza have opposing views regarding their interpretations.

The rise in belief in the "Pre-Tribulation" rapture is often wrongly attributed to a 15-year old Scottish-Irish girl named Margaret McDonald (a follower of Edward Irving), who in 1830 had a vision of the end times which describes a post-tribulation view of the Rapture that was first published in 1840. It was published again in 1861 but two important sentences demonstrating post-tribulation were removed to encourage confusion concerning the timing of the Rapture. The two removed sentences were, "This is the fiery trial which is to try us. - It will be for the purging and purifying of the real members of the body of Jesus" and "The trial of the Church is from Antichrist. It is by being filled with the Spirit that we shall be kept".

The popularization of the term is associated with the teaching of John Nelson Darby, prominent among the Plymouth Brethren, and the rise of premillennialism and dispensationalism in English-speaking churches at the end of the 19th century. In 1908, the doctrine of the rapture was further popularized by an evangelist named William Eugene Blackstone, whose book, Jesus is Coming, sold more than one million copies. The first known theological use of the word "rapture" in print occurs with the Scofield Reference Bible of 1909.

In 1957, John Walvoord, a theologian at Dallas Theological Seminary, authored a book, The Rapture Question, that gave theological support to the Pre-Tribulation rapture; this book eventually sold over 65,000 copies. In 1958, J. Dwight Pentecost authored another book supporting the Pre-Tribulation rapture, Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology, which sold 215,000 copies.

During the 1970s, the rapture became popular in wider circles, in part due to the books of Hal Lindsey, including The Late Great Planet Earth, which has reportedly sold between 15 million and 35 million copies, and by the movie A Thief in the Night, which based its title on the scriptural reference 1 Thessalonians 5:2. Lindsey proclaimed that the rapture was imminent, based on world conditions at the time. The Cold War and the European Economic Community figured prominently in his predictions of impending Armageddon. Other aspects of 1970s global politics were seen as having been predicted in the Bible. Lindsey suggested, for example, that the seven-headed beast with ten horns, cited in the Book of Revelation, was the European Economic Community, a forebear of the European Union, which at the time aspired to ten nations; it now has 27 member states.

In 1995, the doctrine of the Pre-Tribulation rapture was further popularized by Tim LaHaye's Left Behind book series, which sold tens of millions of copies and was made into several movies.

The doctrine of the rapture continues to be an important component in American fundamentalist Christian eschatology.

A list of some early Church leaders who believed that the church would be "caught up" one day. Hippolytus of Rome [170-236]; Ireaneus [170-202]; Cyprian [200-258]; Ephraem of Nisibus [306-373]; Francisco Ribera [1532-1591]; Isaac Watts [1674-1748]; John Nelson Darby [1800-1882].

The following New Testament verses support the teaching about the rapture.

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17 "15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

John 14:2–3 "2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Philippians 3:20-21 "20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: [21] Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1 Corinthians 15:49–55 "49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. [51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, [52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. [54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. [55] O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

2 Thessalonians 2:1-7 "1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, [2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. [5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? [6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. [7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Matthew 24:36-41 "36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. [37] But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, [39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [40] Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. [41] Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

(Matthew 24: 36-41 pertains to the second coming; not the Rapture.

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ:

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

unregistered

The rapture doctrine was never taught before 1830.

Who was Margaret MacDonald,Edward Irving,John Nelson Darby?
Where does the 1689 Baptist Confession say anything about a pre-trib rapture?
Where does the Creeds and Confessions of the early Church say anything about a pre-trib rapture?
IIThessalonians ch.2 says we shall not gather back to Christ untill after the anti-christ stands in Jerusalem saying he is God.
IThessalonians Ch.4 says that those who have fallen asleep will return with Christ.
New Doctrine is false doctrine,the rapture doctrine is less than 200 years old.

"The rapture doctrine is a false teaching that Jesus warned us to expect in the latter days"
Corrie Ten Boom
From "Rapture-Prophecy or Heresy" by H.Speed Wilson pg.74

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the tribulation, which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see at any time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins.

-Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627)

A list of some early Church leaders who believed that the church would be "caught up" one day. Hippolytus of Rome [170-236]; Ireaneus [170-202]; Cyprian [200-258]; Ephraem of Nisibus [306-373]; Francisco Ribera [1532-1591]; Isaac Watts [1674-1748]; John Nelson Darby [1800-1882].

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim did not invent the pre-trib rapture. It has been preached in Churches for at least 40 years, that I know of. I would not attend a Church that did not teach a pre-trib rapture.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unregistered

I pray that I can find a Church here in Va. So far all they do is beg money of preach the rapture doctrine.
The Second Coming will happen,pre-trib rapture won't.
I suppose being close to Lynchburg Va. most Churches have been influenced by The Fictional writings of Tim Lahaye. With all the money those Left Behind books made. I notice they have the Tim Lahaye Ice Skating Center,Tim Lahaye Student Center,Pre-trib rapture Study Center.
I suppose with his new book coming out Edge of Apocalyspe they will buliding some other monument to him. Then a movie will come out about his new book and more money will be made.
It seems these people never thought about investigating as to where the new doctrine of rapture came from.
Investigate the when,where,and who concerning the money making rapture doctrine!

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Pastor wants to preach until either rapture takes place or he passes away. He loves the Lord and is a great Preacher as well as a great Bible teacher.
Our Church is indeed blessed.
We lived in Washington State for three years and it took us 6 months to find a Church but we were blessed to find a good Bible preaching Pastor there and when we moved to another part of Washington we found a good Bible preaching Church there also.
I prayed for almost a year before we moved to Washington that God will help us find a Church home.
We had lived in Texas before we moved so we just came back to our Church home from before when we moved back to Texas.

My suggestion is to pray that God will guide you to a good Bible preaching Church.
betty

--------------------

byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is wonderful Betty, I cannot say that I have found that here (yet).
Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am so blessed to have an 85 year old Pastor who preaches the truth of the Gospel and a Church family who I love dearly. Our Pastor is white and we have two black Associate Pastors. Our Church is blessed with people who love each other and love God.
betty

--------------------

byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

We don't attend any church building, but do worship daily and pray that our walk is found appealing to those that are not believers.

We have been members of a church, and left with enough sheep bites to need a rabies shot.

However, I realize that not all church buildings are bad...and some do great things for the community. But I have found "my" walk is better without attending a building each appointed service time.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

She sounds like a nice lady. I hope she comes back.
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda is "helpforhomeschoolers",
and I miss her.

Yeshua/Jesus is my sabbath,
Saturday is the Jewish sabbath and my day of rest.
The travel, teaching, singing and other ministry that take place for me on Sunday is not restful.
I worship YHWA every day,
Saturday is my rest day.
If I worship HIM one day more so than the other six, then I do not belong to him.
Of regular services that I attend, the most restful, most enlightening, and most Spirit involved is a Bible study on Thursday at about sundown, (Jewish Friday)

I do understand what becauseHElives is saying about man's traditions.
Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Think about what that verse really says;
Jesus is the WORD,
the WORD is GOD,
Jesus came as man, in flesh,
the WORD as flesh, blood flowing through HIS veins,
Exactly what all becomes of none effect for you through your traditions?

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Carol,

Linda was on this board for many years. She went by homeschoolmom or homeschoolmother. She is fine lady.
betty

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty!

(Who is Linda?)

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

off to Church to worship my Lord and Savior. Have a blessed day.
betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Act 20:7 And upon the first [day] of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Attending Church on Sunday is not relying on Church traditions to save you. Yes there are people who think they are saved because they were baptized as a baby or because they grew up in Church each person's salvation is a personal relationship with Christ. God has no grand children, only children. Your mom and dad cannot get you saved

Phl 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
..........only God can saved.

Legalism does not save people, either. You can attend Church on Saturday and not celebrate Christmas and still be unsaved. The Jehovah Witness does this and they are a cult.
It is not the day of the week you attend Church that saves you but the condition of your heart and your relationship with Jesus that determines your soul's condition.
As Linda said on this board many times, Jesus is our Sabbath and we can worship Him every day.

But yes your topic that Church Traditions cannot save you is true, any more then if I sleep out in the garage, me becoming a car. Sadly there are many who attend Church who are going to hell.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Garden of Eden, the devil provided a Lie in place of the Truth, in the very beginning. Genesis 2:16-17, "And Yahweh Elohim commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat; But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Now comes the devil's lie. Genesis 3:4-5, "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die; For Elohim doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as Elohim, knowing good and evil."

Notice how the devil's lies continue through the traditions of man. Matthew 15:1-3, "Then came to Yahshua scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. But He answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of Yahweh by your tradition?" Matthew 15:4-6, "For Yahweh commanded, saying, Honor thy father and mother: and, he that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. But ye say, whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the Commandment of Yahweh of none effect by your tradition."

Many such like traditions of man are still going on in the lives of many, many [believers] who have been deceived into thinking they are living the bible way. The scriptures still proclaim the Truth, and have not been changed. But the desires of man to do things his own way, and not Yahweh's way, are still making the commandments of Yahweh of no effect, in many churches.

In Exodus 20:8-11 is another commandment that the traditions of man, have made of no effect in many churches. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of Yahweh thy Mighty One: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it." See Genesis 2:1-3.

Because of the traditions of man, Yahweh's commandment to keep the seventh day of the week a Sabbath of rest, has become of no effect by man's desire to do things his own way, by saying; the Saviour's resurrection was on Sunday the first day of the week so this is why we keep the first day of the week, and not the seventh day. Man has no authority to change any of Yahweh's Ten Commandment Law. Our Saviour kept all of the ten commandments, thus leaving us an example, that we should follow His steps. The seventh day, was the only day that Yahweh blessed, and hallowed.

Because of the traditions of man "Yahweh's" appointed Feasts, His Holy [separated] Days, are made of no effect in many churches. In Leviticus 23:1-43, these are the Feasts of Yahweh: Yahshua's Memorial Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of Weeks, Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles, and the Last Great Day. These Feasts Yahweh gave to all believers for blessings. But man didn't want Yahweh's appointed Feasts, and made up his own appointed feasts, called Holidays such as:

Christmas, Easter, New Years Day, Sunday-first day of the week Sabbath, Good Friday, Halloween, Saint Valentine's Day,etc.

Yahweh was also against Sodom and Gomorrah about having their own new moons, and feast days in Isaiah 1:14, "Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them."

The traditions of man have also made the true water baptism of no effect, by sprinkling the head with water, or pouring a cup of water on the head. The true baptism is being buried under water by Immersion. See Romans 6:3-5, Colossians 2:12, Matthew 3:16, Acts 8:38, John 3:23. Immersion is a symbol of being buried with Yahshua by baptism into death, even as Yahshua was raised from the dead, we shall also walk in newness of life.

In Exodus 20:7, "Thou shalt not take the name of Yahweh thy mighty one in vain; for Yahweh will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name to bring it to nought." Because of man's traditions they have made this commandment of no effect. They have made void the use of our Heavenly Father's one and only Name "Yahweh" in bible translations, by substituting the words LORD and GOD in capital letters, and in some scriptures the name Jehovah, in place of the true name "Yahweh". Cursing His name, and avoiding the use of His name, are two ways of taking His name in vain. Leviticus 26:14.

Likewise because of man's tradition of not using the Father's true name, they made void the use of our Saviour's true name, as John 5:43 states, "I am come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive." Originally Matthew 1:21 states, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name YAHSHUA: for He shall save His people from their sins." The meaning of Yahshua is Yahweh saviour. Isaiah 43:11, Hosea 13:4. ... This is how our saviour Yahshua came in His Father's name. Matthew 21:9, 23:39; Mark 11:9; and Luke 13:35; each one of these scriptures has in them, this saying, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of Yahweh."

Bible translators substituted the words L-RD and G-D in all capital letters, in place of the Heavenly Father's Name Yahweh, in over 6,823 places in the old testament of the bible. All truthful bible believers should read "Yahweh" wherever he or she sees L-RD or G-D in capital letters. Also the heavenly Father's name was omitted from the new testament over 1,290 times. Restoration of the Name, Yahweh, is necessary (Micah 4:5).

Yes, man's traditions have made the Word of Yahweh of no effect in many bible subjects. In Leviticus 11:1-47, Yahweh gave man this human manual to show us what is clean to eat and what is not clean to eat. Yahweh created man, and who would know better than He, what would keep our bodies healthy, or unhealthy. This manual has been made of no effect to many bible believers because of a misunderstanding of certain new testament scriptures, and the desires of man's lust of the flesh of eating things that taste good, whether they are fit for food or not. In Leviticus 11:45, Yahweh said, "You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy." The unclean animals, birds, fish and creeping things, were not made clean through the death of our Saviour, they were created unclean to do a certain job in the earth, just as the unclean buzzards were created to clean up dead carcasses. The clean animals, birds, fish and creeping things are for human consumption and were also used for sacrifices.

These traditions of man are causing many, many souls to live in unbelief. Study from the bible for yourself whether these things be so or not, and you too will find the truth will set you free from false teachings. …

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement