Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Calling All Catholics!

Author Topic: Calling All Catholics!
CWO4GUNNER
Advanced Member
Member # 6971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWO4GUNNER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I know they have allot more traditions and teaching of men in their doctrine probubly more then can be listed on any post. Jesus warned his disciples including Peter to beware of this.

Then Jesus said to them, “Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.”
Matthew 16:6

Then at last they understood that he wasn’t speaking about the yeast in bread, but about the deceptive teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Matthew 16:12

The time is really short brother and even now many in the church are falling away into new false doctrine which all of our duty to point out and rebuke. Even on this forum most of my postings have been removed by those that use their power to support it. So as the scriptures say if they will not listen to you or accept the word of God, shake the dust from your feet and depart as judgment will be coming worse for this person, and God know who that person is who was too fearful of truth and light to contact me or acknowledge his intent before removing my post in darkness.

And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!” Mark 6:11

If this post remains, God Bless You brother and watch for false doctrine on this forum, its getting worse.

Posts: 54 | From: Bullhead City, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waynemlj
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi CWO4GUNNER,

I read your interesting Post about Catholics and their beliefs.

I agree with what you explained.
As one who has experienced that demomination for over 55 years, I can speak with certainty about its good and bad.

You're right about their core beliefs of God's revelation to man through His Word and the Incarnation and atoning death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ.

If the C.C. could just purify out of its teachings the worship of Mary, the "saints," praying for the dead, adhering to popes and churchmen to the exclusion of God's word on many issues, they could be a wonderful way to worship God.

You can add to the list of negatives the way they think that the priest has some power to "consecrate" the hosts to make them become the body and blood of Jesus Christ (when it already has been done by Jesus in that last Paschal Meal the night before he was betrayed by Judas).

Their belief in Purgatory is a blatant ignoring of the Truth of God's Word. There is no such place.

Men are resurrected to either eternal happiness with God in Heaven or to the eternal damnation in the sufferings of Hell.

Once we die, it's over! There is no point in praying for the dead then, is there?

Unfortunately, the mixture of truth and lies is a deadly combination to healthy faith in God's glorious plan for man.

waynemlj

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CWO4GUNNER
Advanced Member
Member # 6971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWO4GUNNER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What we have to remember is that catholics are part of Christendom and although as the Apostle Paul warned they containing allot of doctrinal aberrations and yeast in their doctrinal theology, they are all still men and women made in the image of God. I was also once a catholic but I got saved by reading the catholic new testament (identical) with only the Holy spirit to witness to me and open my eyes. Catholics are probably the easiest to bring to the concept of personal salvation because the the core of their doctrine is identical to our beliefs, i.e the trinity, deity of Christ, divine birth salvation through Christ by faith, Christ as God, exc, exc. Its all the other doctrinal and traditions and beliefs, primarily the fallacy of infallibility of the Pope being a man. And all the other traditions and doctrine that cloud the clarity of Gods simple message not supported in the bible and spoken against by Jesus in the new testament. But of all converts to mainstream Christianity, catholics make up the most and are the easiest to reach. In my personal experience winning them over is easiest by loving them through the Holy Spirit and invitation to the faith as opposed to telling them they are damned which is the Gods job. At least that was the case for my mother and two sisters, now saved. I also had to use the sword of Gods word allot in debating the truth convincingly and to convict but always lovingly. One thing that makes it easier is that even though they believe the things mentioned above without question, they don't know why and they don't read their Bibles so it is a great tool to introduce them to a living relationship with Christ.
Posts: 54 | From: Bullhead City, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CWO4GUNNER
Advanced Member
Member # 6971

What we have to remember is that catholics are part of Christendom and although as the Apostle Paul warned they containing allot of doctrinal aberrations and yeast in their doctrinal theology, they are all still men and women made in the image of God. I was also once a catholic but I got saved by reading the catholic new testament (identical) with only the Holy spirit to witness to me and open my eyes. Catholics are probably the easiest to bring to the concept of personal salvation because the the core of their doctrine is identical to our beliefs, i.e the trinity, deity of Christ, divine birth salvation through Christ by faith, Christ as God, exc, exc. Its all the other doctrinal and traditions and beliefs, primarily the infallibility of the Pope doctrine that cloud the clarity of Gods simple message for them. But of all converts to mainstream Christianity, catholics make up the most. In my personal experience winning them over is easiest by invitation to our churches as opposed to telling them they are dammed which is the Gods job.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your first clue about the CC might have been, *call no man on earth father.*
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waynemlj
unregistered

Hi Lonlesol,

That's an interesting post you made. What that priest told you about your infant son is a terrible lie, and, if you talked to different priests, you would get different answers.

I sometimes wonder if they bury their heads in church literature (dogmas) and pay very little real attention to the study of the Bible, especially if what the Bible says contradicts what their church teachings say.

You are absolutely Scriptural about the teaching of baptism. The Bible clearly states that first we are given a new heart of flesh and the gift of faith; then, we repent because we are convicted that we are lost sinners.

THEN we publicly profess our salvation by being baptized.

To reverse the process is to ignore God's Holy Word.

We agree on that truth, for sure.

waynemlj

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you believe that I was told by a Catholic priest that my 20 day old son would go to hell if he hadn't been baptized or received the last sacrements before he passed away!...Yeap!...I have been told that very lie!...I was soooo mad at God for years because of something that a Catholic priest had told me at the time!...

Baptizing a baby makes no sense since a baby can't even understand right from wrong!...People have to first understand that and then get baptized...it isn't up to the parents to make the choice for their children...they need to make up their own mind...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God!...Another one has seen the Truth!... [clap2] [hyper] [wiggle7]
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waynemlj
unregistered

Let me begin by telling you that I have spent more than 55 years in the Catholic Church denomination. I know it from the inside out. I was baptized a Catholic, attended a Catholic grade school, where I was taught by nuns.

Later, I went to a Catholic high school, taught by Basilian Priests.

After that, I attended a Catholic University, where I was again taught by mostly Catholic clergy.

I sang in choirs, later directed choirs, still later, became a cantor leading the Mass, as both moderator and leader of the singing of the congregation.

When I was born again at age 32, I began to read the Bible regularly . . . as well as every good spiritual author I could get my hands on . . . C.S. Lewis, St. Augustine, etc.

That's when I began to question the teachings of the popes and churchmen of the past who, I realized, had added their own personal beliefs to the Truths that the Catholic Church teaches.

Do you know what happens when you blend God's truth with man's fancies (that are different from God's Word)?

You get the most dangerous form of lie possible!

Jesus Christ is the head of His Church -- not human popes.

When Catholics pray the rosary, they are detracting from the glory and honor that belongs to Jesus by focusing on Mary. It's a very subtle thing, but very wrong nevertheless.

Add to that the C.C.'s teachng that Mary was, herself, conceived without sin, and you have another lie that displaces the Truth of God's Word from your mind. Romans 3:23,"for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God."

Are you going to believe God's Holy and Inerrant Word or the teaching of the Priest about Mary?
Your choice is important to your faith!

Now, let's look at the Mass. The priest "consecrates' the bread (wafer) and THEN it becomes the body of Christ. And the same with the wine which THEN becomes the blood of Christ . . . so the C.C. teaches. NOT TRUE AT ALL!

Jesus already instituted The Lord's Supper on the night before he was betrayed by Judas (Luke 22:19-20), "And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, 'This is my body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.' And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, 'This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.' "

Do you see that Jesus already instituted His Supper and gave it to all of us who believe His Word.
The Catholic priest cannot redo what Jesus, Himself, has already completed.

It gets worse! The priest in every Mass asks the people, "Pray, my brothers and sisters, that "our" sacrifice might be acceptable to our Heavenly Father."

What? Acceptable? Our Heavenly Father made this Covenant with His Son before the foundation of the world.
It's Christ's Sacrifice . . . not "ours." We don't have to beg God to accept HIS OWN SACRIFICE! What a total twisting of Scripture is performed in this Catholic rite!

If you are aware of the Bible and God's revelation of His wonderful plan of Salvation for all who will believe, you have to, like me, be outraged at how the C.C. takes the glory away from what God has done and gives it to their priests.

Then, the priest prays for the dead and, sometimes, mentions specific names of those who have just died. There is no such thing commanded by God in the entire Bible!

Think!
How can our prayers help those who are already judged by Jesus Christ at the moment of their death as deserving Heaven or Hell?
It's over after we die! It's too late to change the final reward or damnation of that soul!

Ask yourself -- ask your priest -- what's going on here?

There are so many other false teachings that I could list, but I will end here.

One final point . . . in the midst of all the erroneous teachings, the Catholic Church does have, at its core, the belief in the Trinity, Jesus as Virgin-Born Savior, who is the sin-bearer for all of us who believe in Him.

What a shame that the added traditions of men cause so many Catholics to have weak faith in what should be a mighty church for the Glory of God!

waynemlj

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement