Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Stepping Back

Author Topic: Stepping Back
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To whom it may concern,

I don't know if anyone has particularly enjoyed my presence on this message board, but if there exists anyone that has, this post is for you.

My goal in joining this board has always been two fold;

1) Promote the real gospel, while encouraging true Christians to get out and do the same.

2) Promote biblical literacy and discernment.

With these two goals in mind, I would say that I am fairly satisfied the the Lord has given me ample opportunity to do both. However, I am not satisfied with response that I've received. Of late, it seems that the Bible has been more and more under attack, on this board, and my efforts to thwart this attack has yielded little fruit.

Often I spend hours responding to a single post, because I want to answer every question posed by the person I'm responding to. Their reply is usually very short and has little to do with the response that I labored so hard to offer them. This is a major problem for me, because if I'm not going to be heard, and the Bible is not going to be accepted as what it is (the word of God), then what am I doing here?

I have often considered just leaving the board. However, that doesn't seem like a viable option, because I would essentially be giving up on my two goals. Also, there are many people here that I have agreed with on a whole host of issues, and my participation on this board has led me to research why I believe what I believe on issues that I probably would not have thought about otherwise. Therefore, just leaving is not an option.

Thus, I have decided that there are plenty of good articles out there that have already been written that answer many of the heresies that are on this board. Rather than answer every little opposition to the biblical concept of Yahweh, I have decided to cut and paste links to these articles. This will not thwart cultists and heretics that seem to want to join this board for no other reason than to promote their false claims, but it will give true believers a place to go and find a Christian response to the blasphemy that exists on this board.

This will also free me up to do more for the Lord in my own personal life, and to not waste time debating with the hard hearted. In other words, I will still be here, and I will still contribute, but I will be taking on more of an observer role. You'll be seeing me around.

In Christ,
Billy.

--------------------
Test yourselves to be sure that you are in the faith.

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement