Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Fear mercy

Author Topic: Fear mercy
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertdweller:
[QB] Do you have a spiritual director?

This sounds just like something you'd find in the Emerging Church Movement. BEWARE!!! They teach things that 'sound' Christian and seem to be supported by scripture but these scripture are taken Out Of Context or from a newer translation which has changed the meaning of the original verses.

The Emergent Church Movement teaches and stresses Contemplative Pray/Centering Prayer which is Nothing More then Transindental Meditation (which is a Religious Eastern/Hindu practice). It is Identical!

Deuteronomy 12:30Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.

31Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

Check out these websites please and Do Not Be Deceived by this Movement!

One Truth Ministry http://onetruthministries.com/articles.html

Lighthouse Trails Research Project: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray that God, Nature's Creator, through The Ruler of God's Creation, Jesus, confounds and melts away the "courage" that suicide bombers have in killing. Through Jesus, terrorists are thwarted. To God the Glory not the sword.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbou,
You are certainly serious about your faith. Do you have a spiritual director? I have found this to be a great help - some clergy I see every month or so to go over insights. Lots of times because of their education they have been down similar paths and can give us some help in research......
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DD,I apologize. Evidently, I can't find the verse that I think I am getting this from in reference to mercy. I did find in Psalms 130:4, "But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared."
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Eden, In 1980something, I was working with a friend at an apartment complex, when on the news came the report of President Reagan being shot. The coworker started talking about how some people thought that Reagan might be the Beast because his three names had six letters in each of his names. I had heard other theories about the 6 6 6 standing for a trilogy of sin by man himself. That the numbers 6, 6, 6 stood for man. There are so many opinions and beliefs and theories that I see the subject as one of complication and confusion with no clear solution. That is until now. Following this conversation with my friend, I decided that reading the Bible once was not enough. I didn’t remember any of the verses in concerns of the 666. I read Revelation again. When I came to verse Revelation 13:18, clever that I am, I asked for intelligence instead of the identity. I did this mostly because I believe that mankind is 180 degrees out with God and more than likely have been asking for the name instead of the intelligence. I use the word intelligence as that is the wording in the “Good News for Modern Man, New Testament” in reference to verse Revelation 13:18. Years passed and still no clearer understanding or intelligence. 1987 I had quit a job that was driving me crazy, and in the meantime decided to read the Books about the Kings of Israel thinking that I may gain some insight into being more successful in my life, from whom I was expecting to be men of greatness. On the contrary, Saul was a warmonger and suffered the penalty of such, David was after God’s own Heart, and then I stumbled onto verse First Kings 10:14 and the number 666. This all made since. The number 666 stood for King Solomon because why would God make it ambiguous for man to figure out than to stick to the rule of thumb of “when all things will become simple”. Many years passed and the endeavor to communicate this did not yield any fruition. Presidents, Popes, Evangelists, Theologians and etc. have been made aware of this belief. Presidents have responded to me, starting with Reagan. Actually they appear to be the most open minded about the subject. Evangelists and Theologians resist this belief period. Popes never responded. I have since read the Bible in entirety 4 times. The third time is when I discovered Deuteronomy17: 17 thus stating the actual law forbidding exactly what King Solomon did. God knowing the future made this law. God did everything He could to avert the future. Well more years passed, and I began to wonder if King Solomon had been forgiven. While reading the Bible for the forth time, I came upon the verse Deuteronomy 29:20, Solomon will never be forgiven, because he is guilty of misleading the Israelites away from God. This all has taken place before Jesus. Many times God gave the Israelites a chance to turn from their ways and return to Him so that He may heal them. It is the same today. In the Books of the Prophets, God talks about the earth of today. That is in The Old Testament. Proverbs 25:3, Solomon’s own words exposing him as forgetting that God knows all men’s hearts. Revelation 2:23, Jesus searches all and knows all men’s hearts. The flood came at a time when evil was the only thing in men’s hearts. I don’t doubt that all life will be burned up on Earth, but I can’t help but believe that we still have a chance to avert disaster and evolve back to Heaven like those that went to Heaven without dying. I believe that it would be a sin on my part not to try and see if we change the future through believing in Jesus Christ and understanding that to continue revering or respecting King Solomon as wise, when he ultimately wasn’t, is disrespectful to God.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deuteronomy 17:17
17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

Deuteronomy 29:20
20 The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven.

1 Kings 10:14
14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

2 Chronicles 9:13
13 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold;

Proverbs 25:3
3 The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

Revelation 2:23
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Revelation 13:18
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666.

Okay, chou4668, and from the above scriptures, you conclude, what again?

Have a blessed day,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, chou4668. You also said:

"there was more silver on the ground than stones" during Solomon's reign. Also he enjoyed peace on all sides.”

Take the poll about whether King Solomon was forgiven. It is in the poll list on this bulletin board. Deuteronomy 17:17, Deuteronomy 29:20, First Kings 10:14, Second Chronicles 9:13, Proverbs 25:3, Revelation 2:23, Revelation 13:18.

I'm going to post them in a few minutes...

Eden

Eden
unregistered

Hi, chou4668. You also said:

"Actually the mercy to not destroy everything when His Son was murdered on the Cross is greater than any mercy man can show. This mercy needs to be respected. I believe that to acknowledge this mercy is to accept Jesus as the Messiah and can be enhanced by understanding the importance of studying the scripture with the belief that King Solomon is a turning point for the worse when apparently things were going in the right direction.”

Eden here:

I liked the above paragraph, chou4668. You are probably right that everything was going in the right direction until Solomon. Saul was the first king of Israel, and King Saul did not do so well as the first king of Israel.

But after King Saul, King David did much better as king of Israel except in the matter of Bathsheba and Uriah whom David had murdered by sending Uriah unprotected to the front.

From this union of King David and Bathsheba, whose husband Uriah David had murdered was born Solomon, born of David and Bathsheba, who became the next king of Israel.

But Solomon did some great things as well. He was premiere in his capacity as temple builder; King Solomon was great for many years, in fact, for MOST of his years as king Solomon was good.

It was not until his later life that King Solomon began to covet too many women who were attracted to his wisdom, and Solomon did introduce many strange gods of the cities around Israel INTO Israel by marrying the daughters of foreign kings.

King Saul had not introduced strange gods into Israel, and King David had not introduced strange gods into Israel, but King Solomon DID introduce strange gods into Israel, and in that regard the idea of focusing on Solomon as a turning point has merit.

Be blessed,
Eden

Eden
unregistered

Hi, chou4668. You said:

"That was King David's Humility, Faith, Awareness, Service, Love, Patience and Committal.
Does anyone think that I am wrong for drawing the conclusion that essentially mercy is being feared?"

"For what David believed was that 'He that is merciful (Lord God Almighty) is to be feared'." So showing mercy is a way of being like God but only because God is in anyone that so chooses to show mercy."

Eden here:

You said: "For what David believed was that 'He that is merciful (Lord God Almighty) is to be feared'."

I don't think God is to be feared for His Mercy. But I do think that God is to be feared for some of His other attributes, like destroying His enemies.

But of all the attributes of our God YHWH of Israel and our Lord Jesus of Israel, MERCY is the LEAST to be feared, and would lead the LEAST to the conclusion you proposed:

"For what David believed was that 'He that is merciful (Lord God Almighty) is to be feared'."

Eden here: I think that David tended to fear God for His other atrributes, but David tended to THANK God and PRAISE God for His attributes of Mercy and Longsuffering and Lovingkindness, and more.

So, David did not conclude that God is to be feared because of His Mercy. Now that is something the Devil might like to say, but not David and not the God that I know.

Be blessed,
Eden

desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 20 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mercy is to be feared? Don't think so.
Mercy is to dispel fear and replace it with the experience of being loved and treasured.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 16 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was King David's
Humility, Faith, Awareness, Service, Love, Patience and Committal.
Does anyone think that I am wrong for drawing the conclusion that essentially mercy is being feared? For what David believed was that "He that is merciful (Lord God Almighty) is to be feared." So showing mercy is a way of being like God but only because God is in anyone that so chooses to show mercy. Actually the mercy to not destroy everything when His Son was murdered on the Cross is greater than any mercy man can show. This mercy needs to be respected. I believe that to acknowledge this mercy is to accept Jesus as the Messiah and can be enhanced by understanding the importance of studying the scripture with the belief that King Solomon is a turning point for the worse when apparently things were going in the right direction. "there was more silver on the ground than stones" during Solomon's reign. Also he enjoyed peace on all sides. Take the poll about whether King Solomon was forgiven. It is in the poll list on this bulletin board. Deuteronomy 17:17, Deuteronomy 29:20, First Kings 10:14, Second Chronicles 9:13, Proverbs 25:3, Revelation 2:23, Revelation 13:18.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 2 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement