Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » They really hate Christians

Author Topic: They really hate Christians
Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, people for all the great replies. I will take them to heart...and, let the Holy Spirit work through His words instead of trying to be logical with them.

It is so sad especially those that have lost loved ones who are told they can carry on a normal relationship with them.

One poor woman on there is not dating because her deceased boyfriend seems sad about it...that's what a medium told her. Can you believe how gullible they are?

Your Friend in Christ,
Rayf

Posts: 9 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
New Age people are hard nuts to crack. But don't give up, I was saved one day when Christians came to the side door of a Sufi meeting I was attending.

I'm the only one out of the Sufi meeting who went with them to their house to hear what they had to to say.

Eden

Well, uh...I'll take some of that with a grain of salt - but...SUFI!!! [clap2] did you affiliate with any GURDJIEFF teachings, or students???
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Age people are hard nuts to crack. But don't give up, I was saved one day when Christians came to the side door of a Sufi meeting I was attending.

I'm the only one out of the Sufi meeting who went with them to their house to hear what they had to to say.

Eden

bicyclerider
Member # 6310

Icon 3 posted      Profile for bicyclerider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rayf ! My name is Anthony and I am new to this forum; I am not new to Christianity, but certainly to this family. The one thing that I have found in being a Christian is that if we are not careful, the frustration that we feel from those in the world not understanding what the word of God is saying to them will engulf our better judgement if we don't keep a lid on it. God knows what he is doing; He doesn't need any of us to tell Him what needs to be done here on earth, but He does give to each of us a measure of faith that we are to use to bear fruit for Him while we are here. Remember, we did not choose God; He chose us (John 15:16) to be ambassadors for Him in this foreign land. There is nothing wrong with being angry over something as long as that anger isn't allowed to permeate our being and cause us to act in an abusive manner. God said, "Be angry, and yet do not sin; Do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity." (Eph 4:26-27). Our whole commission in this life is to love the Lord with all our heart, mind, body, and strength; And to love our neighbor as we do ourselves. We are to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone that crosses our path in this life; The rest is up to God. Let us never get so full of ourselves that we think we can save anyone, or even change the condition of their heart, for it is God alone who gives life to whom He pleases. There is none who is righteous, not one...We all fall short of the glory of God. We don't always have to see the results of our preaching the word of God, for the word that we preach may not sink in to one's heart till long after we have left that particular area or this earth. Oh, there is no doubt that we are but frail human beings, and we feel grief for those who refuse to hear the word, but that's as far as it should go with us. God said that we are to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us, so we pray for those who refuse to hear. Don't be discouraged from going forward because of the ignorant, but instead draw strength from them and continue to preach the word to all people. Their ignorance should make you want to try even more diligently to get the word out to the world. I think I've said enough for one sitting; I'm blessed just to be part of this family; Thank you for having me here and allowing me the privilege to display what God has given to me. God bless you and keep you in His care. Your Brother In Christ...Anthony Praise Jesus!!!
Posts: 3 | From: Vernon, Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sight is not live but edited. Best to stick to dirrect scripture responce.

The Lord will do the rest.....

example.....

Bible, King James Version
1 match.

1Tim.2

1. [5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

for

http://www.vanpraagh.com/forum/messages.cfm?id=121291

GENERAL THOUGHTS

Busted again =)
by Meg on 02/08/07

I had something happen that I found so funny that I want to share it with you.

First, let me say I have this guide who is so patient and never leaves me. He often comes through for my friends because he says I never sit still long enough for him to get my attention.

I alos love to meditate. And often, I buzz right out through my crown chakra and kinda hang out in the universal energy (hard to explain, stay with me though [Wink]

So...I recently joined a gym and hired a trainer. And I find myself spending enough time doing cardio on the elliptical trainer that I'm bored. So I put on the iPod and crank Midnight Oil. And I close my eyes to just have the music keep me going. And then I figure out that if my eyes are closed, I can just "check out" and leave the body to work while the mind has some fun.

So...for several work outs, I am on auto pilot. And I'm pretty proud of myself for finding the loophole =)

Then this week I get together with my medium girlfriends. We read anonymously, so you don't know who you're reading until after the fact.

And first comes the guide. And then the message, "you're building a new body, good for you. We congratulate you. However, there is a reason you are in a body this time around and you're supposed to stay in it and ground yourself when you excercise." I'm still laughing and this happened Tuesday!

So...back at the gym today. In my body and trying to vizualise maximum effect for every breath and movement...

Busted by my guides...not the first time it's happened.

Namaste,
Meg

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gave the message board a once over lightly, you are correct in saying that there is a need for God's word. When you post, that is what you should use, instead of reason. 2Tim.3:16 tells us that all scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching,rebuking,correcting and training in righteousness. The bible says this because it's true. If the Holy Spirit is leading you to wittness, than use the wittness already prepared for us.
Deuteronomy 18:9-11 When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found amoung you who sarifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcey,interpets omens,engages in witchcraft,cast spells, or who is a medium, or spiritist,or who consults the dead.
The messages I read and the replies that were given were very sad, I can understand your concern, but don't let the lack of truth get you down. Use God's word, it"s safe for all involved.
A sister in Christ, Kathy [Bible]

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Ha! Ha!...and while we're at it...
quote:

Quote by Rayf on the Van Praagh message board:

And, don't believe any of that garbage about your children being the reincarnation of some other family member or anyone else for that matter. When you look into the faces of your children know in your heart that they are truly a "new" creation which could only come about by the union of your wife and yourself.

I completely disagree, and might question just who(?) is really slinging the garbage. [Razz]

You've never heard of the passing-on of inherited traits??

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

**A note to the to the person who started this thread**
Rayf - Hi [wave3] :

Impersonal internet discussion forums are a VERY POOR method of person-to-person interaction, as far as generating the kind of real conviction, emotion, sympathy, empathy etc etc...that I'm quite sure you're trying to elicit.

Trying to "convert" someone by this method is also a bit delusional, and futile.

It's merely an objective presentation & exchange of ideas.

Oh, and I also need to mention that (IMHO) "internet prayers" on these sort of impersonal message sites are also a futile waste of time. [Wink]

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would this be it

http://www.vanpraagh.com/forum/index.cfm

Welcome to the James Van Praagh
MESSAGE BOARD
We invite you to share your questions, comments and discussions regarding after-death communication, life after death and related spiritual topics. Also, when choosing 'what' to post, please consider that our 'next' guest may be newly-bereaved....what might YOU want to leave as support?
Before you begin, please read the following terms of use:

Terms of Use
#
Stay on topic
#
Use a consistent name/nickname
#
NO profanity
#
NO attacks upon beliefs
#
NO personal attacks
(including public figures)
#
NO readings of any kind
#
NO advertisements/solicitations for products and/or services
#
NO private information (postal or email addresses, phone #'s, etc.)
#
NO re-transmissions of messages,
to or from this board

By using the James Van Praagh Message Board, you agree not to post any messages that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, demeaning, mocking, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, or that may be construed as invasive of another's privacy. The James Van Praagh Staff assumes no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for the content of the messages within. However, they will have sole discretion to remove any messages deemed inappropriate by them, without warning or explanation. Repeat offenders may be reported to their ISP and/or banned from this site.
I Agree

I Disagree
PLEASE NOTE: THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS MONITORED!
All messages are reviewed for content before posting.
Messages are reviewed and posted each weekday morning.
If you leave a message on the weekend, if approved, it will appear on the Message Board the following Monday.

Note about copying/pasting text from a word processing program: Due to the cold fusion software used with this message board, text that is copied/pasted from your word processing program and not typed directly into the Message Board form area may show up with grammatical marks, such as quotations or dashes, being odd characters when your message is made active.
To alleviate the incorrect grammatical characters, transfer any word processing text to a program such as Notepad and then paste your Notepad file into our Message Board form. Notepad makes the characters in a .txt format and that is more compatible to our cold fusion software.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I have spent the last six months trying to witness to people who visit James Van Praagh's message board.

It has almost been fruitless. There are many there who claim to be Christian. But, it is the most perverse stretch of Christianity that you can imagine.

Most all of them believe: they have spirit guides; they are reincarnated; they believe that they are all god; they believe that Jesus was just an ascended master; they believe their concept of god is only love and anything else show you are stupid; they believe there are many paths to heaven...on and on.

In my last post to that message board...I said that it was going to be my last post ever. However, the Holy Spirit has let me know that I should continue to post and have hope for some of them.

People like Sylvia Browne and James Van Praagh are their gods. Nearly, every post that I have put on that board is met with hostility. I am told that I am in a little box...and, not on the right journey.

If you want to see spiritual warfare in the trenches...google Van Praagh's website and read the message boards. The board title "general" is the main board of hostility.

Your Friend,
Rayf

Posts: 9 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement