Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Another False Christ

Author Topic: Another False Christ
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NLP:
Maybe it's their following that concerns me the most; how can so many "Christians" be so easily deceived? [Confused]

2 Timothy 4: 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Sounds an awful lot like today...

Maranatha! [Prayer]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you joking, how can you say he's not Jesus?? Jesus would have his own TV network, use terms like "I don't know" and of course last but not least "Refer to himself in the the third person."
[Eek!]
I believed there was more truth in the "Progressive commerical" at the beginning of the segment than the words that came out of this guys mouth. [roll on floor]

Ok I have seen a lot of posts on false prophets, teachers, etc. but this guy takes the cake in my opinion. I mentioned this earlier that I am not someone who watches TV preachers so I'm learning alot on here but can it get much worse than this?
Maybe it's their following that concerns me the most; how can so many "Christians" be so easily deceived? [Confused]

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 19 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Christ he is not!"
by Michael G. Mickey

(8-25-06)

Matthew 24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

His name is Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda. At least that's the name he is is presently going by. He and his followers, regardless of the name he answers to, believe that he is actually Jesus Christ returned to the earth, as seen in an MSNBC video Here: http://"http://video.msn.com/v/us/req.aspx?r=8&hf=1&h=http%3A//video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm%3Fg%3D7339AE44-FC5D-4CC7-BD69-EE0918D13709%26f%3D%26fg%3Dcopy"

What does this particular "Jesus" have to say about sin?There's no more sin to worry about it seems! According to Miranda, God doesn't see us as sinners, but "perfect souls." One less thing for us to worry about, I suppose the logic goes.

The new "Jesus", Mr. Miranda, has more good news for his followers! Not only is there no more sin to worry about, there's no Satan either! According to Miranda, Satan is a "Hollywood character." While I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I believe it's safe to say that the existence of Satan pre-dates Hollywood --- by at least a few years.

Mr. Miranda is exactly what the world is looking for in a savior, isn't he? No accountability! No sin! No Satan! Sunshine and roses!

Did something happen to Jesus Christ while He was away all these years since His ascension to the right hand of the Father? No. The real Jesus - the only One who can save us from our many sins - is still seated at the right hand of the Father. If He was anywhere other than there, even in Puerto Rico, His Church would know --- and so would the world!

Jesus said, as recorded in Matthew 24:26-27: "Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

To be sure, the real Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, isn't going to return to Puerto Rico unbeknownst to the world to set up a ministry named "Growing In Grace." Besides, what need do we have to "grow in grace" if there's no sin? Perplexing, isn't it?

Where the teachings of the Bible are concerned, one thing Mr. Miranda believes should remain as before, which will come as no surprise to anyone, is the practice of tithing. The returned Puerto Rican "Jesus" likes tithing so much he owns luxurious homes and has fine automobiles in his driveway. That's not likely to change as his "ministry" is growing, apparently dramatically, even in the United States.

In conclusion, Mr. Miranda may be many things, but Christ he is not! Not even close! While there is absolutely no question that Mr. Miranda isn't the returned Christ, his presence here is a sign that the real Jesus Christ's return is drawing near.

Jesus said so Himself.

http://"http://www.rapturealert.com/2006/082506falsechrist.asp"

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement