Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Be careful to distinguish

Author Topic: Be careful to distinguish
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremiah 23:28-32; 2 Peter 2:13)

A “dream” placed in opposition to “My word,” God says, is as “straw” compared with “wheat.” The Bible student must be careful to distinguish between the speculations of his own heart and the word of God. The question is not whether we agree with what God’s Word says, but, Did God say it? If we agreed with it, we should fathom God. There is a great deal that is obscure in God’s Word and it is only revealed as the saint goes on with God.

Chambers, O. (1999, c1936). Notes on Jeremiah (electronic ed.). London: Oswald Chambers Publication Association, Ltd.

:::::::::::::

I agree that until you get close to God you will never really know what the bible says. It is not until you have gotten close to God that you will start understanding the bible the way God wants you to understand it.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement