Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Rapture and Second Coming (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Rapture and Second Coming
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Favor Minded:
Daniel 12

1 "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise [a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."
5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. 6 One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, "How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?"

7 The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, "It will be for a time, times and half a time. [b] When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed."

8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, "My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?"

9 He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

Exactly, read what is says
Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rapture is our Blessed Hope. Each day we see we are closer and closer to the rapture. I long for it more and more, as a Bride longs for her Wedding Day.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen JackHowell!! The scriptures are very clear. [thumbsup2]

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackHowell
Advanced Member
Member # 6507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackHowell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 14 looks more like it is dealing with people who are being saved during the Tribulation and forfeiting their lives as a result, than it does in describing a mid-trib rapture. In fact, nothing in the context even hints at a mid-trib rapture. Revelation 4:1 is descriptive of the Church being raptured prior to the Tribulation, and it is interesting that the Church is pictured as being in heaven after Revelation chapter 4.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
Advanced Member
Member # 4661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Favor Minded   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel 12

1 "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise [a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."
5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. 6 One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, "How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?"

7 The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, "It will be for a time, times and half a time. [b] When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed."

8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, "My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?"

9 He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

--------------------
Matthew 24:36
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

Posts: 129 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could say the same thing. We are doing a one year study at our Church on the end times and the teacher taught that the pre-trib rapture is correct. This is the 4th study on the pre-trib that I have taken, by the way, at 4 different Churches with 4 different teachers.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I disagree, but then I believe in the pre-trib rapture.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Each day that goes by I am more and more praying for the rapture.
betty

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notice on JackHowell's webside it says -

"The bodies of the dead in Christ will be resurrected first, then we which are alive at that time will be caught up and taken to heaven to escape the wrath to come that is about to be unleashed upon planet earth. Following the Rapture, seven years of tribulation will come upon the earth as a result of the Antichrist taking over the world. (See Daniel 8:23-25; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; Revelation 6:1-17; 13:1-18; 17:1-18). "

God in his grace and mercy will lift the church away to escape the terrible unimaginable wrath on this earth. Also, much of the tribulation will be bringing about fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies made to the Jewish people, and Gentiles weren't part of that plan.

A strong clue that believers will be lifted away before the tribulation -

1 Thess. 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do

--------------------
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackHowell
Advanced Member
Member # 6507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackHowell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a page from my website on this subject:
http://howellministries.faithweb.com/secondcoming.html

Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

I believe very strongly in a pre-trib rapture. Since the scriptures are not always crystal clear, many have their doubts about it.

There are clues dotted throughout the whole Bible regarding the Rapture, tribulation and Jesus' Second Coming. We can see a summation of events in Revelation.

The Rapture -
Notice in the following scripture that we are being transported to heaven. In the Second Coming Jesus comes down to earth. We don't go to heaven at that point.

Rev. 4. 1,2 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

Tribulation
Further on Rev. 6 speaks about the anti -christ, which is during the tribulation.

Jesus' Second Coming
The first part of Rev. 19 speaks about the Bride, already in heaven, being prepared to return with Jesus for his Second Coming.

Rev. 19:5 And from the throne came a voice that said. "Praise our God, all his servants, from the least to the greatest, all who fear Him."

In Rev. 19:19-21 Then I saw the beast gathering the kings of the earth and their armies in order to fight against the one sitting on the horse and his army.(This shows that Jesus had returned to earth at this point.)
And the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who did mighty miracles on behalf of the beast--miracles that deceived all who had accepted the mark of the beast and who worshiped his statue. Both the beast and his false prophet were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. Their entire army was killed by the sharp sword that came out of the mouth of the one riding the white horse. And all the vultures of the sky gorged themselves on the dead bodies.

The Thousand Years
Rev. 20:1-3 Then I saw an angel come down from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit and a heavy chain in his hand. 2He seized the dragon--that old serpent, the Devil, Satan--and bound him in chains for a thousand years. 3The angel threw him into the bottomless pit, which he then shut and locked so Satan could not deceive the nations anymore until the thousand years were finished. Afterward he would be released again for a little while.

Later on Rev. 20 it refers to the final the final judgment and Rev. 21 talks about the new heaven and the new earth.

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the scripture provide any proof that the rapture and second coming of Christ are two separate events? Is this a false teaching? and if so where did it derive from?
Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement