Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Jesus was our first animal liberator

Author Topic: Jesus was our first animal liberator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intresting read Kindgo

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

photo courtesy of Ezra HaLevi

On Sunday, April 6, Rosh Chodesh Nisan, (the first day of the month of Nisan), called by Torah, "the first of your months," (Exodus 12:2), at the conclusion of a full day of divrei Torah and explication on the practical considerations of performing the korban Pesach - Passover offering - in our day, the gathering of students and Jews desirous of being as ready as possible for the renewal of the korban Pesach came together one more time in a courtyard of the Old City of Jerusalem, to take part in what may best be described as a Passover offering rehearsal.
Led by Yehudah Glick, Director of the Temple Institute, and Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, the Institute's Founder, with the assistance of licensed experts in the practice of shechitah - Jewish ritual slaughter - the purpose of the event was two-fold: to perform a kosher shechita of the year-old lamb, while providing a detailed explanation to the students as to the intricacies and necessities of the kosher slaughter, which began with the inspection of the lamb for physical blemishes, the presence of which would render the lamb unqualified for kosher shechita, and concluding with the actual slaughter of the animal, in a precise and Biblically mandated fashion that ensures a quick and painless demise.

The second aspect of the instruction, and what made this lesson unique, was the in-depth explanation by Yehudah Glick of the aspects of the avodah - ritual service - that would accompany the shechita, if this were, in fact, a korban Pesach. To this end, two silver mizrakim - vessels designed to contain the blood of the lamb, (and created by the Temple Institute), were employed. In an actual Passover offering these vessels, once filled with the blood of the lamb, would be handed by one priest to the next, as the last in line would dash the blood against the Temple altar, as commanded in Torah.

Silver trumpets, also produced by the Temple Institute, were blown, in simulation of the actual Passover offering service, and the special Hallel (Psalms of praise) were sung, just as the Levites would have sung them in the courtyard of the Holy Temple, after the offering of each korban Pesach.

The entire teaching, which concluded with the dressing of the lamb, was conducted in a hushed and introspective atmosphere. Although it was but a demonstration of a korban Pesach, nevertheless, the awesome responsibility of taking the life of G-d's creature, as He has commanded us to do, filled us with contrition and humility. The fleeting nature of our physical life and the recognition of the Divine image in which we human beings are created, filled our hearts.

Against this, and in contrast to the sobriety of the lesson, were the events of the past few days, in which representatives of a local animal rights group twice brought the organizers of the symposium into court, in an attempt to prevent the Passover offering rehearsal from taking place. In an effort seemingly more geared toward publicity than protest, their attempt to turn the teaching into a gruesome spectacle failed utterly. Exposed only was their unfortunate ignorance of Torah, and we can only hope that they take stock of themselves and begin to learn the traditions of our people. But in successfully flouting the politically correct doctrine of the post-modern godless humanism they were attempting to foist not only upon us, but upon the entire Jewish nation, we did experience an inkling of what the Israelites must have felt when, while still in Egypt, they performed the original korban Pesach in full view of the horrified Egyptians, who worshipped as gods the very lambs that were being slaughtered.

http://www.templeinstitute.org/preparing_for_passover_offering.htm

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animal rights vs. Temple Rights

http://endtimemp3.gsradio.net:8080/endtime/media/mp3/PR070408.mp3

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this was rather interesting..

http://ergosum.wordpress.com/2006/08/20/384/

quote:
Great Ape “Rights”
Posted by Ergo on August 20, 2006

Ads by Google
Mahmud Hussein's Website
Educator,philanthropist humanitarian, environmentalist.
www.mahmudhussein.com

According to Philosophy Now News, the Great Ape Project, founded and led by the greatest Ape of all–Peter Singer, is pressurizing the Spanish Parliament to introduce “rights” to all Apes, Orangutans, Chimpanzees, Gorilla’s, Monkey’s–and whatever else you wish to include–in an effort to create a “community of equals.” Apparently, this community of “humans, chimpanzees and orangutans would all enjoy three fundamental rights, these being: right to life; right to freedom, and protection from torture.”

The bill is likely to be introduced in Spain after the parliamentary recess this summer. Of course, environmentalists are all cheering for this bill.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Roman Catholic Church denounces the proposed law on the rationale that “we don’t give rights to some people…such as unborn children.” Therefore, if fetuses and clumps of human cells were to be granted human rights, then presumably, the Church would be fine with extending those “rights” to Orangutans and what have you.

I doubt that these people really even know what they’re talking about. There is so much that is wrong with this whole “animals rights” fiasco. If they were to be asked, “what exactly are rights?” they would be quick to say rights are “the right to life, to liberty, to property, etc.”

But that’s merely ennumerating the various rights we have; if they knew what “rights” essentially are, they would also realize that “rights” are such that cannot be granted or given to those that do not possess it in the first place!

So, say we grant these animals the right to “protection from torture.” Are we now going to arrest all other animals who break this law by inflicting “torture” on these protected group of animals whom we have just granted these rights? Or does this law only apply to humans, to restrict human activity so that animals can “enjoy” greater freedom and “rights”?

In one of my earlier posts on Animal Rights, I had pointed out that those who argue for the rights of animals in fact harbor a hatred for the rights of men. In all such cases, animals and clumps of cells are not gaining any rights, but humans are certainly losing their existing rights:

[A] culture that insists on applying the concept of rights to animals, a culture led by intellectually dishonest men like Peter Singer, are infact looking to rob those rights from humans. By declaring the rights of a volitional, conceptual being as invalid and less important than the so-called rights of a beast, they nullify the very basic values life and freedom and happiness that the fundamental rights are supposed to guarantee.
This does not reveal their love for animals but their disgusting hatred for humanity.

Objectivism correctly recognizes that there is only one fundamental right: the right to one’s life. All else are necessary derivatives or corollaries. Reality does not permit you to fabricate any new “right to protection from torture” or the “right to a living wage” or the “right to employment and healthcare.”

Rand defines the concept of rights as such:

Rights are conditions of existence required by man’s nature for his proper survival. There is only one fundamental right (all the others are its consequences or corollaries): a man’s right to his own life.

Men like Peter Singer are thoroughly evil not because they care about the lives of animals, but because they have disdain for human rights and human happiness; they are in the business of advocating ideas and a worldview, but have completely abdicated the responsibility to ensure that the ideas they promote–and the consequent actions that are generated–are consistent and compatible with man’s nature and requirements for living.

Also, one of my favorite saying when I 'feel' as though I have the right to this or that is;

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT! [roll on floor]

Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Yea for Noah

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well good! I like the way you ended your post. And we know what Jesus says about our enemies.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animal rights groups and animal liberation groups,
such as the Humain Society of the United Stated and PETA are so anit-christian,anti-Israel anti-Jesus and anti-Bible, that any link of these groups to Jesus or the Bible sickens me.

They are a religion to themselves that says animals are in all ways equal to humans.

If/when a temple is build in Israel/Jerusalem and animal sacrifice is started, these will lead a massive anti-Israel campaign to try to totally turn the United States and the whole world against Israel.

Pslams 139:17 ¶ How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

The HSUS, PETA and many other animal rights groups, I count as enemies.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that lady on YouTube is trying to change what the Bible tells us.

Are Animal Sacrifices Repulsive?

(Leviticus 1:2)

In a culture where we are accustomed to buying meat packaged in plastic wrap, the whole description of slaughtering animals seems repulsive and unbelievable. What was intended by such inordinate waste (for so it would seem) of such valuable animals that could otherwise have served Israel in so many other ways?

The whole idea of sacrifice is so foreign to our day that we tend to think of a sacrifice as a loss we have suffered or something we have deprived ourselves of. But that negative concept was not how the Israelites regarded a sacrifice. It was not a matter of giving up something for some greater good; it was, rather, a joyous dedication of something valuable to one’s Lord.

The word sacrifice comes from the Latin “to make something holy.” It also implied something brought near to the altar or presence of God. Nowhere does the Bible tell us how sacrifices originated; instead, we find Cain and Abel already offering sacrifices in Genesis 4.

But there was more to it. Animal sacrifices were used mainly in connection with the human problem of sin. So serious was the problem of sin that life itself was forfeited . To indicate this forfeiture, an animal was substituted for the person’s life. However, this animal’s life could never be compared to a person’s life; hence the act had to be repeated constantly, for sin was ever with Israel. But the impact of the sacrifice was enormous: the individual was declared forgiven and set free of the debt and the guilt that would have hung over his head from there on out had he or she not been delivered or ransomed by a substitute. Just as the blood symbolized the death of a life (Lev 17:11), so the life of the animal was given in exchange for the life of the sinner. Anything less than such a payment would devalue sin in the eyes of the people. What the worshiper offered to God, therefore, had to be the best, the most perfect of its kind, and it had to cost the presenter something. 3-1

Sacrifices are not as gross as our culture sometimes makes them out to be, since we are so far removed from the slaughter process by which our meat is made available for us. While we are shocked by the presence of blood and the scene of death, the Old Testament offerer concentrated on freedom from the debt of his or her sin and found new life in exchange for a forfeited life.

(Hard Sayings of the Bible)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand the point.Jesus liberated all animals from having to be sacrificed again.

He became the last sacrificial Lamb - our sacrificial lamb.

1 Cor. 5:7
Get rid of the old “yeast” by removing this wicked person from among you. Then you will be like a fresh batch of dough made without yeast, which is what you really are. Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SniGTvK_xgE#NQCUroq49mI

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement