Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Would blasphemy be a case

Author Topic: Would blasphemy be a case
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 15 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps since I believe that the Key of David is Humility I may not be the prideful one.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow it's the April Fools' tsunami guy.

Solomon as 666 <ROFLMAO!!>

...I always thought it was NERO...

NERIUS CAESAR = 666

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pride comes befor a fall.

You too will FAIL.

Repent.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 15 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree. I beleive that, like Solomons' request for wisdom, my request for intelligence instead of the name of whom the 666 stands for was answered. I believe that no one before even asked for the answer to this without just saying who is it? I believe that I am the first in history to ask for the wisdom and not the name. If you are getting angry that I state this, who are you to defend a man that will not be forgiven for misleading the Israelites into sin. Calling my sincere belief silly without any more than a verse when there are 2 verses that tie him to that number and a law that specificly forbids what Solomon did is inconsiderate and unfounded. He was (Solomon lived) and is to come (his position with God is yet to be understood ) and will be no more (the second death for Solomon). Please keep your arrogance from polluting what some may want to understand. Refer to the verses:
Deuteronomy 17:17, Deuteronomy 29:20, First Kings 10:14, Second Chronicles 9:13, Proverbs 25:3, Revelation 2:23, Revelation 13:18. God stated that if Davids' ancestors obeyed Him, the throne would remain secure to his bloodline forever. Solomon FAILED. His dad would be and probably is seriouly disappointed. Instead of arguing, pray to God for insight and if you can refute specifically that I am wrong please do so. Do not dismiss me as SILLY. If King Solomon had repented before his death the Hill of Corruption would have been the first thing to come down.

Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbou4668:
I beleive it to be through the Holy Spirit that this revelation of King Solomon as not being forgiven has come to me. Simply, it was a 3 year old prayer that was answered in 1987.

2Pet.1

[20] Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

I beleive it to be through the Holy Spirit that this revelation of King Solomon as not being forgiven has come to me. Simply, it was a 3 year old prayer that was answered in 1987.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

????? [Confused] I'm not at all sure I understand your point, as it relates to the context or subject of this thread?? [Roll Eyes] [Confused]
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EL3LN3TN: "Father, I pray that You will save and sanctify EL3LN3TN BEFORE he dies of natural causes or accidental causes."

"LORD and Lord, we are all equal sinners. Therefore, please also grant repentance unto EL3LN3TN, in Jesus's name:

2 Timothy 2:25
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Corinthians 7:9
Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

2 Timothy 2:25
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth.

EL3LN3TN, from your responses I would say that you are not saved yet:

Acts 2:40
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Participate in the world-to-come thru the suffering of Christ. It is a free gift. God needs some people to be transferred into the world-to-come; it might as well be you, EL3LN3TN, but foer now, from your responses I would say that you are not yet saved.

Be saved and then blessed,
Eden

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 10 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, I agree.

I thought I would add to this post the verse that caused me to commit to a solid "no" that he wasn't forgiven. Dueteronomy 29:20 "The Lord will never be willing to forgive him; his wrath and zeal will burn against that man. All the curses written in this book will fall upon him, and the Lord will blot out his name from under heaven." Taken from the NIV Study Bible.

This being the case, blotting out King Solomons' name will happen.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really think we can know for certain whether Solomon was saved or not. I read the below thoughts on this on the Internet:

A similar case is another king of Judah, Asa. Early in life he was zealous for the Lord and trusted in him; in later years he sought man's help over God's, and even imprisoned a prophet who displeased him. Saved or unsaved? You could make a good argument for either position, but in the final analysis, we just don't know.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

As to Solomon's final state, we have no direct statement telling us what his relationship to God was at the end of his days. However we do know that God loved him, blessed him and used him to build his temple lead the kingdom of Israel to its greatest glory. Solomon sinned grievously, even as did his father David. The fact that God chose to include three of Solomon's books and two of his psalms in our Bible seems a pretty strong indication that Solomon died in good standing with the Father. I have taught the book of Ecclesiastes some 25 times. As I understand its message, Solomon realized the foolishness of his sinful ways, repented and turned back to God. Chapters 11:9-12:13 is the advice of a godly man to those living in sin.

It is often the sad case that although we may repent of our sins and find forgiveness, the damage we did while in sin cannot be so easily repaired or restored. An alcoholic may repent of his drunkenness, become a sober man and a dedicated Christian, but he may never recover the family he lost because of his sin. So was the case of Solomon. As some sage put it, sin is much easier done that undone.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nehemiah 13:26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet
among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his
God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did
outlandish women cause to sin.

This verse recognizes the sin of Solomon while at the same time declaring
him "beloved of his God." I just do not see how this statement could be
made of a lost man.

Just remember, these men lived before the universal indwelling of the
Holy Spirit. They could lose the Spirit without losing their salvation.
They were simply required to die "in faith" (Hebrews 11:13). Though I
accept that I could be wrong on this, I believe they both are saved. God
bless.

:::::::::::::::::::::

I know the above makes good points that he was saved. But I don't really see how he could be saved if he did not change his ways before he died.

David

Vote in the Poll:
http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000154

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WRONG. I don't dismiss books from the Bible. The importance is that they are for a bad example. If you noticed there is no nation that has completely satisfied God so they are all shown as what not to do. PLEASE DON'T ASSUME THAT I AM DISMISSNG BOOKS FROM THE BIBLE! I respect the Bible and Gods' WORD. Slow down and think instead of being a puppet. The Bible is intended to get people to think for themselves in their relationship with God. What you have said to me is no better that mob mentallity.

In addition, God can make followers out of the stones on the ground, but He doesn't.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think it is very dangerous to start dismissing Books in the Bible.
betty

Amen
exactly the point,
GOD is well able to have the books in His WORD that He wants there,
without error, as far as the original languages/writings.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is very dangerous to start dismissing Books in the Bible.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point isn't the naming of children. The point is that there is the potential of blasphemy. No one actually comprehends that. If there were just one thing that Christians do that could be changed in order to open the Earth up to receiving the blessings that God says are available to the world today, wouldn't it be to our advantage to apologize to God? Wouldn't it have been better for Israel had they torn down the Hill of Corruption during Solomons' reign? Wouldn't it have adverted the disaster that befell them? God says a bad man becoming good is better off than a good man becoming bad. Wouldn't it have been better that we accept Psalms as a better book for doing that which is right in honoring God than to follow Proverbs? If you have read the Gospels you know that is dangerous to call anyone a fool. Isn't there a prophet that took a prostitute to concieve a child to be a time table for the Israelites doom? If God uses prostitutes for His purpose, where then is it that the man should be called a fool as Solomon would do?
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Solomon did indead disobey God in many ways,and He unlike us did not have the blood of Christ for his righteousness. But, the purpose of proverbs is to instuct and teach the ways of wisdom, God's wisdom and warn us of the foolishness of man.(soloman). The bible does tell us that God granted soloman request for wisdom concerning the governing of God's people, because he knew he could'nt do it on his own,God's word says God granted his request. It does not say that Solomon used it wisely.
As for the naming of child,Matthew,Mark,Luke John,Ruth,ect. is quite common.I could be wrong, but I don't think most people who use these names are revereing the person,maybe some,but to most it's just a name that they like.

In Christ,
Kathy [hug]

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

God also indicates that 2 proverbs will never be sited in Israel again. There are other proverbs in the book of Proverbs that I find suspect as well. I told you why I am obsessed with pointing out that it is blasphemous to revere King Solomon. If Solomon weren't revered still, why do people name their children after him?
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible said that God gave Solomon wisdom. Are you calling the Bible a lie? Did Solomon do well with his wisdom? No, he blew it. But we can learn from his wisdom and it is not wrong for preachers to preach from Proverbs. Why are you so obssessed with Solomon? We are Christians. We follow Jesus, not Solomon. If the only book a person reads from the Bible is Proverbs, then yes they have a problem. But we can learn from it. If we believe the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, then we have to believe that God wanted the Books written by Solomon to be included in the Bible.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Jesus is our Lord and Saviour, but when our local preachers keep professing the wisdom of King Solomon and not stating that he ultimately turned his back on God, that is blasphemy. There obviously is a problem as we are not enjoying the whole of Gods blessings. I have proposed that not only should we acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God but that Solomon not be recognized as wise.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I don't know of any Christian who worships Solomon.
His writing can be useful in our daily walk but he was not a person we should try to copy in our Christian walk. Jesus is our Savior and Lord ,not, Solomon.

--------------------

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

No actually I am trying to get the message out that it is blasphemy to revere King Solomon after all the evil he ultimately brought down on mankind. The world was at peace during King Solomons reign and then that was taken away before the end of his reign to get him to repent. He never did and thus the world is still at war. I beleive that to acknowledge this blasphemy would remove the log from the eyes of mankind and would allow earth to enjoy all the blessings that are refered to in the books of the prophets to come to fruition instead of ending up like the fruitless fig tree. We should be able to "walk on water" yet we are are of little Faith still. This one thing, acknowledging Solomon for the scoundrel he is, would do just that. Believing in Jesus is just the start of knowing God his Father.
It is through Jesus that I became Aware of God and to him I owe my life in Heaven. There is still Heaven on Earth to come, when it will be unheard of for anyone to die before they are 100 years old and still as a youth. This is possible for the children of today. May the sun rise with healing in its' wings.

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

...I think you might be trying to get at certain Masonic orders or some historic occult groups using "key of Solomon" or "seal of Solomon" - type iconology?? Is that it? [Big Grin]
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To revere any person above Yahweh/Yeshua is blaspheme!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

againsy anyone revering King Solomon after the fall of Israel and Judah?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement