Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » True Vine, True Fruit; False Vine, False Fruit

Author Topic: True Vine, True Fruit; False Vine, False Fruit
Robert E. Barger
Advanced Member
Member # 7998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert E. Barger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Jesus say that these signs shall follow them that "believe?" Mark 16,
1 Corinthians chapter 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Whole book of Acts
2 Corinthians 4:1-18
2 Corinthians 6:1-10
2 Corinthians 10:1-6
Galatians 3:14
Ephesians 2:1-22
Ephesians 3:1-21
Ephesians 4:1-32
Epherians 5:1-33
Ephesians 6:10-21
Philippians 2:1-11 (Authorized King James Bible)

--------------------
Romans|11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Posts: 38 | From: Trafalgar, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he accepts worship, then he is not only false but an antichrist.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew a woman once who went to one of these man's "healings."

She said he pointed to her section and like everyone from a certain row and back fell over, but her small group reamined seated...

I just can't help but beleive this man is false.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just get a feeling from him.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Vine, True Fruit; False Vine, False Fruit

There is one true Vine, that is Jesus Christ. Those attached to this Vine, who have a connected relationship to the Vine through obedience, will be branches that bear true fruit. Fruit here is talking about the fruit of the Spirit and fruit of the Gospel. Those who love the Lord and demonstrate that love by obeying His commands will exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in abundance in their lives, and will bear the fruit of multiplying the Kingdom of God through preaching the Gospel. God is the only One who can save, but we are to roll away the stone and unbind anyone God raises from the dead (John 11:39-44). That means we are to preach the Gospel and prepare the hearts of people to believe in Christ. But Jesus is the only One who can save a person, cause them to be born again. When a person is born again we must continue to help him to grow, deal with the habitual sins in his life that cling to him like death garments, and teach him the truth so he can grow to maturity in Christ.

There are other trees, other fruit.

Luke 3:9 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

Watching Benny Hinn on TV the other day reminded me of false vines. Hinn just went to India again and claimed seven million people came to his crusade. This estimate was exaggerated, as are all his claims, as the attendance was more in the order of one and a half million. But the people in India who follow Hinn clearly worship him, and they are clearly encouraged by Benny to do so. Hinn stands there in his white outfit, always the center of attention. He drums into his followers minds that he is the "anointed" individual who can dispense the Holy Spirit to them, bring healing, bring spiritual growth. Clearly Hinn has set himself up as another vine. Those who follow Hinn claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, but they are first and foremost followers of Hinn. All you have to do to find this out is say one negative thing about Benny to them. They will blast back that he is a "holy man of God" and we should not "touch" the Lord's anointed. R.W. Schambach called Hinn "the Anointed One of God" on the "This Is Your Day" program on TBN some time ago.

What we need to remember is that any fruit from a false vine is going to be false fruit. Those who follow Hinn are quick to point out that "he is doing so many good things". They like to mix their error with the truth. They cannot see that heresy and false prophesy do not produce ANY good works in the eyes of the Lord. Look at what Jesus Christ says on Judgment Day to those who claim to have done good works in His name:

Matt. 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

Notice they call Jesus Christ "Lord". Yet they have not obeyed Him. They are not attached to the Vine. God does not see their "good" works as good, but sees it ALL as "evil". Those who claim to follow the Lord yet teach heresy and make false prophesies are "evildoers" in the sight of the Lord, as they should be to any true believer who is connected to the True Vine. We don't just swallow the evil with the "good". We reject heresy (Titus 3:10) and get away from false prophets (Matt. 7:15, 2 Pet. 2:1).

Those attached to false vines such as false teachers and false prophets will not produce ANY good fruit. The only way to produce good fruit is to be attached to the True Vine. Those who follow heretics and false prophets are living in disobedience to the clear commands of the Lord Jesus Christ not to do so. To remain in the love of the Lord you must obey His commands. That is the biblical criteria. No excuses will do. You cannot serve two masters (Matt. 6:24). You cannot be attached to two vines at once. There are only three realities: (1) you are attached to the True Vine by living in obedience and remaining in the Vine, (2) you have never been attached to the True Vine or (3) you have attached yourself to a false vine.

False vines have this in common. They represent anything that sets itself up against the knowledge of the True Vine. This includes false teachings, false religions, cults, false prophets, and many other "vines". But true believers, attached to the True Vine in a love/obedience relationship, will demolish the ideas and beliefs associated with false vines.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Notice that true believers take captive their thoughts in obedience to Christ. They are careful about what they believe and accept. They stand on the eternal, living Word of God and demolish strongholds of false thought and false works.

Those attached to the True Vine take seriously the admonition to remain, to abide, in the True Vine through obedience, thus proving their love of the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 14:15 If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 14:24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/truevinetruefruit.html

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement