Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Pat Robertson at it again......

Author Topic: Pat Robertson at it again......
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he's just getting senile or perhaps he's always been this way (?) I dunno.
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there.

I don't know anything about April fool, But I have just read after January's fool, " For the fool has said in his heart there is no God."

I can't help but laugh at those who go so out of their way to disaprove the existence of Someone they are so sure doesn't exist.

The anger they display because they just can't prove that there is no God.

Someone said, " Thank God i'm an atheist " Don't thank God for that because He didn't do it, But thank the devil,Boy how he has deceived you.

God bless Art.

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt that April Fools' Tsunami will completely swamp the Robberson 700's Club & Regency university headquarters In Virginia Beach & wash it clean off the face of the Earth!!! [happyhappy]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
"Religion is the opium of the masses,” Joseph Stalin [said].
erm..well...NO - the quote is attributed to Karl Marx, and in it's entirety:
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

btw - Pat Robertson is a devout Christian Freemason. [Razz]

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat Robertson's Annual Embarrassment for Christianity

Each January, Pat Robertson, the head of Christian Broadcasting Network, has made a habit of sharing predictions he claims to have received from God. Pat's annual tradition of prognostications would be helpful if wasn't for their tendency to be dead wrong.

In the beginning of 2006, Robertson said, severe hurricanes and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline. The year turned out to be very quiet. For first time since 2001, there was no U.S. hurricane landfall. The month of October was partially unusual because no tropical systems formed at all during that period. That is the first time that has happened since 1994, according to the hurricane center.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that President Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He also said Social Security reform proposals would be approved. Bush’s second term has been a train wreck. Social Security reform never occurred.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts. "I think George Bush is going to win in a walk," Robertson said, explaining that the Lord has been speaking to him a lot recently about the upcoming presidential election. He added, "I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way."

One of Robertson's most glaring false predictions was when he ran for president. According to a February 15, 1988, Washington Post article, Pat said, "I heard the Lord saying 'I have something else for you to do. I want you to run for president of the United States.'" The same article noted that during one campaign stop during the 1988 presidential race, Robertson stated: "This is where God wanted me to be. ... Here I am in New Hampshire, before a major primary." He then said, "I assure you that I am going to be the next president of the United States," according to a February 15 Washington Post article.

For 2007, Pat Robertson predicted that a terrorist attack on the United States would occur later in the year and result in "mass killing" of people that could tally into the millions. "I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear. The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

The problem with so many Christian leaders today is they have no one to question their beliefs. The head of an organization can make a ridiculous claim, and everyone who works for him will take his word as gospel.

Pat recently made news by saying he is able to leg press 2,000 pounds. This would be an exceptional accomplishment for a world-class athlete, to say nothing of a 76-year-old man like Robertson. The current world record is 1,335 pounds, and the guy who set that record ruptured capillaries in his eyes during his successful attempt. If Bill Gates had claimed he was able to leg press 2,000 pounds, I'm certain someone at Microsoft Corp. would have explained the truth to him.

I wish it were possible to laugh Robertson off as the sad and harmless rantings of a man who has lost contact with reality. Unfortunately, Robertson is not insane, and there is nothing placid about his actions.

His latest statement about terrorism was carried by over a thousand newspapers. Most of the stories had a mocking tone that highlighted many of his previous false predictions. Robertson is given coverage by the liberal media because he is destructive to the Christian cause.

As blogs have become popular, several media sites allow readers to add their views to news stories. The comments that people have posted about Robertson's predictions gives a good indication of the type of impact he is having on the public. Here are a few examples of the comments that did not include profanity:

"Religion is the opium of the masses,” Joseph Stalin [said]. Keep stirring that [Kool-Aid] Pat...round and round.
"God has a pretty poor batting average with his predictions, it seems. In fact, the predictions God gets right ("Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts") don’t really amaze me with his omniscience. (More like,… well, duh!) Too bad Pat Robertson isn’t just imaginary, too. It’s hard to believe that ANYONE listens to him. But I suppose, on the bright side, that he brings ridicule on his own far-right beliefs. Maybe he’s just pretending to believe all that loony stuff, huh?"

"Punxsutawney Phil or Pat Robertson - who is more relevant and likely to be right?"

"Thank God I’m an atheist ."

"Christians need not only make themselves accountable to their Lord but also to one another. I cannot speak on Mr. Robertson’s condition on the former but it appears to me he’s woefully lacking on the latter."

"It should be obvious to all that if there was a [God] such as Robertson describes, he, Robertson, would have been fried to a crisp years ago."

It makes my blood run cold to think of the holy wrath Pat is heaping upon himself. I don't know of anyone who can match his frequency in making the Almighty look like a fool. If God struck Uzzah dead after he reached out to steady the ark of the covenant when it appeared it was going to tip over (see 2 Samuel 6), it's hard to imagine what will happen to someone who has done the equivalent of banging on the ark with a club for purely selfish reasons.

Robertson may be clueless in making his predictions, but he has been very helpful in fulfilling them. He has greatly contributed to the spirit of apathy that the Bible warned would be the calling card of the tribulation hour.
http://www.raptureready.com/rap16.html

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Definately Possible.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Really? - So we're not gonna have the April Fool's tsunami being predicted elsewhere in this forum? Pat Robberson says so?? [hyper]
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess we will have to make the decision after Sep.
I honestly don't know. I do know that God warned His people in Bible days through Prophets. Whether this is the case with Pat or not, only God knows.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think it was yesterday, he said a terrorist attack would happen in the US in Sept. He said God told him this in a dream and that many major cities would be affected. God didnt tell him it was nuclear but he feels it will be bc of the death toll.

When ask about the tsumnai that was suppose to hit the US that he predicted last year, he said the flood on the east coast up towards Maine was his prediction.

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement