Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Is AntiChrist really Anti?

Author Topic: Is AntiChrist really Anti?
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always considered that the anti wasn't necessarily against Christ in as much as being the opposite of, as with charitable and greedy. King Solomon was the most greedy and Jesus Christ the most giving. As for the religions of the world, all are blasphemous to even assume that they would be the true representative of the Church. Christians aren't saved by the knowledge of King Solomon being tied the the number 666 (1st Kings 10:14, 2nd Chronicles 9:13), they are saved by the Good News being passed down from generation to generation of which the Christian religions deserve credit. The story has been getting distorted over the years and I believe that the acceptance and understanding that it may be dissappointing God and Jesus to revere King Solomon as wise will help bring about a revival of our desire to read the Bible again and again. It has been different every time for me.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwistina
Advanced Member
Member # 6618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kwistina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always interprted that word, anti-Christ (against, or to substitute) as being, essentially, against Christ and everything Christian, while initially manifesting himself as the Christ ("messiah" of the Jews, "the Christ"). So, he is both. Both claiming to be Christ (perhaps even "from his line"), and both truly against him (how can he not be, such blasphemy, as you have said before, is in direct opposition to our Lord!).

I must confess, concerning the rapture and the tribulation, I straddle the fence. I do not feel there is enough to be sure of much, just this: that when these events occur, we will know and be in awe of awesome things, of prophecy fulfilled, and take comfort that God is in control, has a plan, and will carry it out. We even have a good idea as to the basics behind that plan. For myself, though, I don't know whether the terms "rapture" and "tribulation period" will truly take place. It is not essential to salvation itself, and that, ultimately, keeps me from mourning my own inability to understand. I do not need to understand revelation to have his grace revealed to me.

Posts: 38 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moreover, i believe that this verse is explained by the Antichrist's blasphemous nature:

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Antichrist: in place of Christ

The name Antichrist also indicates substitution.

Antichrist opposes Jesus in order to supplant Him, to take His place as Christ. Although the English language does not often use the prefix "anti" to mean substitution, it is a common use of the preposition in the Greek language.

When Scripture says that Jesus died "for His people," one of the prepositions used is anti indicating that He died as a substitute for His people.

This is the secondary meaning of the preposition anti. Antichrist purposes to be "in the place of," or "a substitute for" Jesus the Christ.

II Thessalonians 2 points out how Antichrist comes as an impostor of the Christ from God, and how there is a striking outward similarity between Antichrist and Christ.

Will Jesus Christ be revealed some day? So will Antichrist (Vss 3,8).

Will Christ be in God's temple? Antichrist will sit there also (Vs 4).

Is Christ God? Antichrist will claim to be (Vs 4).

Did Christ support His claim to be God with signs and wonders? Antichrist, too, will perform signs and wonders (Vs 9).

Christ has a kingdom; so will Antichrist. Christ comes by the power of the Spirit; Antichrist will come by the power of a spirit, who is the devil himself.

Does it surprise anyone, then, that in the Middle Ages Antichrist was called the "ape of Christ"?

He comes in the place of Christ, making himself out to be Christ.

In every way mimicking Christ, Antichrist will propose to be Christ. Antichrist is Satan's counterpart to Christ.

Jesus was God's choice to establish His kingdom, redeem His people, renew creation; Antichrist is Satan's choice to establish his kingdom, gather in as many people as he can, and subject all to himself.

All of God's plan hinges on the works of Jesus, the Christ; all of Satan's plans hinge on the working and success of Antichrist.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting theory MH, I too do not believe in a pre-trib catching away or rapture if you will.

My personal opinon is that the "antichrist" is more of a "pseudo-christ". Working signs and wonders, decieving the world and as scripture says "if it were possible, even the elect.'

Its true the Muslims consider "Jesus" a prophet, born of a virgin, and they are looking for his return to tell the world that they were wrong about him and that they should wait for the return of Mohammed.

The catholics new catachesim refer to Muslims as their "Brothers/Sisiters" in the faith, BUT refer to Protestants as "erring Brothers/Sisters in the faith."

As far as genealogies are concerned, I do not know, but there is a book out, I have it and have not read all of it yet but its very interesting.

Its called "The anti-christ and a cup of tea"

The author believes thru his own research and like i said its very compelling, he believes that Prince Charles could be this anti-christ.

Even stranger than this, I heard a prophecy once from someone who had not read this book, and he said it would be one of Prince Charles sons.

Anyways, its still sepeculation but it makes for an interesting read.

But in any case, whether pre-trib, mid or post trib, we must be ready at any moment. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Antichrist really Anti? I was watching Perry Stone and guests sitting about the roundtable recently. All were discussing The Revelations. At one point Perry posed the question to the guest, “Do you think that the Antichrist will be Anti, or otherwise. The guest spoke for a moment to set up his answer, then addressed the question by saying that he believed the Antichrist would be Anti. Perry echoed his reply.

Although I value so much of what Perry says about types and shadows, among other things, I suspect otherwise. I have been listening to what others are saying about the tribulation, and seeing how it fits with what I already know. There is some very interesting stuff, much of it no doubt true. However, it is probably only fragments of the bigger picture.

I am surprised that no one is saying what I am about to, that I am aware. I got caught up in Revelations back in the 70’s when Hal Lindsey wrote his book about it. I took for gospel at the time, everything that he said in his book. Eventually however, I lost interest since it couldn’t be pinned down to when, where and what. Everyone was guessing, albeit excitedly. Also, some things began to be brought into question as one ‘prophet’ disagreed with another. So, all that I could draw from any discussion of it was that hindsight would be 20/20, as it always is when it comes to prophecy.

Lately though, I have pondered this more and more, wanting to know who is more right, if possible. This is pressing upon us more and more now.

Because of world events we seem to know more presently than we have to date, but some of it seems off color, unreliable still. I must tell you though, something came together in a dramatic way one evening as I was watching TV with this in mind. Three different unrelated programs, on three different channels that I watched one evening melded into one surrealistic possibility, giving me a shaking and quaking like i've never had in the light of what it meant. There is still a slow churning, a low rumbling, not far.

There are several things that are at play in concert, that will bring in a new age. The fact that Jesus is mentioned in the Quran as a prophet is significant. The Catholic Church and all that it consists of, including outstanding aspects of its history, is significant. Israel will have a role with the beast, and the church (not the real one) will go apostate, and 'ho with this mix of unlikely characters, and even worse ones. Where to start on this I am hard pressed to know.

I will start like this. I used to believe in the rapture. Now I don’t; and you know what? It doesn’t matter if there is one. If you are in the correct relationship with Him, if it comes, you will be ok. However, all of those who think that they are going to get aboard an instant ultra high speed escalator, have yet a few steps to go before they are yet ready for the G's. They are likely in denial according to the book of Revelation, lukewarm; and the focus shouldn’t be on this anyway, but on His Person, as in say, relationship. Then you'll know that you are safe. In reality though, many may eventually think that rapture already happened, and that they were left behind, for it will be so rugged. There are a few powerful scriptures to ponder concerning this. I’ll bring them up.

Here is a fact I want to include in opening: Perry, in his discussing this on that night, used Hebraic allegory to illustrate that the tribulation will be like a wine press, squeezing the goodness out of the grapes to make sweet wine. This is an Old Testament concept. There is no doubt about it in my mind.(He is coming for a Holy Church.) Believers, we the grapes will undergo the refinement that brings out the Sweetness of the Holy Spirit in our lives, to the Glory of God, during the Tribulation. Whether you believe that it will be a crop of new believers, or some who were left behind, (or actually those who didn’t go, because it didn’t come 2Pet3:4) I don’t know. I will leave it out there.

But let me say this. When people read this particular passage in Revelation, for whatever reason they can only think of a rapture. This is where it has its most basic beginning, in the concept that we will be spared by 'catching up'.

Rev 3:10 “Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.”

Why it is all that they consider, one does not begin to know. After all, Jesus said that He prayed the Father that:

John 17:15 “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.”

This seems sufficient to express that it is not His will to snatch them out from in front of the coming train. It suffices me. Moreover, the temptation that will try the world is not defined. I will submit that the temptation could be even something such as the possibility that they will discover life in test tube soup. This would be a boon for evolutionist, causing them to mock, trash, and walk all over the faith of believers (2Pet3:3). The same would change society in wholly dramatic ways. View this together in the light of the Global Warming so called crisis, and you will have a truly hot mess brewing (not that they are related).

In fact, I now believe that Global Warming as a crisis, is to be an excuse for a new world order, in the guise of protecting everybody from themselves. All the world will fall prey to it. Life as we know it will change as governments will line up with it. A new world recognized leader will emerge. It has now started. It is here! We are not waiting for it.

Fear, superstition and terrorism will usher in a new world conscientiousness, a new order. A new leader will gather momentum. Laws, controls and technology will be in place for the Mark of the Beast. These will not be implemented fully until after disaster strikes the earth. For when they say peace, then cometh sudden destruction. Such will be the destruction of an entire country, Babylon if you will, which I believe to be the U.S.A., perhaps together with Iraq. Thereafter the world, being in distress, will cope by giving power to the beast.

Here is where you laugh this off, or tremble. The new leader, I am to believe, will come from France. I just do. (That's not the funny part.)He will find a friend in the Vatican, in a false prophet. (Note that the last Pope elected was an oldie.) Remember that the world will not be sober, say, as it was when Babylon was around. They will be looking for someone to lead. The state of world affairs will be grim.

I think that the new leader will either be Jewish, and not know it, or perhaps not admit to it. The false prophet will teach him of his roots, and encourage him in the most blasphemous heresy if all time. He will discover that he is in the genealogy of Jesus, as per Divinci Code. If that seems remote, silly, consider how this passage has always stood out, and you and I didn’t know what to make of it:

1Ti 1:4 “Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. “

Yes! We are seeing it on TV, yet don’t know what it means. Divinci is open genealogy! Here is a fact about communism, or fascism; Tell a big enough lie, tell it over and over, and people will believe it!

Because of his special genealogy, others will be emboldened to follow suit making the same claim. Hence we have the passages:

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

For these will be the false Christs, claiming the blood line of Jesus (notice i did not say 'blood'. The counterfeit will take the bloodline). What about the miracles? I don’t know. Keep in mind that the sorcerers of Pharoh duplicated the miracles of Moses in his day. Also, i feel that genetics engineering will come to play in this.

You will understand that by his special character he will unite the Arabs and Jews. The Arabs, by their Koran will believe that they are seeing a prophet. The Jews, they will commit the abomination that God will hate the most. They will ride on this genealogy in denial of their savior, whom they crucified. It will lead to the worst calamity in history – Armageddon. Here is where it reads like a Raiders of the Lost Ark movie. The Anti Christ, thinking it will give him great power, and believing that the Ark of the Covenant is in Jerusalem, will converge there to claim it for his own. He will claim to be God.

Although they have a form of Christianity more so than say, Mormons, there is similarity in superstitious beliefs. Mormons will be quite comfortable, even giddy, in the environment that becomes prevalent. Perhaps other cults will see their day of visitation in this too. They will all have a heyday to themselves. The atmosphere will then be ripe for unbelievable blasphemy, wickedness and temptation, that will come to be. I have seen it in them. Consider also this. Imagine if the U.S.A has a Mormon president. How will our security be compromised? I have this preponderance that it could happen, and that he will be unguardedly friendly with the wrong people.

So, going back to the original question: Is he Anti, or is he so blasphemous in nature, because he is claiming to be Divinci Code certifiable as a descendant of Christ? Nothing could be more blasphemous to my mind, and i have tried to think what it could be that would make him so.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement