Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Attention all.

Author Topic: Attention all.
Robert E. Barger
Advanced Member
Member # 7998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert E. Barger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is coming for a church that is without sin. If there was a rapture today, we would not miss them!

--------------------
Romans|11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Posts: 38 | From: Trafalgar, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ThanX all for your time. You have greatly helped me in this matter,

Yours in Christ,
Bill

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Carol for your reply to my query.

I will need to print this out and do some studying when I can get some quiet time.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well presented, Carol! Thank you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi byfaith,

Welcome to the Christian BBS [wave3]

There are tons of information. Here's something to start with:

FALSE VIEWS OF THE RAPTURE

1. That the rapture is the same as the Second Coming of Christ. False. At the rapture Jesus comes for his church in the air, while at the Second Coming he comes with his people to the earth. See Jude 14, 15; Revelation 19:11-16.

2. That the rapture will include only some Christians, and that most Christians will be left behind to endure the tribulation. This theory is refuted by one little word in 1 Corinthians 15:51, where Paul says that “we shall all be changed.” This false view is often called the “partial rapture” theory.

3. That the rapture will not occur until the middle of the tribulation, thus forcing the entire church to go through the first three and a half years of God’s wrath. This theory is called mid-tribulationism, and is refuted by Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:9, where he says, “For God hath not appointed us to wrath.…”

4. That the rapture will not occur until the end of the tribulation. This is known as post-tribulationism, and is refuted by 1 Thessalonians 5:9 and Revelation 3:10.

The New Testament pictures the Church as the body and bride of Christ. If the mid-tribulation or post-tribulation view were correct, then a part of this body would suffer amputation, and a section of the bride would be left behind. In addition to this, one would be forced to conclude that all bodies of carnal departed Christians would likewise be left in the grave. This simply is not the clear teaching of the Word of God.

The Bible teaches that the rapture is pre-tribulational in nature and includes all believers . See Romans 5:9 and 1 Thessalonians 1:10. Perhaps the strongest proof of this statement is the fact that up to chapter 6 of Revelation the church is mentioned many times, but from chapter 6 to chapter 19 (the period of the tribulation) there is no mention whatsoever of the church on earth. In fact, the only godly group which Satan can find to persecute is the nation Israel! See Revelation chapter 12.

In Revelation 4:1 John declares, “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither.…“We are told that Christians are God’s ambassadors on earth (2 Cor. 5:20) and that he will someday declare war on this earth. The first thing a king or president does after he declares war on another country is to call his ambassadors home! Thus we conclude that the church will escape the tribulation.

(Willmington's)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 17 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
The Church does not need to prepare for the Second Coming. The Church will go up in the rapture. Tribulation Saints will be too busy spreading the Gospel and trying to stay alive, to really prepare for the Second Coming.
betty

I hope this is the case, I really do. However I have heard opposing arguments that would suggest the opposite. Is there a particular study that you suggest regarding this topic?
Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I look at what was being said, and much of it is sensible scripturally speaking(for if it disharmonizes with scripture or contradicts scripture, then that is a red alarm)

There is something that I find interesting, that to me is a bit off.

1)In paragraph 17

He said "The timing of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is contingent upon when man, with man's free-will, will reach for the nuclear control device that would destroy all of mankind; and no one, other than God the Father, can accurately predict when man, with man's free-will, will reach for that nuclear control device. God the Father knows, because God is omniscient. (God knows all things.)"

but this seems to contradict scripture in revelation

as it is written (Revelation 19:19) And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

According to scripture, the armies are specifically gathered together to make war against Jesus, and not against each other. Thus, this would make that quote in paragraph 17 false with no scriptural basis.

I just find it very important to try the words of man by the word of God.

This is false teaching right here

he said near bottom of page "When YOU become "Born Again" of the Holy Spirit of Life, YOU will be able to live without committing ANY sin"

We are not sinless in this life, even when we are born again. How do we know this, because the bible speaks of sanctification, but never speaks of becoming perfect in this life time. No Christian on this side eternity is perfect, that is to say sinless.

as it is written (1Jn 2:1) "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

The book of John heavily conveys this point; there WILL be evidence of one being born again that WILL be manifest. One's fruitfulness(good or bad) can show whether they are born again or not.

Truly, the man that looks at himself as sinless, not sinning at all anymore is blind in sense, overtaken with the self-righteous mentality.

Another thing to address, there was absolutely no mention from what I red about the asteroid that is going to hit the earth.

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

When this hits, majority of the world will be destroyed. But on a note about this, the asteroid must not hit in any location (for scriptural reason) in any location that would destroy Jerusalem.

This is just a little something about america. In all honesty, our economy is going to belly up really really soon.

I believe in all honest, we like many of our brethren in Egypt, Orissa, Africa, China ... etc, will soon be facing heavy persecution due to the world greatly accelerating toward the new world order. This is going to start before 2012.

I believe we WILL face persecution in the states before the great tribulation ever happens.

One last note(I speak to myself included): We as Christians should be looking toward that day of the Lord, in a sense preparing for that day, in this sense; acting accordingly in our conduct and seeking our God.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

again, Jesus' words

Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Church does not need to prepare for the Second Coming. The Church will go up in the rapture. Tribulation Saints will be too busy spreading the Gospel and trying to stay alive, to really prepare for the Second Coming.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent had time to go thru all this but what do you think?

http://www.cynet.com/Jesus/

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement