Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Joel Osteen blesses Houston's new (gay) mayor Annise Parker

Author Topic: Joel Osteen blesses Houston's new (gay) mayor Annise Parker
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7rWiHIO_Y
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited the Church a couple of times back when his dad was alive. His dad was not so seeker friendly, although his dad started out as UP and ended up non denominational. My daughter thinks his dad was compromising to get people but then she is UP.

I had a problem with Joel when I read in his book to picture something you wanted every day and God would give that to you. That does not seem Biblical to me.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JO is a very good car-salesman.

But really folks, who smiles that must these days?

Psalms, Chapter 56, 8: Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother Robert B.

i feel your right about servatude, if the Master served, are we expected to do any less?

Hegave us an example of washing feet.

We are to suffer ourselves to be defrauded, let the Lord take up our cause, and all vengance is HIS.

We need more servants, we have a multitude of Hierachy, and "leaders", many cheifs, not many servants.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother Thunder States:

quote:
As fishermen, it appears to be our job to catch them all, and let the angels sort them out!
So the homosexuals, muslems and illegal alliens, can be glad that I'm not sorting them.

LORD, help me to pray, led by your Holy Spirit,
I ask it in the NAME of Jesus.

i feel as iposted in another thread that Joel Ostean is a "wolf in sheeps clothing";
but i agree with your statements on the matter above, about prayer.

i see where your coming from (i think) on homosexuals, muslims, etc.

But an illegal alien could be saved, could he not; he may be a blood bought purchase of YHWH, living for the Master .

But is still in this country illegal, but a Brother or Sister.

Like stated a Muslim, can be also saved and a homosexual saved but neither will stay the same.

Under current laws and the lack of enforcemnt of those laws, an illegal alien can recieve the Holy Spirit and be "born again" and still be an illegal alien...The Master will work that out also somehow.

Just a note.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert E. Barger
Advanced Member
Member # 7998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert E. Barger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I myself had trouble with alot of big preachers who sway alot of peoples thinking then as God sent me to the scriptures for ""proof"" he gave me scriptures on the truth.
1) We are to have the mind of Christ,As I take on the mind of Christ, I am to believe that it is not robbery to be equal with God. I am not to make myself a reputation. I am to be a servant.
Philippians|2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Philippians|2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians|2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Philippians|2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
I am not to take money to preach-
2 Corinthians|11:7 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of
God freely?
2 Corinthians|11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.
2 Corinthians|11:9 And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren
which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.
2 Thessalonians|3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
2 Thessalonians|3:8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be
chargeable to any of you:
2 Thessalonians|3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
2 Thessalonians|3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
2 Thessalonians|3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
2 Thessalonians|3:12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
Ephesians|4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him
labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

We are not to build buildings but meet in out homes.
Romans|16:5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house.
1 Corinthians|16:19 The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.
Colossians|4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.
Colossians|4:15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.
Philemon|1:2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house:

These are but a few of the things that the Lord has showed me about them that has not followed God's direction in their life. These things are for the person hunting truth that they might be warned.

--------------------
Romans|11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Posts: 38 | From: Trafalgar, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've waited almost a month to replay on this one, maybe a little more.
I've tried to find something to tell me what exactly Jole prayed that day, but haven't found it.

I've waited about this one, and prayed, knowing in myself that homosexuals are one of three groups of people I really have a problem accepting.
Knowing that it is written that their practice is an abomination to YHWH.

Yet Jesus/Yeshua died for their sins, just as HE died of mine.
In myself, homosexuals, muslems and illegal alliens could all just be condemned and let GOD sort them out.
These three groups fire up my prejudice.

On to Joel;
I liked to listen to his dad, John;
I do not like Joel.
I think he is a fence straddler, man pleaser, dealing with half truth.
In this Houston case, I almost feel I'm defending someone I don't like.

"I exhort therefore, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and givings of thanks, be made for all men: for kings and all who are in high places; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

Are we to pray for government leaders?
Yes
Are mayors government leaders?
Yes
Are homosexuals among the "all people Jesus desires to be saved?
Yes

So I guess it gets back to what exactly did Joel say, and I can't find it.

If Joel asked that Houston be blessed and this mayor be guided in the leadership of the city,
then I would be in the wrong to oppose it.

If Joel prayed a blessing on the lifestyle of this mayor, then I join YHWH in opposing it.

So how do we pray for those in leadership,
I asked GOD several years ago =
LORD How do I pray, "bless Bill Clinton & deliver me from evil".
It is even harded now for me to pray for the president of the USA, because of the muslem connections and my prejudice toward muslems.
My personal opinion is that he has been turned over to a reprobate mind;
but it is written to pray for our leaders;
do you pray for the man or the position?

As to church leaders.
1 Chronicles 16:22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Psalms 105:15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Do I think Joel is a prophet of YHWH?
No, I do not.
Do I think Joel is anointed?
I answer a question with a verse and a question;
Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
>was/is satan anointed, was/is that anointing perverted?

Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

As fishermen, it appears to be our job to catch them all, and let the angels sort them out!
So the homosexuals, muslems and illegal alliens, can be glad that I'm not sorting them.

LORD, help me to pray, led by your Holy Spirit,
I ask it in the NAME of Jesus.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean123
Advanced Member
Member # 7855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we weeping?

Are we praying?

Are we fasting?

“Come quickly, Lord Jesus!” is the cry of my heart.

Let us pray that Joel get saved before it is to late.

bless you all...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't surprise me, It seems that ministers do not want to offend anyone to the extent of denying Jesus of the blessed Messiah. We cover our heads and our cross but yet some religions feel it is right to murder Christians and burn their churches down. We as believers are to kiss the floor of followers of other pursuasions and stand for the discrimination in the process toward us. We are indeed living in the end times. Right is considered wrong and wrong consider to be right. Just because a person claims faith in Jesus that does not guarentee that person truly is fully repented and on the narrow road. Many relgious people of the Christian persuasion declare faith but is truly obsorbed in fast money ,religious relics and pleasurisms. So now we know where this minister stands. He advocates sin that is contrary to the written word.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joel's representatives have said that he doesn't agree with homosexuality.

They said he views it as a sin and nothing more.

Thus, viewing the person like he would any other sinner.

But, he is a representative of Christianity and a well known and major one at that.

So, it appears as though he is giving his blessing on homosexuality...

He knows this, and his handelers are just trying to cover their but.

It's all sickness.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 16 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Joel Osteen has been given a strategy by God to just get them into the tent. Surely you don't believe that Osteen would preach that homosexuality is ok. Knowing that hompsexuality is a sin is Christianity 101. So you will get no argument from anyone here about that.

I've watched Osteen a few times and it does seem like a mixture of the feel good prosperity pep talk without sufficient reference to the Cross and so on. But I never got the sense that he does not believe in the redemption.

Hammering people with the Truth usually gets little results so perhaps the soft sell, that appears to be a watering down of the Gospel, is good in the sense that at least people begin to hear the Word and think about Eternity. Most of the world's people don't even go to church so it's a start to just darken the door of a church.

Let us not diminish the power of God's Holy Spirit to change the direction of preaching at His Will if there is so much as a iota of desire to listen on the part of Church leadership.

God bless, Botham

Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is easy to see he dose not know Jesus Christ but is a man pleaser.

The Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2010/01/joel-osteen-annise-parker-gay-rights-evangelical/1

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement