Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Beware of false teachers

Author Topic: Beware of false teachers
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!

[thumbsup2]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know David. I believe that this is the first time I have ever posted in this particular section of the forums. But I have an idea that the majority of the problem with Christianity today is that Christians simply aren’t doing their homework.
Many think just because a man is in a well fitting suit, and has a smooth look, and confesses to be a servant of God that they have to be telling the truth.
I have heard people speak about the word of God completely wrong, and people just accept it like it was truth because they are ignorant to what that particular piece of the Word of God was actually talking about.

One of my pieces of advice to those reading is this: When you hear someone speak about God, write it down and look it up later in the bible, and compare to what the person was saying. Often times the word of God will speak to you and let you know exactly what that particular piece in the bible meant.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
15“Beware of false teachers who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are wolves and will tear you apart. 16You can detect them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit. You need never confuse grapevines with thorn bushes or figs with thistles. 17Different kinds of fruit trees can quickly be identified by examining their fruit. 18A variety that produces delicious fruit never produces an inedible kind. And a tree producing an inedible kind can’t produce what is good. 19So the trees having the inedible fruit are chopped down and thrown on the fire. 20Yes, the way to identify a tree or a person£ is by the kind of fruit produced.

21“ Not all who sound religious are really godly people. They may refer to me as ‘Lord,’ but still won’t get to heaven. For the decisive question is whether they obey my Father in heaven. 22At the Judgment many will tell me, ‘Lord, Lord, we told others about you and used your name to cast out demons and to do many other great miracles.’ 23But I will reply, ‘You have never been mine. Go away, for your deeds are evil.’

Matthew 7:15 through Matthew 7:23 (TLB)

This is what the bible tells us, because the world is full of false teachers. Don't be deceived, believe the bible and study it so you know whom to believe and listen to.

[Bible]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement