Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Benny Hinn - Seeing Is Believing!

Author Topic: Benny Hinn - Seeing Is Believing!
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen this video before...it's pretty remarkable and heart breaking.
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by artm:
And at the same time I feel that there must be caution in the things we say.

But I do not see anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the Disciples ever camped out in front of these false teachers homes,or picketed them in any way.

They exposed their error,And called it what it was, false Doctrine, But they did not pursue these men.

Also, In the video,A caller to benny hinn made this statement, " another Swaggart or Jim Baker"

Here I would encourage caution.

Amen artm. We should be careful of our motives for showing these videos. The authors of the videos often have less than a noble agenda, and many times they are greatly doctored up,and show downright falsehoods.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, My name is Art, I am new to this forum, But I have posted on other sites and forums.

I was very interested in the video on binny henn. I am not a fan of Mr Hinn, And because of a number of reasons.

And at the same time I feel that there must be caution in the things we say.

I believe that error must be exposed within the Body of Christ, I believe that because of what I see in the Word of God.

The Apostle Paul exposed error, Jesus himself exposed error. I believe that is clearly seen in the Bible.

But Jesus nor Paul set out to destroy those they exposed. False Doctrine is a great danger within the Church today.

For example read, Galations, 2-Peter, Jude and others within the Word of God.

But I do not see anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the Disciples ever camped out in front of these false teachers homes,or picketed them in any way.

They exposed their error,And called it what it was, false Doctrine, But they did not pursue these men.

I want to make it clear, I expose False Doctrine,And I even call names in my messages, But I do not pursue these men in order to destroy them as those within the video.(seemingly)

I must also note that the title of the mans book can be somewhat at question. ( The lie of the tithe)

I assure you that the genuine "Biblical Tithe" is no lie.And is meant to be practised by all believers.

Also, In the video,A caller to benny hinn made this statement, " another Swaggart or Jim Baker"

Here I would encourage caution.

For while we know that these men certainly did commit their own failure,We must never forget that God does offer forgivness.

And we would all thank God for that," For we have all sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God."

I am not making excuse for sin,If we sin it is our sin,Our failure. But thank God he will forgive with true and genuine repentance.

As someone once said, " He is the God of a second chanch." And I would add, " A third,fourth,and fifth,and so on.

Matthew 6:14-15 Declares," For if you forgive Men their trespasses,Your Heavenly Father will also forgive you, But if you forgive not men their trespasses,Neither will your Heavenly Father forgive your trespasses."

The Scripture also declares, That God is quick to pardon. Thank God.

I understand what you are trying to do,I agree with you in exposing Error within the Church, But be careful.

Do it with the Spirit of Christ.( I believe you are) Just make the Word of God your Standard for doing so.

There are those within the Body of Christ who are Preaching False Doctrine and must be exposed with Love and restoration in mind.

I have said enough, I mean no harm to anyone,I just hope to be of help and blessing.

Thank you for your post,I have seen such videos before,there are many.

Thank you again, And may God bless and use you for his Glory. Pastor Mann

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE Watch this Google Video on the minstry of Benny Hinn (Especially if you're a follower or supporter of his)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7807584680006648742&q=benny+hinn

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement