Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » how important is the blood to you!

Author Topic: how important is the blood to you!
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
There is a difference in warning of Preachers who are not preaching the truth and throwing all Churches into the fire. I can't count how many times people have lumped all Churches into one box, and trashed them.

AMEN!! It is just too easy to form pre-conceived ideas. We should be extremely careful not to lump them all together. Are we wrongfully influencing and preventing souls from being saved?

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a difference in warning of Preachers who are not preaching the truth and throwing all Churches into the fire. I can't count how many times people have lumped all Churches into one box, and trashed them. I know many Churches in Texas and many in Washington State who still preach the truth of the Gospel. I have sat in these Churches and have heard the Gospel preached.
I do believe many were saved by hearing Billy Graham's preaching. It is sad that he is too concerened about PC.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=53;t=000279;p=1#000038

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHelives,

I do agree with you, I do remember the hippy and God is dead thing.
I understand the strictness of the Lord and of the Gospel. There is no compromise in the Word of God.
But it doesn't mean that passing out flyers or having a youth camp is not the work of the Holy Spirit.
Programs should not exist for the service, but they can be used for activities.
I know most Churches do no flow with the moving of the Holy Spirit.
Thats why it is so difficult to find a good one, like I did when I first got saved, 30 years ago.

None of the preachers were Charismatic like they are today, they were plain speaking people that taught the power of the Holy Spirit and love, walking as Christ walked, not just morally, but to do the works that he did and greater than these we shall do.
No big bands, no rock, no jumping and dancing, just praise and hymns.
So I do understand how the deeper life is and how it should be.
Still, the Lord uses these compromised avenues to work.

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that you were the one attacking. Attacking Churches that you have not even visited. Yes, we have bullentons but they do not have the Sunday morning step by step. All it has is a notice of what is coming during the week. Yes our Pastor has even gotten up and said I was going to preach on _ but God laid a new sermon on my heart. Does our Church have programs? Yes. Many in our community have gotten saved through the basketball and cheerleader camps that our Church have every summer.
God comes first and at every event at our Church, the Gospel is taught. The young people play basketball but at half time they hear a message every time about how to get saved and how to live a Christian life. There have been many whole families saved because their youth attended events at our Church.
Programs cannot take the place of the Gospel, but they can get people to the Church to hear the Gospel.
Too many people have washed their hands of the Churches, instead of praying for the Churches.
God has not given up on Churches and nor will I.
My Pastor is not PC and he preaches the truth of the Gospel. He cares about our community and reaches out to those in need.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, look at America today and tell me what you see?

The sin and filth of the nation reflects what the Church has become! (Reference to Church does not reflect The True Church)

Read what I said....

I did not say all...

I said 90%,

quote:
We need to be praying for those faithful Pastors
I do, faithfully everyday...

I also pray for those hirelings that Yahweh will get them saved or got them out of where they are at. (and the lost in the congregation)

Read Yeshua Words Betty few will be saved, few...

Many in that day will say Lord, Lord...

Do you remember Yeshua's Words....

Depart you workers of iniquity, I don't know you... (Study that word iniquity in the Greek text)

I pray fear will grip the hearts of all believers as it did in the early Church, when the glory of Yahweh was present.

Tell me Betty, does your Church have programs or does it have power.

When you go to Church do they pass out a bulletin at the door that tells you what going to happen before it happens?

Did you listen to the message I posted before you attacked me.

Hear my heart, America is in trouble, judgment is at the door. The hand writing is on the wall.

Do you think Yeshua is returning for a Church that is less than He started with?

If the rapture took place today, there would be so few disappear in America no one would hardly miss them.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

"But the pulpits of America in 90% of America are hirelings, they dare not preach the Truth if they knew it"

You know this because you have been to every Church in America? The reality is we have not been to every Church in America. We can easily become discouraged by the Mega-Churches and think that ALL Churches have gone PC, but there are still Churches all over the Country who still preach the truth of the Gospel. Instead of putting all Churches in a box and trashing them, why not pray for the Churches big and small all over the Country who still put the Gospel over PC.
We need to be praying for those faithful Pastors instead of trashing all Pastors.
If we spent more time on our knees, and less time gossiping about Churches we will be better off.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rogg please consider your statement.

How much leaven did Yeshua say would leaven the whole lump?

I am not saying Yahweh isn’t still at work in the Church, I’m not saying that at all.

But the pulpits of America in 90% of America are hirelings, they dare not preach the Truth if they knew it.

You might not be old enough to remember 40 years ago when the movement in America started “saying God is dead”. They weren’t referring to just any God; they were speaking about Yahweh/Yeshua/Holy Spirit. They knew He was dead because they had been to the Churches and seen His corpse.

Yahweh is making a final call in our day to the American Church.

I pray you hear His Voice…

http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID10827.wmv

--------------------

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
quote:
Rogg,

I believe 90% truth and 10% compromise is better than 0% truth and 100% lies.

This is as, as humanistic a thought is as possible.

Yahweh will only accept 100% of all you are.

I am not humanistic, and I am speaking in terms of those getting saved and what the Holy Spirit can use to draw people to the Father.
Very very few Churches, except some in small communities dotted throughout the world, preach 100% truth.
Yes it is true God is a God of no compromise, but the Holy Spirit will use a compromised church to seek out the lost.
Not everyone in a compromised church is going to hell, which is pretty much all of them.

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale,

Got the DVD today. Thank you very much. It is sad to see Billy Graham say such things.

Also I liked what the other preachers were saying, they are telling the truth.

Plow on, plow on...
David

[thumbsup2]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

yahsway, good observation, not off the point at all.

If Billy Graham had not become a friend of the world, he would have never gotten the prime air time of this world.

Only after he compromised with Roman Catholicism and the Masonic Lodges did he get where he is.

This world will never accept anyone that is preaching the Truth..

They killed the prophets before John the Baptist, they killed John the Baptist and they crucified Yeshua and Yeshua promised the disciples they would hate and kill them and the world did just that, killed them all except John the Revelator and they tried to kill him too, but he would not die, because Yahweh had other plans.

Then all the martyrs thru the ages even till our days.

The world hates this message because it is the Truth.

The first century Church turned the world upside down because of one reason and one reason only.

They loved not their live unto death.

They weren’t planning for the future; they thought and lived like Yeshua was returning in their lifetime.

Satan saw and counter acted through the Roman Catholic Church (by Constantine) by making “Christianity” the excepted religion of the day and the world entered the dark ages, but Yahweh kept a faithful remnant through it all,

And though Apostasy surround us on every side Yahweh still has a remnant that believe the same Gospel Yeshua preached, Paul, James, John, Timothy, Matthew, Mark, Luke, Charles Wesley, Charles Spurgeon, Charles Finney, John Whitfield, Jonathan Edwards, Paris Reidhead, Keith Green, Leonard Ravenhill, T. Austin Sparks, Watchman Nee, Duncan Campbell, Corie Ten Boom, A. W. Tozer, William Booth, Catharine Booth, Susanna Wesley and a multitude of others.

Yahweh knows nothing of a Salvation that does not include personal sanctification. (Dying to self daily) (Presenting your body a living sacrifices which is your reasonable service as a child of Yahweh.

This has nothing to do with works for salvation, this is love from the heart, in recognition for the great gift which Yahweh has given, freedom from enslavement from the bonds of Satan a ruthless task master. We served Satan because we had no choice, Yeshua we are by free will allowed to love through a heart of obedience.

If this is not our understanding of the Gospel of Yeshua, we have believed another Gospel not the Gospel of Yeshua.

We are not our own!

We either serve Satan because we have no choice, because we were born in sin

or

We serve Yeshua because He first loved us and gave Himself for us, that we might truly know and serve the living Father of all Yahweh.

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey BecauseHeLives,

Not to get off to far from the subject, but your statement about Americas mentality about anyone who appears successful in the name of God must be right with Yahweh made me think of that song from Fiddler on the Roof called "If I were a rich man"

Theres one part in the song that that says-

All the people will come from the town for me to advice them
Like Solomon the wise
And it wont matter if I answer Right or Wrong
Cause when you're rich they think you really Know.

Ha! So true of a lot of peoples mentality.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rogg,

This is as, as humanistic a thought is as possible.

Yahweh will only accept 100% of all you are.

Those that entertain any compromise on purpose, deceive themselves.

A little leaven, leaven the whole lump.

1 billion part of 1 billion compromise is unacceptable in the Kingdom of Yahweh.

Remember only a few Yeshua said would inherit eternal life.

In the True Church (Kingdom of Yahweh) the ends never justifies the means.

America has this mentality that anyone that appears successful in the name of God has to be right with Yahweh.. But this is not so. The scriptures make it very plain there are people that have a form of Godliness but they deny the power there of.

Yeshua said many would say Lord, Lord but Yeshua says depart from me you deceive, you lawless one, you who mix leaven in the Gospel.

John says in Revelation, Yeshua is on the outside of the hearts of many professors’ of Faith in Yeshua knocking trying to gain entrance.

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, Thanks!

God bless,
David

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

David it is in the US mail, I sent it first class and insured it, if you do don't recieve it in a couple of days, please let me know.

it was mailed Wensday May 25th about 15 minites to 12:00 noon

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit.

That is the true test of the authenticity of an evangelist.

The following is a testimony showing good fruit. This woman took classes on witnessing. The article is quite lengthy, so I will only cite a small portion of it. She is bearing good fruit for Jesus, because of the influence of Billy Graham's ministry.

Sharing Your Faith
'Wow! I'm Witnessing' E.B.
" When I heard that Billy Graham was coming to New York City last summer, I was excited. I have watched his Crusades on television since I was little, and I was grateful to think that God might allow me to be a part of what He would do through Mr. Graham's ministry."

As a result of the classes, I now had wonderful new tools, and the Lord began to give me occasions to use them.

One day my son, Michael, and I were loading things in the car for his return to school. In our apartment building elevator was a young man whom I see fairly often. I mentioned that Michael was returning to college, and the young man asked what his major was. I said, "Philosophy."

He smiled and asked, "What's the meaning of life?"

Wham! I recognized an open door.

I said, "Well, Michael and I are Christians, so we believe that the purpose of life is to get to know God and to love and enjoy Him forever."

"There are many paths for that, aren't there?" asked the young man.

"Well," I answered, "I know that's very popular thinking right now, but Jesus said, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:6, Bang! The seed of Scripture was sown!"

So we have to ask ourselves "Where did she learn that scripture?"

--------------------
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHElives,

I never did get the DVD you said you would send me about Billy Graham.

[Confused]

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

I have to say that I have never really listen to Billy Graham, I have never been led to. I've seen his revivals on tv but have never watched them.
I realize and understand that if Graham is saying that other faiths can lead to God, then it is dangerous indeed. What little I have heard of him, he does preach Christ Jesus.
I wouldn't advocate him in any way, and would encouraged others to stay away from him.
Even still, I believe the Lord uses his revivals to seek out hungry souls, and the Holy Spirit will lead them in the right path.
Graham does not preach other faiths, I don't think he preaches the Quran or the book of Mormon.

Even those in the Catholic church can be led to a Charismatic church, and then eventually to an Apostolic church.
What ever avenue the Holy Spirit has to seek out the elect, he will use.

Don't confuse the fact that the Holy Spirit uses these avenues with the idea that I agree with them.
In essence, there is nothing we can do anyway except to enlighten others and pray.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 16 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway, the question was to Drew and I hope he comments but I would say conclusively what we are seeing is the beginning of the end. The great apostasy is here. Yeshua is on the outside knocking trying to gain entrance into the so called Church.

True Faith is getting harder and harder to find in a world of 5 Billion + people.

Thank Yahweh He has always had a remnant, those who will not dishonor the Heavenly calling where into those washed in the Blood have been called. They will not lower the standard Yahweh has set. “Not even if it means I myself go to hell”(Catherine Booth).
That standard is the Lord Yeshua, he is the mark, the high calling the Apostle Paul said he had not yet attained, he was still pressing toward, even at the end of his race,

Every child of Yahweh has the same call as the Apostle Paul, to be conformed into the image of Yeshua. (we don’t have his office but we have that same calling, make me and mold me after your will oh God,

The only will of Yahweh for humans is that they all by His Grace be conformed into the image of Yeshua, His only begotten Son.

He paid the price for all the world, but only a few will except the conditions of the Free Gift of eternal life He offers.

They consider death to self too high a cost for the free gift of eternal life.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
I knew that about Billy Graham Drew. But I was told that Benny Hinn is also doing the same thing.

Whats going on? Do you see it has something to do with a future One world religon and the false prophet maybe?

Of course i am just speculating here, but with so much compromise in the churches today, I wonder if we are at the beginning of the apostacy Jesus spoke of?

God bless you Sis;

It sure seems like there is a large movement away from the Truth. Hinn's been false from his time with Kuhlman, at the very start.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew that about Billy Graham Drew. But I was told that Benny Hinn is also doing the same thing.

Whats going on? Do you see it has something to do with a future One world religon and the false prophet maybe?

Of course i am just speculating here, but with so much compromise in the churches today, I wonder if we are at the beginning of the apostacy Jesus spoke of?

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again -
"My one purpose in life is to help people find a personal relationship with God, which, I believe, comes through knowing Christ." --Billy Graham

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sadly Graham leaves out one little word, which is the imperative. He should have said, and he should continue to say this:

Again -
"My one purpose in life is to help people find a personal relationship with God, which, I believe, comes ONLY through knowing Christ." --Billy Graham

Sadly Billy Graham has been turning Roman Catholic decision cards over to the local Diocese, and has been cooperating with the RCC in his revivals. Billy Graham has legitimized the RCC faith and practice and has sent thousands back into the darkness of the RCC.

He is at the forefront of the ecumenical compromise, and Graham has compromised the faith.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

He is what the old idiom forked tongued refers to: meaning: to say one thing and mean another or, in more general terms, to act in a duplicitous manner.

He is playing to both worlds, “the Church world” and “the World world” which Yeshua says is impossible.

I am not misunderstanding him; he is saying very clearly people without Christ are saved.

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not calling you a liar, BecauseHElives. Your interpretation is probably under a spirit of misunderstanding.

Again -
"My one purpose in life is to help people find a personal relationship with God, which, I believe, comes through knowing Christ." --Billy Graham

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

quote:
Good NewsforAll
I don't believe this for one minute. I'm sure you would have a hard time providing proof on this one.

It is all too easy to prove.

I will say it again; I have Billy Graham on DVD in 3 different interviews saying Jesus is not the only way to eternal life.

1 interview with Robert Schuler
1 interview with Larry King
1 interview with someone I don't recognize

In every interview saying the same thing, other faiths will save you….

You can call me a lair if you want to right now, but liars will not enter heaven and I know that, so I do not /will not lie.

You shall not bear false witness either, if I were not telling the Truth I would be breaking that law also, which I am not.

But consider yourself, without examining the proof I offer and to call me a liar and a bearer of false witness you become guilty of 2 grievous sins needed to be repented of.

--------------------

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

quote:

Now I am definatly NOT a 7th day adventist, but that 7th day preacher is right with that remark.

Matthew 5:17-18
17."Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18."For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Thats true, the Ten Commandments are still commandments, we are still suppose to follow them. The Ten Commandments are not ritualistic commands, those were abolished. Those that had to do with ritualistic sacrifice.

Matthew 5:27-28
27."You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28."But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Jesus even took the Law and magnified it.

quote:

The wheat and the tares look so much alike its hard to tell which is which.

That is unfortunate, Christians should be totally distinguishable from the worldly. Flowers as apposed to crab grass.
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

GoodNewsForAll,

I got some news for you. Lots of preachers say we do not have to follow the 10 commandments anymore cause thats considered placing ones self
Under the law".

Especially the Church of Christ Preachers. They definately preach against following the 10 commandments.

I know, I have heard some preach against it. For they say that they are a "New Test. Church only and the 10 commandments falls under the Old Test.

Now I am definatly NOT a 7th day adventist, but that 7th day preacher is right with that remark.

Now you and I see the 10 commandments as still "binding" being a part of the Moral Law.

But many in different denominations today say not so. You know what they use as their excuse?

That Jesus said the greatest of the commandments is to Love God with all your heart and mind and others as yourself and the rest of those laws simply "hang" on those 2 commandments.

They say its okay to have graven images, and of course the sabbath isnt Saturday but Sunday now so there goes the 4th commandment and so we do not need to follow these 2 and because they come straight out of the Old Test they have been "done away" with.

Oh yeh, I hear it from a lot of different people from different Protestant denominations. This by no means is New news.

As far as Billy Graham, I have personally never sat and ever listened to even one of his sermons.
So I cant discern anything about what he has preached at his crusades.

But I have read articles in News Week and Have seen him interviewd on tv and he does ride the fence when asked questions about people of different faiths other than the christian faith and whether or not they too will go to heaven.

His answers are vague at best. As if he does not want to offend anyone, especially non-believers.
He did state in I believe the Aug issue of Newsweek 2006 his beliefs on that issue and you might be able to pull that up on your computer and read what he had to say there.

I will say that as for me and what I have read in those interviews with Billy Graham and his tv interviews that I percieve he does compromise the word.

He preaches one thing at the crusades, but he seems to have a little bit different twist on it when he is being interviewed by the media.

But hes not the only preacher guilty of that these days. Watch TBN sometime, there are many on that program compromising the word of God but we should not be surprised in these last days for Jesus said this would happen.

He said just before His return that the Church would go into apostacy, thats why He still calls for His people to come out from among them and be seperate.

The wheat and the tares look so much alike its hard to tell which is which.

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
I said I heard Billy Graham say in 3 different interviews, that Jesus was not the only way to eternal life,

I don't believe this for one minute. I'm sure you would have a hard time providing proof on this one.

This is just like a Seven Day Adventist speaker recently said that some preachers are saying that we don't have to follow the Ten Commandments anymore. I have never heard any reputable preacher ever say such a thing.

Sometimes our perception gets clouded whenever we are bound and bent on proving someone wrong.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The issue not understood by many in the “?Church?’ today is the issue the Apostle Paul addressed in his day, is that there is another Jesus being preached by many so called Christians.

A message of accepting Jesus as Savior without making Him Lord of their live, but Jesus said very plainly except a man repent (change direction) he can not see the Kingdom of God.

Not every one that says Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom but those that do the will of the Father.

The will of God is every man dies to himself, to this world, that Christ might live.

I said I heard Billy Graham say in 3 different interviews, that Jesus was not the only way to eternal life, said I would back up what I said by sending anyone that doubted he said that a copy of the DVD with him with the words coming out of his own mouth.

One person asked me for the DVD, and I sent it, I look forward to his comments.

The antichrist will soon be revealed, many are being deceived by the message of this other Jesus being preached and will not be part of the Bride that is making herself ready, by prayer and study of God’s Word because they believe that to be a works salvation.

I do love you all,
My prayers are you see the light before it is too late

Maybe some will take the time to listen, I link this message in hope you may hear the Truth…

http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID0289.mp3

--------------------

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Luke 9:49-50
49.Now John answered and said, "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us."
50.But Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side."

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

"I pray the same for all you"

I believe you are being stretching here, implying that these individuals are traitors to the cause of Christ or even maybe not saved. Just because they respect and love Rev. Billy Graham, does not mean they do not love Jesus.
I do believe that Rev Graham will have to answer to God for telling people that there are other ways to Christ, but at the same time, I can respect him for the work he has done. When he came out so many years ago, he took a stand for Christ. What he did, took courage. There was no Christian TV. There were no Christian finacial supporters in the begining. This man walked out in faith for the Lord. At this point, yes we need to pray for the man, that God will rebuke him and help him find his way back to the truth. But we can still love and respect him. We can still rejoice that many have accepted Jesus because of what this man did.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

So according to Chaplain Bob, Good NewsforAll, Rogg, the end justifies the means. Upholding absolute true is not necessary when preaching the gospel.

Mix a little leaven in there, in the message of the straight and narrow, the one way message, no use making it so hard, Yeshua couldn’t have meant what He said.

After all He died to save men/women.

Surely just because Billy Graham says there are other ways to be saved than through the shed Blood of Yeshua, that does not in any way disqualify him from ministry. He is such a good person, he does so much good.

I can not comprehend the absolute mental incompetence of any one that claims to have a personal relationship with Yeshua and continues to think Billy Graham is not in need of repenting of the evil he is mixing with the gospel.

At this time Billy Graham is a traitor, I don’t know his reason for betraying the LORD,
But it is just as hard to understand why Judas did what he did.

I pray Billy Graham may find saving grace before it is to late…

I pray the same for all you

For those that do not know what “Saving Grace” is, here is the definition…..

Yahweh “God’s” divine power, divine influence, divine ability imparted at the New Birth through the free gift of Yahweh by the obedience of His Son “Yeshua”, when Yeshua ascended into Heaven and placed His Blood on the mercy seat.

Grace that saves (changes) Yahweh “God’s” divine power, divine influence, divine ability makes the New Creature free to obey this Holy, Holy, Holy God. This Grace makes us His child.

The Church (so called) sings “Power in the Blood” but they do not believe or practice that Power.

I believe 85 to 90 % of Church members (Pastor, Deacons, Elders, Evangelist, Teachers) included, are just that Church members. They have never been born again.

I do not care what anyone here thinks of me.

I am a dead man, and the only thing that matters is the life of Yeshua that lives in me.
While I wait, I have one task be conformed daily into the pattern “Yeshua” who died that I might live as I die.

--------------------

Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I disagree. I believe Luther played a big part in breaking away from the Catholic Church.

Christians who did not swear fealty to the Pope were persecuted and killed. The church was never part of the Roman church. Therefore there was no need to "break away".

Luther's work only served to split the state church in two: one head in the Roman empire and the other in the Germanic empire. Sure, their doctrines were different but they were still just two expressions of the same theme: the church catering for the blessing of the state. IF Luther's movement was anything but a state church movement then the Germanic monarchs would have had no interest in him...they would not have kept him from his trial in Rome and they certainly wouldn't have given him asylum within their borders.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I disagree. I believe Luther played a big part in breaking away from the Catholic Church. If you do alot of reading you see that he truly loved the Lord, but he became discouraged when he could not win the Jews over Jesus. He forgot that Jesus saves and not man. We too in our day can become discourage when we wittness to our loved ones and they ignore our pleas. We can become discouraged and if we are not careful even bitter. But we also need to remember that it is not our job to save anyone. We just point the way to the Savior.
betty

--------------------

Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If we read about Martin Luther, we see how the Church was able to break away from the Catholic Church, because of his great faith in God. But the day before he died, he wrote a horrible letter about hating the Jewish people.
God used him for great work, but he was not perfect.
My point yes, there are things that Billy Graham was wrong on, but God still used him to reach out to people for salvation.
betty

I don't think Luther ever wanted to become anything but a Roman priest. And I'm not so convinced Luther helped the church at all. Rather, I think he continued the Roman pattern of "state church" but with different monarchs: the Germans. His support came from the German princes who were being bled dry by the Roman church. Their relief was not found in the sufficiency of Christ but rather in Luther's stance against indulgences and the Pope's ultimate authority. It was "good business" to support what Luther advocated not, as some would have us believe, righteousness.

Also, keep in mind that Luther (and Rome, etc.) only represented the most visible church. The church most faithful to God and Christ didn't get a lot of "face time" with the press in their day. Well, unless you consider state funded oppression and persecution "face time".

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief BecauseHelives, are you still beating that dead horse? You've been trying to discredit Dr. Graham for several years now and it's just become boring.

The "blood" is just another way of talking about Jesus' sacrifice and Billie talks about what Jesus did for all mankind in ever one of his crusades. Give it a rest.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

If we read about Martin Luther, we see how the Church was able to break away from the Catholic Church, because of his great faith in God. But the day before he died, he wrote a horrible letter about hating the Jewish people.
God used him for great work, but he was not perfect.
My point yes, there are things that Billy Graham was wrong on, but God still used him to reach out to people for salvation.
betty

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
Originally posted by Rogg:
Many are still saved at the Billy Graham crusades, and there will be some that finish the race.
If it were not for his crusades, they may have never known Christ.

Matthew 18:20
20."For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

That's why I am concerned about the seed we may be planting by saying wrong words about Billy Graham. Are we blocking souls from being saved? Be careful folks. [Frown]

--------------------

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Many are still saved at the Billy Graham crusades, and there will be some that finish the race.
If it were not for his crusades, they may have never known Christ.

Matthew 18:20
20."For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
When 9/11 came about and he was invited to the prayer meeting for the White House, he was the only one to have the nerve to pray in Jesus Name. For this I applaud him. The rest only used God's name so that people of all faiths would feel comfortable.

This is proof enough to me re his spiritual position.

Billy Graham quotes -
Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion; it is like a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.

God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, "I love you."

I just want to lobby for God.

If we had more hell in the pulpit, we would have less hell in the pew.

Suppose you could gain everything in the whole world, and lost your soul. Was it worth it?

The most eloquent prayer is the prayer through hands that heal and bless. The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless

The test of a preacher is that his congregation goes away saying, not, 'What a lovely sermon!' but 'I will do something.'

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.

--------------------

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

It seems the NWO is what needs to get done, without the rise of the AC, Jesus doesn't return. So George Bush and Billy Graham are doing exactly what they need to be doing. I don't say it is right, but it is what it is, and the Lord is allowing it.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Good NewsforAll,

Do you see the apostasy the Church is in?

Do you not understand Jesus said there would arise many false prophets, that they would deceive if possible the very elect?

Do you not understand we are in the last days?

Do you not understand people like Billy Graham, George Bush and others will say and do anything to bring about a New World Order?

I feel sorry for people like yourself that are so spiritually blind your can not or will not see the truth.

The scriptures very plainly teach if we proclaim the True Gospel the world will hate us.

I guess your one of those people that believes you can be saved and remain in the Roman Catholic Church.

I guess your one of those people that doesn’t believe in the straight and narrow path Yeshua preached.

I guess you one of those that believe what Billy Graham teaches that any and all faiths lead to heaven.

I am not taking someone else’s word for what he said, I have the video/DVD watching and listen to him say Muslims, Hindus and other faiths without trusting in Jesus Blood will go to heaven. (Three different interviews, one with Robert Schuler, one with Larry King, and one with a man I don’t recognize) saying the same thing.

You may let him send people to hell and still except him a brother but not me.

The Apostle Paul said mark them and put them away from you.

pray for him and prayfor those that are being decieved by him.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I grew up thinking that the Rev. Billy Graham could do no wrong. It does seem to be in his later years that he is becoming more concerened about being a nice guy and less concerened about speaking the truth. My heart breaks that he is doing this.
When 9/11 came about and he was invited to the prayer meeting for the White House, he was the only one to have the nerve to pray in Jesus Name. For this I applaud him. The rest only used God's name so that people of all faiths would feel comfortable.
I think we should pray for Rev. Graham that God would help him to speak the truth and not be so concerened about dying a "nice" man.
betty

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:

"Billy Graham embraces the teachings of the Masonic Lodge "

A totally twisted, exaggerated lie. If I want to know the true facts, I will go to the evangelist's site and get the information first hand, not from a biased media that likes to create lots of hype.

The sermon I provided is good evidence that many are out to get Billy Graham, by the remarks they make refuting the facts.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

the informaion is not hear say or speculation!

http://www.freepres.org/pamphlet_details.asp?graham_facts

Billy Graham embraces the teachings of the Masonic Lodge, which teach all faiths, can kneel and worship at the same alter and the Roman Catholic Church which is so evil it is beyond a short explanation.

Consider some of the men who personally pleaded with Graham to turn from his unscriptural path:

JAMES BENNET was a prominent New York attorney and Bible teacher who knew Graham from the time he graduated from Wheaton. He encouraged Graham during the early years of his ministry, but when Graham began openly yoking together with Modernists and Catholics, Bennet attempted to turn him from this error. He met with Graham in New York City before the 1954 crusade and pleaded with him not to proceed with his ecumenical plans. When Graham refused to obey the Word of God, Bennet resigned from the campaign invitation committee and wrote a public warning about the direction Graham was pursuing (James E. Bennet, The Billy Graham New York Crusade: Why I Cannot Support It, A Ministry of Disobedience, Collingswood, NJ: Christian Beacon Press, May-September 1957).

Thus James Bennet lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. JOHN R. RICE, editor of the influential Sword of the Lord weekly Fundamental Baptist paper, also supported Graham during his early years. In fact, Graham was on the Cooperating Board of the Sword. Dr. Rice was a very loving and gracious Christian gentleman, and he pleaded with the young Billy Graham to turn from his ecumenical adventures. In her biography of John Rice, Viola Walden, who was Rice's faithful secretary for 46 years, testified that Dr. Rice greatly loved Graham and repeatedly tried to reason with him (Walden, John R. Rice, pp. 164-167). Graham and Rice met in Scotland in 1955, and Graham assured the elder evangelist:
"I have promised God I will never have on my committee working in an active way in any of my campaigns men who do not believe in the virgin birth of Christ, who do not believe in the blood atonement of Jesus Christ, who do not believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible--these men will never be on my committee. I have promised God" (Graham, cited by Pastor Roland Rasmussen, Reasons Why I Cannot Support Billy Graham, chapel message delivered at Bob Jones University, Feb. 15, 1966).
As it became obvious that Graham was not following his own counsel but was pursuing the ecumenical course, Rice met with him again and urged him to obey the Bible: "I visited Dr. Graham in his own home in Montreat, North Carolina, by his invitation, and we talked earnestly on such matters" (John Rice, Sword of the Lord, June 20, 1958).

Graham, of course, did not listen, and John Rice publicly disassociated himself and the Sword from the young evangelist in 1957. Viola Walden notes that far from having a mean attitude toward Graham, Dr. Rice "prayed regularly [for Graham] even long after denouncing his compromise" and "rejoiced over the many saved in Dr. Graham's crusades" (pp. 166,167).

Thus Dr. John Rice lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. BOB JONES, SR., first met Billy Graham when the elder evangelist came to Charlotte, North Carolina, for a gospel meeting during Graham's senior year in high school. Billy's father, Frank, was impressed with Jones and wanted his son to attend Bob Jones College in Tennessee. (The school moved to Greensville, South Carolina, in 1946, and the name was changed to Bob Jones University). Billy did attend Bob Jones the fall after he graduated from high school (1936), but he did not fit in well with the strict atmosphere of discipline and he soon moved on to the Florida Bible Institute and then to Wheaton in 1940 (from whence he graduated--with a degree in anthropology!). Dr. Bob Jones supported Graham during his early years, and Graham even wrote to Jones to say that he got his evangelistic burden at Bob Jones College and he wanted to be called one of Dr. Jones's "preacher boys" (Bob Jones, Sr., letter to a supporter, March 6, 1957). As Graham began to launch out on his career of yoking together with false teachers, Dr. Jones corresponded with him and reproved him for his compromise. At first, Graham claimed that he had no intention of working with Modernists or Catholics. On June 3, 1952, Graham told Jones, "The modernists do not support us anywhere." It was not long, though, before Graham openly practiced what he privately denied. His 1957 New York Crusade included 120 Modernists on the committee.

Thus Dr. Bob Jones lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. CHARLES WOODBRIDGE was another prominent Christian leader who attempted to correct Billy Graham. Woodbridge had been a professor at Fuller Theological Seminary and a member of the National Association of Evangelicals, before he rejected the New Evangelicalism that was taking over in that day and separated himself from this false philosophy. Woodbridge was a highly educated Presbyterian, with an MA from Princeton, a Ph.D. from Duke, and further studies at Berlin and Marburg Universities in Germany and the Sorbonne in Paris. In his classic book The New Evangelicalism, Woodbridge relates a visit that Graham made to his home in 1958:
"Dr. Graham came to my home in Altadena, California, in 1958 to chat with me about these things. We talked for two hours. I pointed out to him Romans 16:17. I did my best to persuade him to come out from among unbelievers, so far as the conduct of his campaigns was concerned. But to no avail" (Woodbridge, The New Evangelicalism, 1970, p. 44).
Thus Dr. Woodbridge lovingly warned Billy Graham.

JACK WYRTZEN, founder of Word of Life, also warned Graham. The following testimony is from a pastor who witnessed one of the meetings in which Fundamentalist leaders tried to correct Billy Graham:
"In 1957, I sat in a meeting where Jack Wyrtzen and Dr. Woodbridge spoke face to face with Billy Graham about his compromise and the direction he was heading away from Fundamentalism. Billy Graham was at Word of Life Inn for two days of meetings near Schroon Lake, New York. That fall was the 'great New York Crusade.' It was following that meeting that both Dr. Woodbridge and Jack Wyrtzen stopped all support and fellowship with Billy Graham. Dr. Wyrtzen spoke to the staff of WOL regarding his reasons for pulling away from Graham. I was a young Christian at the time (saved at Word of Life on June 24, 1956, at 19 years of age.) It was the next year that Dr. Woodbridge broke fellowship with Dr. Graham for the same reasons" (E-mail dated Feb. 27, 1999, from Pastor Bob Welch, D.Min, Collegegate Baptist Church, Anchorage, Alaska).
Thus Jack Wyrtzen lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. ROBERT KETCHAM was the leader of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches in 1950 when he saw some news clippings stating that Graham was working with Jews and Catholics in his meetings and was turning decision cards over to Catholic parishes. Ketcham wrote immediately to Graham and asked if the reports were true. The reply from Graham's executive secretary, Jerry Bevan, included the following:
'For example, you asked if Billy Graham had invited Roman Catholics and Jews to cooperate in the evangelistic meetings. SUCH A THOUGHT, EVEN IF THE REPORTER DID SUGGEST IT AS HAVING COME FROM MR. GRAHAM, SEEMS RIDICULOUS TO ME. SURELY YOU MUST KNOW THAT IT IS NOT TRUE. ... FURTHER, THAT YOU SHOULD GIVE ANY CREDENCE TO THE IDEA THAT MR. GRAHAM WOULD EVER TURN OVER ANY DECISION CARDS TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH SEEMS INCONCEIVABLE' (John Ashbrook, New Neutralism II).
It was not long until Bevan's reply was proven a deception. Graham was intent upon working with Modernistic and Catholic and Jewish leaders, and he was intending to turn decision cards over to the same. The point here, though, is that Dr. Ketcham approached Billy Graham directly about this matter.

Another Christian leader who warned Graham was the late WILSON EWIN, longtime missionary to Roman Catholic-dominated Quebec. Graham cannot say that Ewin did not understand Roman Catholicism or Catholic evangelism. Unlike Graham, who travels from place to place and preaches largely in formal, organized settings, then returns to the seclusion of his hotel suite, Ewin lived among Roman Catholics and worked with them as a pastor and evangelist day by day, month by month, decade after decade. He dedicated his book You Can Lead Roman Catholics to Christ to "the salvation of dear Roman Catholics whom I love and for whom our Saviour died and shed His Blood."
"For twenty years, I have watched the crusades and ministry of Dr. Billy Graham. In fact, Ruth [Ewin's wife] and I sang in the choir and were counselors in one of the Graham crusades. Many letters were written to Billy expressing grave concern about his illicit affair with the Roman Catholic system. I even visited his evangelistic headquarters in Minneapolis to alert the Graham Organization about its overt compromise with Roman Catholicism. Graham has indeed allowed the truth to fall into the street through his ecumenical ministry" (Wilson Ewin, prayer letter announcing his book The Assimilation of Evangelist Billy Graham into the Roman Catholic Church, January 1993).
Thus Wilson Ewin lovingly warned Billy Graham.

These are only a few of the men who attempted to reprove Graham for his error. Graham mentions these warnings in his biography.

"Much more painful to me, however, was the opposition from some of the leading fundamentalists. Most of them I knew personally, and even if I did not agree with them on every detail, I greatly admired them and respected their commitment to Christ. Many also had been among our strongest supporters in the early years of our public ministry. Their criticisms hurt immensely, nor could I shrug them off as the objections of people who rejected the basic tenets of the Christian faith or who opposed evangelism of any type" (Graham, Just As I Am, p. 302).

Graham also calls the criticism "harsh" and claims that the men who criticised him demonstrated "a lack of love," but the disobedient always say that no matter how tender and loving the rebukes are. They always confuse correction with persecution. It is human nature to do that, and it raises a smokescreen to hide the real issues.

Reproof is never an easy thing to receive, and it always seems to be unloving to those who refuse to accept it. Further, one can always find some fault in the reprover, because he or she is also a sinner. Proverbs teaches that one's attitude toward biblical reproof exposes the condition of the heart.
"He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth" (Prov. 10:17).

"The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getting understanding" (Prov. 16:32).
Billy Graham does not have a proper attitude toward biblical reproof. He has refused to turn from the path of disobedience, and he slanders those who have loved him and God's Word enough to attempt to correct him.

Billy Graham was warned. He has had many opportunities to repent. Sadly, he has clung steadfastly to the course of disobedience to God's Word, and no other man in this generation is more responsible than Billy Graham for breaking down the walls between truth and error.

[This information is from the 300-page book Evangelicals and Rome by David W. Cloud, which is available from Way of Life Literature.]
See also the following articles at the Evangelical section of the End Times Apostasy Database at the Way of Life web site. http://www.wayoflife.org/

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do these rumors and innuendos get started??
To me, such speculation borders on sinful gossip.

http://bgea.org/DMag_article.asp?ArticleID=807

A message by Billy Graham

"We preach Christ crucified.” This is the focal point of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a picture of blood flowing from Christ’s veins as He hung on the cross. The message of shed blood is repugnant to many, and they turn from such a gory sight, feeling that their delicate sensibilities have been outraged. Many people will accept Christ’s character, but they reject His crucifixion."

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

The blood of Christ, without which there is no remission of sins,Billy Graham avoids in his preaching. This doctrine upsets the liberal supporters. Feb. 29th 1968 on his own letterhead his staff says concerning the blood of Christ, 'this aspect of Christian doctrine he does not emphasize in his messages. This is the duty and prerogative of the pastors'.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement