Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH !!

Author Topic: CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH !!
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excerpt from the website...

Jesus is therefore the - SON - of Almighty God.

He is obviously - NOT - Almighty God.

And again, when He (Almighty God) bringeth the first begotten into the world (Jesus) He (Almighty God) saith, And let all the angels of (Almighty) God worship Him (Jesus). (Hebrew 1:6)

NOTICE: Only when Almighty God begat Him into the WORLD, did Jesus come to be called Jesus,

Therefore, Jesus was - NOT - the Creator of all things.

John 1:2-3
2.He was in the beginning with God.
3.All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

The Godhead participated in creation.

Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

This is represented in the primary colors

Red - Holy Spirit - Fire - Eternal power
Green - Yesu - Earth - Man-God
Blue - Father Yahweh - Heavens - All encompassing

Jesus is God and he is the son of God. Jesus is not the Father, but he is God Almighty.

Jesus was the one that walked in the Garden with Adam.
He was, long before creation and anything we could even consider eternal.

The website certainly has a bad spirit about it.

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackHowell
Advanced Member
Member # 6507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackHowell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: vince diehl. This individual was posting essentially the same false prophecies regarding the USA a few years ago under the name of "Bonds." He prophecied that America, Canada, and Mxico would be destroyed by fire from underground gas reserves on a certain day. That day came and went without anything taking place, and he soon disappeared from the internet and his website was offline. Now, it appears he's back, posting his same false prophecies, but updated once again under a different name.

I attempted to engage this person in email discussions when he was posting as "Bonds" and his site was then known as "Bonds Report" and showed him how his prophecies were false. He also stated that he spent a weekend in a New Mexico jail on what he claimed were trumped up charges of mental illness, and that he was thrown in jail to silence him from "speaking the truth" about the demise of the USA, Canada, and Mexico. I admit to being somewhat surprised to see him resurfacing under a different name, and posting the same stuff that was proven false years ago!

Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackHowell
Advanced Member
Member # 6507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackHowell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Deity of Jesus Christ According To The Scriptures

One of the most common traits of the cults is their denial of the Deity (Godship) of Jesus Christ. In an effort to prove that He is not God, the cults often point to scripture that they have taken OUT OF CONTEXT. These are most often scriptures that refer to His human nature, while they ignore all the scriptures that explictly teach His Deity. In this little outline, we will present the Deity of Jesus Christ according to the Scriptures.

1) Explicit "Doctrinal" Statements

A. Matthew 1:23 - "God with us"
B. John 1:1,18 - "The Word was God"
C. Romans 9:5 - "God blessed forever"
D. 1 Timothy 3:16 - "God in the flesh"
E. Titus 2:13 - "God and Savior"
F. Colossians 2:9 - "Fullness of the Godhead" (Greek: theotetos - the state of being God; not theiotes - divine, divine quality)
G. James 2:1 - "Lord of Glory"
H. 1 John 5:20 - "The true God"
I. Isaiah 9:6 - "Mighty God"
J. 2 Peter 1:1 - "God and Savior"
K. Revelation 1:8;21:6; 22:12-20; 1:17-18 - "First and Last"

2) Called The "Image" Or "First-Born" (Not First-Created)

A. Colossians 1:15
B. 2 Corinthians 4:4
C. Hebrews 1:3-6
D. Psalm 89:27

3) Jesus' Own Claims

A. John 5:17-18 - Called God His own Father
B. John 10:30 - "I and the Father are One"
C. Matthew 19:17 - "only One is good"
D. John 16:15 - "all things the Father has are mine"
E. John 8:24,58; 18:5-6 - "I AM"

4) Jesus Separates Himself From Humanity

A. Luke 11:13 - "You being evil" (not "we")
B. John 2:24-25 - did not trust Himself to man
C. John 3:7 - "You must be born again" (not "we")

5) What Contemporaries Thought of Jesus

A. His Friends:
1. Thomas - John 20:28 - "My Lord and My God"
2. Paul - Acts 20:28 - "God spent His own blood"
3. Paul and Ananias - Acts 9:5,10; 15:17 with Acts 22:12-22 - Saul chosen by Him/God

B. His Father - Hebrews 1:8 - "Your throne, O God"

C. His Enemies:
The Jews understood Jesus claimed Deity by attempting to execute Him many times - John 5:18; 10:35; Mark 14:63

6) Eternal ("Pre") Existence

A. Micah 5:2 - "From the days of eternity"
B. Isaiah 9:5 - "Father of eternity"
C. John 1:1-2 - "In the beginning" (origin)
D. John 1:15 - "He was before me"
E. John 8:58 - "before Abraham"
F. John 17:5 - "before the world"
G. Revelation 1:8 - "Who is, was, is to come"

7) Old Testament Passage Referring to Yahweh Applied Specifically To Jesus By New Testament Writers

A. Matthew 1:23/Isaiah 7:14 - "God with us"
B. Matthew 3:3; Mark 1:2-3; Luke 3:4; John 1:23/Isaiah 40:3 - "Straighten the way of the Lord"
C. Matthew 11:10/Malachi 3:1 - messenger to clear way
D. Romans 10:13/Joel 2:32 - believe on Him
E. Philippians 2:10/Isaiah 45:23 - knees bow to Him
F. Hebrews 1:6/Psalm 97:5,7 - worship Him
G. Hebrews 1:8/Psalm 45:6 - "Thy throne O God"
H. Hebrews 1:10-12/Psalm 102:24-27 - made the heavens
I. Revelation 1:7/Zechariah 12:10 - the pierced One
J. Revelation 15:3-4/Deuteronomy 32:3-4 - song of Moses/the Lamb

8) Old Testament Titles Referring To Yahweh Applied Specifically To Jesus By New Testament Writers

A. Revelation 2:8; 22:13,16/Isaiah 41:4; 44:6 - First and Last
B. John 8:24,58/Exodus 3:14; Isaiah 43:10 - "I AM"
C. 2 Timothy 4:1; John 5:22/Genesis 18:25 - Judge
D. John 1:9; 8:12/Psalm 27:1; Isaiah 60:19 - Light
E. Titus 3:4,6/Isaiah 43:11; 45:21; 35:4 - Savior
F. 1 Corinthians 10:4/Isaiah 28:16; Psalm 78:35 - Rock
G. John 10:11,16/Pslam 23:1 - Shepherd
H. Colossians 1:16; John 1:2/Isaiah 44:24 - Creator
I. Matthew 2:2; Acts 17:7/Pslam 5:2; 24:10 - King
J. Mark 2:19; John 3:29/Hosea 2:16; Isaiah 62:5 - Bridegroom
K. Acts 9:34/Psalm 103:3 - Healer

9) Placed On Par With The Father and The Holy Ghost

A. Trinitarian Events/Formulas:
1. Luke 1:35 - Incarnation
2. Matthew 3:16 - Baptism of Jesus
3. Matthew 28:19 - Baptism of Believers
4. 2 Corinthians 13:14 - a blessing
5. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 - Gifts, service, working

B. The Three Working Together
1. Ephesians 2:18,22 - Access to the Father/built into dwelling
2. Ephesians 3:14-17 - we are strengthened
3. Hebrews 2:3,4 - Word announced, testified to
4. Acts 3:26; John 2:19; 1 Peter 3:18 - Resurrection of Jesus
5. John 14:26; 15:26 - Jesus send Holy Ghost from the Father

C. Parallels Between The Father and The Son:
1. John 5:23 - Honor the Son as the Father
2. John 8:19,24 - Know the Son/Know the Father
3. John 14:1 - Trust in God, in Jesus
4. Matthew 11:27 - Only the Son knows the Father
5. 1 Corinthians 8:6 - for whom we exist, through whom we exist

10) Jesus In The Old Testament (Barely a Sampling)

A. Isaiah 9:6 - Counselor, God, Father
B. Isaiah 49:7 - Lord and His Holy One
C. Psalm 110:1 - Lord said unto my Lord
D. Zechariah 13:7 - My Shepherd and Associate

11) Divine Attributes

A. Divine Actions:
1. Acts 5:31; Mark 2:5-10; Luke 5:20-24 - Forgives sins
2. Matthew 14:33; Hebrews 1:6 - Receives worship (see Luke 4:8)
3. Acts 7:59; John 14:14; 2 Peter 3:18 - Receives prayer
4. John 1:4; 11:25; 14:6 - Gives life, light
5. John 3:13; 6:51 - From heaven
6. 1 Thessalonians 3:13; Zechariah 14:4-5 - Will come on the clouds
7. John 5:27-29 - Will raise all men
8. John 17:2 - Gives eternal life
9. John 14:27; 16:33; Romans 15:33 - Gives Peace
10. Colossians 1:17; Hebrews 1:3 - Upholds all things

B. Divine Attributes:
1. John 2:19; 10:17-18; 5:26 - Self-existence
2. 1 John 1:2; John 17:5,24 - Eternal
3. Matthew 18:20; 28:20; John 3:13; Ephesians 1:21 - Omnipresence
4. Matthew 9:4; 12:25; Mark 2:8; Luke 6:8; 9:47 - Omniscience
5. Matthew 28:18; Luke 21:15; John 1:3; 10:18 - Omnipotence
6. Hebrews 1:11-12; 13:8 - Unchangeable
7. John 6;69; 8:46; Matthew 27:3-4; Luke 23:22,41 - Holiness
8. John 1:4; 11:25; 14:6 - Life

As can clearly be seen from the above, the scriptures explicitly declare the Godship of Jesus Christ. Thus to deny His Deity is to deny the inspired, written Word of God.

Something To Remember

Jesus was not only God, but God-Man. The following verses help to explain some Arian proof-text used to deny His Deity:

1. Colossians 2:9 - Deity in bodily form (Gk: somatikos)
2. Hebrews 2:14-18 - Shared Humanity
3. Philippians 2:6-8 - Emptied Himself, took the form of a man (Note: The Isaiah 45:23 passage immediately follows.)

1. Colossians 2:9 - Deity in bodily form (Gk: somatikos)
2. Hebrews 2:14-18 - Shared Humanity
3. Philippians 2:6-8 - Emptied Himself, took the form of a man (Note: The Isaiah 45:23 passage immediately follows.)

Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle64

Do NOT post anymore of your links here. Jesus is God

Period.

Thank you,
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I've thought a lot about the "Jesus is not God" argument. The people who support this idea are rarely swayed, if ever, by Biblical examination of their error. They tend to know the text very well...much better than most from the "Evangelical" crowd.

So, for me, I've asked God for the simple truth of the matter. I caught a glimpse of it the other day when I was considering the issue and I came away with some new insight.

What kind of sick "god" would put the lives of the entire race of men in the hands of one man? Could you imagine an "omnipotent" being staking the outcome of something so enormous in the hands of an inherently flawed creature? Not only would it be stupid but, if you are the god in question, you have risked nothing...it's a completely selfish endeavor. If the creature fails just make another one and try again.

Instead, when we consider the matter in truth, we have a loving God puting Himself on the line for the sakes of men! This is love! And the risk is high. For if the weaknesses of the flesh cave under the onslaught of the enemy all is lost...and the Evil one becomes the king!

We do not serve a god who puts men's redemption in the hands of men. We serve a God who risked Himself in order to secure our redemption. And this is the anchor that holds fast in the fiercest of storms because it is God's strength, not man's, upon which the covenant is anchored.
Amen

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Drew, Servant of God, Thank you so much for telling the TRUTH!

Jesus's diety is certainly on attack during these last days.

Gnosticism is back and on the Rise. Although come to think of it I guess it never really left did it?

Its all boiling down to that famous question that Jesus asked Peter.

Who do you say I AM?

Jesus was and Is and Is to come. He is God, Savior, Lord, King of all kings. Praise be to His name!

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who created the heavens and the earth?

A. God

1. Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2. Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His
handiwork.
3. Psalms 33:6 By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And all the host of
them by the breath of His mouth.

B. Jesus

1. John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and
without Him nothing was made that was made.
2. Colossians 1:13-17 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us
into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His
blood, the forgiveness of sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over
all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on
earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All
things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him
all things consist.
3. Hebrews 1:3-10 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His
person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself
purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so
much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name
than they. 5 For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have
begotten You"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"? 6 But
when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God
worship Him." 7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His
ministers a flame of fire." 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and
ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. 9 You have loved
righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With
the oil of gladness more than Your companions." 10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning
laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

II. Who is God?

A. God

1. Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!
2. John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and
Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
3. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man
Christ Jesus,
4. Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have
chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me
there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.
5. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and
power, Both now and forever. Amen.

B. Jesus

1. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an
understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His
Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
2. Hebrews 1:8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A
scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
3. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall
be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty
God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

III. Who is the Lord of lords?

A. God

1. Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great
God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.
2. Psalms 136:1-4 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth
for ever. 2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give
thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. 4 To him who alone doeth
great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 17:14 "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome
them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called,
chosen, and faithful."

IV. Who is the Savior?

A. God

1. Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.
2. 1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
3. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and
power, Both now and forever. Amen.

B. Jesus

1. Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and
Savior Jesus Christ,
2. 2 Peter 1:11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting
kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
3. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior
of the world.

V. Who is I AM?

A. God

1. Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall
say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

B. Jesus

1. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I
AM."

VI. Who is the Holy One?

A. God

1. Isaiah 48:17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the
LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
2. Psalms 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
3. Isaiah 43:15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
4. Isaiah 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and
such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that
smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
5. Isaiah 17:7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect
to the Holy One of Israel.
6. Isaiah 29:19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among
men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

B. Jesus

1. Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of
Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
2. Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine
Holy One to see corruption.
3. Acts 3:14-15 "But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to
be granted to you, 15 "and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of
which we are witnesses.

VII. Who is the Shepherd?

A. God

1. Psalms 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. Ezekiel 34:11-12 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my
sheep, and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is
among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them
out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 25:31-32 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy
angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be
gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd
divideth his sheep from the goats:
2. John 10:11,14 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the
sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

VII. Who raised Jesus from the dead?

A. God

1. Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your
heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

B. Jesus

1. John 2:19 Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I
will raise it up."

VIII. Who shed His blood for the church?

A. God

1. Acts 20:28 "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the
Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased
with His own blood.

B. Jesus

1. 1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and
without spot.
2. Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own
blood, suffered outside the gate.
3. Colossians 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of
sins.

IX. Who is to be worshipped?

A. God

1. Exodus 34:14 '(for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is
Jealous, is a jealous God),
2. Deuteronomy 30:16-17 "in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to
walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that
you may live and multiply; and the LORD your God will bless you in the land which you go
to possess. 17 "But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn
away, and worship other gods and serve them,
3. 2 Chronicles 7:19 "But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My
commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship
them,
4. Matthew 4:9-10 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall
down and worship me." 10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is
written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.'"

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 2:2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have
seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
2. Hebrews 1:6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all
the angels of God worship Him."
3. John 9:35-38 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He
said to him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" 36 He answered and said, "Who is He,
Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 And Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and
it is He who is talking with you." 38 Then he said, "Lord, I believe!" And he worshipped
Him.

C. Who is not to be worshipped?

1. Acts 10:25-26 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and
worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I myself am also a man."
2. Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you
do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony
of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
3. Revelation 22:8-9 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and
saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9
Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of
your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship
God."

X. Who is the First and the Last?

A. God

1. Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of
hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
2. Revelation 21:6-7 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of
life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall
be my son.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 1:10-18 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great
voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and,
What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia;
unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis,
and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake
with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the
seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the
foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white
like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like
unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many
waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp
twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17 And
when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying
unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead;
and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
2. Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith
the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XVIII. Are we to honor the Son just as we honor the Father?

A. John 5:21-23 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so
the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed
all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour
the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent
him.
B. John 12:44-45 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but
on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
C. John 10:27-33 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And
I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck
them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no
man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then
the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works
have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The
Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and
because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
D. John 14:7-9 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from
henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the
Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you,
and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

1. Hebrews 1:1-3 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past
unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,
whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who
being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all
things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on
the right hand of the Majesty on high;

XIX. Is Jesus Yahweh (Jehovah)?

A. Jeremiah 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD (Yahweh), "That I will
raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute
judgment and righteousness in the earth. 6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel
will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD (Yahweh)
OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

XX. Is Jesus God with us?

A. Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall
conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel (Immanuw'el,
im-maw-noo-ale'; from H5973 and H410 with suff. pron. ins.; with us (is) God) Strong’s.

XXI. Was God manifest in the flesh?

A. 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was
manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up into glory.

XXII. Is Jesus equal with God?

A. John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had
broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with
God.

XXIII. Are we to address Jesus as God?

A. John 20:24-29 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them
when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the
Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put
my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then
came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach
hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And
Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him,
Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not
seen, and yet have believed.

XXIV. Unto Whom will every knee bow?

A. God

1. Isaiah 45:21-23 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together:
who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I
the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none
beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God,
and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in
righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue
shall swear.

B. Jesus

1. Philippians 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in
heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue
should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

XXV. For Whom was the way prepared by John the Baptist?

A. God

1. Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:
and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of
the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2. Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the
LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
3. Matthew 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger
before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

XXVI. Who rewards every man according to their works?

A. God

1. Psalms 62:11-12 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power
belongeth unto God. 12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to
every man according to his work.
2. Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule
for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
3. Psalms 54:4-5 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul. 5
He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them off in thy truth.
4. Psalms 94:1-2 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom
vengeance belongeth, show thyself. 2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a
reward to the proud.
5. Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to
the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and
his work before him.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 22:12-13 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give
every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and
the end, the first and the last.
2. Matthew 16:27-28 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his
angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28 Verily I say unto
you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son
of man coming in his kingdom.

XXVII. Who is the Light?

A. God

1. Psalms 18:28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my
darkness.
2. Psalms 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I
fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
3. Psalms 36:7-9 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of
men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 8 They shall be abundantly satisfied
with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy
pleasures. 9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
4. Isaiah 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
5. Isaiah 60:19-20 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall
the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and
thy God thy glory. 20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw
itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be
ended.
6. Micah 7:8-9 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I
sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. 9 I will bear the indignation of the
LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute
judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

B. Jesus

1. John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and
without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was
the light of men.
2. John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he
that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
3. John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

XXIII. Go tell them what great things God has done.

A. Luke 8:38-39 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that
he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to thine own house,
and show how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and
published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

The website you post links to is NOT THE TRUTH.

It denies the true deity of Christ, GOD manifest in the flesh.

http://www.websitemirror.org/43_are_one_n-i.html

THEREFORE: JUST AS YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE ARE CALLED A "COUPLE", ALMIGHTY GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND CHRIST, ARE CALLED A TRIO, OR OTHERWISE TRINITY. BUT THEY ARE IN NO WAY THE SAME PERSON, NOR ARE THEY IN ANY WAY EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER !!!

http://www.websitemirror.org/84_John_1-1_n-i.html

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and..the Word WAS .God. (John 1:1)

This verse obviously refers to Almighty God. It obviously does NOT mention Jesus.

http://www.websitemirror.org/85_I_AM_n-i.html

Therefore when Jesus declared "Before Abraham was I am", he was saying nothing more than "My Heavenly Father was here before Abraham", because: "I AM" was simply one of the titles that his Heavenly father was known by !!
Therefore the "Trinity" doctrine's notion that Christ was saying HE was "I AM" is nothing more than sheer utterly fabricated, absurd nonsense. It's another LIE !!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who is Vince Diehl?
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle64
Community Member
Member # 6467

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michelle64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Check out the index from a website having information about

Old Testament prophecies that say America is in trouble
(Section A);

What you need to know about what Bush is doing
(A-16);

"That", "how", "when", and "why" the Bible says America is in trouble
(Section B);

The sequence of events leading up to Christ's Second Coming
(B-5);

Why today's church is falling apart
(Section C);

The identity of the so-called antichrist
(D-9);

All there is to know about the "666"
(D-2);

The identity of the "beast" mentioned in Daniel and Revelation
(section D);

A Scripturally grounded explanation for the Seven Seals of Revelation
(section E);

and an entire host of other totally Scripturally grounded info at:

http://www.websitemirror.org/

Michelle

--------------------
Study the word and prove God's truth, follow no church doctrine, only the word of the LORD!

Posts: 16 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement