Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Carnal Christians?

Author Topic: Carnal Christians?
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 21 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wasn't no repentance to it, just didn't put the link [Big Grin]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristy2007
Community Member
Member # 6488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristy2007   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The word "carnal" is translated from the Greek word "sarkikos," which literally means "fleshly."
Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
yep that is where it came from, care to point out any errors or did you just want to try to make me look bad?

Nope, just wanted to practice good edicate. I'm glad you repented and did what was right.

[thumbsup2]

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think of a Carnel Christian as one who is a Christian but because of problems in his/her life, has began to read the Bible less and stop attending Church like they used to. They still love God and they don't live in sin, but God has taken a back burner in their lives for a time. I have been there myself. I think there are also some who want to go to Heaven, but they want to get away with as much as they can, and still be saved. The reality is, a Christian has no joy if they are living their lives as far away from God and still be saved. True happiness comes from living as close to God as we can. I believe for those who get to Heaven but did not live the life that God planned for them, there will be many tears when God shows them what they could have accomplished if they had allowed God to lead them.
My Baptist Preacher in Texas said, how sad it will be for those who make it to Heaven by the skin of their teeth but have no crowns to lay at Jesus' feet. How sad it will be to face Jesus knowing we were so selfish that we lived for ourselves and not for God. We should live as close to Jesus as we can and not try to see how much we can get away with and still be saved. If nothing else we will have the blood of others on our hands because of our bad example of a Christian.

Or course my thoughts on this subject can be way off.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep that is where it came from, care to point out any errors or did you just want to try to make me look bad?

Here is another ….

http://www.founders.org/FJ16/article2.html

Here is another….

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/70-9-8.htm

Bottom line is there is no such thing as a carnal Christian, not in the way it is used in the so called church today, that you can live like hell and be a child of the Living God, Yahweh.

Carnal Christians is a false doctrine of the apostate church.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, that's from this web page: http://www.vor.org/truth/sew/easychr/easych07.html

If one simply cuts and pastes an article from a source it's appropriate to cite that source or the author.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carnal Christians?

The "Carnal Christian Theory" is another of the teachings of "Easy Christianity" designed to take the pressure off the average church-goer..

The "great" thing about this teaching is that it also takes pressure off the teachers of "Easy Christianity." Time was that if "converts" went on in or went back to their ungodly lifestyles, they were labeled hypocrites or apostates. Now they are called "Carnal Christians." This looks much better for the evangelists' statistics and avoids painful evaluation of his message and methods.

What is the "Carnal Christian Theory"?

Let its advocated explain!

"After you have invited Christ to come into your life, it is possible for you to take control of your life again. The New Testament, 1 Corinthians 2:14-3:3, identifies three kinds of people... These three kinds of people are "the natural man", "the carnal man", and "the spiritual man". The carnal man is the "Christian who has invited Christ into his life," but "is not trusting God" and in rebellion against the lordship of Christ has "taken control of his life again." This is the theory as it is taught in the notes of a popular study Bible and the tracts of a well-known evangelistic organization. Many regard themselves as Christians because of it who are nevertheless under the wrath of God. Like false prophets its teachers cry, "Peace, peace; where there is no peace" (Jeremiah. 6:14 and 8:11).

Don't you be deceived by them! Examine the Scriptures. The entire New Testament testifies against this theory. Read Romans 8:1-17, Ephesians 5:3-7, Galatians 5:19-26. Galatians. 5:24 epitomizes their teaching, "Those who belong to Christ have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires." If your sinful nature has not been crucified by the grace of Christ, you are not a carnal Christian. You are no Christian and need to become one.

The idea that a man may have Christ in his life but not on the throne of his life is the heart of the "Carnal Christian Theory." We noticed already that this dangerous doctrine is contradicted by the entire New Testament. What about 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, its supposed proof-text, does it teach this theory?

The Apostle Paul was not only divinely inspired, but also perfectly sane--not given to contradicting himself in the space of a few lines. In the same letter he made perfectly clear what he would have said about this modern theory. "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral not idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

All Paul says in 1 Corinthians 3:1-4 is that Christians can and do sometimes in some areas of their lives act like unconverted, worldly men. "Are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? for when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos, " are you not mere men?" (1 Corinthians 3:3,4).

It is one thing in some areas at some times to act like unconverted men, it is something else to be a carnal man as to the dominant characteristic of one's life. Of such the Bible says, "their place will be the fiery lake of burning sulfur" (Revelation 21:8). May God deliver you from going to the place where all "Carnal Christians" will go!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement