Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Our GOD is not Pluralistic. Our GOD is a Jealous GOD!

Author Topic: Our GOD is not Pluralistic. Our GOD is a Jealous GOD!
Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a witness, and these are the things that I have seen with these eyes which are my own. I share the visions of my eyes with you as a warning to hypocrites and others. Doubt me! You have eyes to see, let them see. You have ears to hear, let them hear. I refuse to take the blame for your misinterpretations. I have nothing to prove. If you observe a fault in my observations, please teach me. Let the TRUTH be our guide. In our confessed ignorance let doubt bind us in the seeking.

Let's break it down kiddies!

Don't they cast lots in the Catholic Church, among other things? The Catholic Church is probably the world's oldest and most profitable corporation! Bless the 'golden calf'!, eh? ...not that there's anything wrong with that!! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristianGirl777
Member # 5932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristianGirl777   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thankyou!

--------------------
There is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ ,so that you do not Become Entangled or Bewitched. Thank you and Christ Bless!

Posts: 3 | From: o | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tolerant is for everything that is not Christian.
I was listening to a speaker on CSpan talking about how colleges and universites are taking away the rights of Christians. Under PC correctness students who express a Christian view are even being punished for class discousion.
Our freedome of Relgion, that this Country was started on is slowly being taken away, all under the lable of PC.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amh1973
First Post
Member # 5949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amh1973     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the same attitude that Christians faced in the first century. The Romans did not object to the fact that Christians worship Christ. They persecuted Christians because they proclaimed the truth that their gods did not exist. It is our belief in the One True God that the world hates. They just can't tolerate Christian beliefs in their new "tolerant" society. [Confused]

--------------------
Peace be with you,

amh1973

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been preaching here for several years that we would see the coming together of the world's major religions of Islam, Hinduism, Budhism, and apostate Christianity at the prodding of the Roman Church and the WCC. TOday I spotted this press release on another board and thought I would share it here...

Our GOD is not Pluralistic. Our GOD is a Jealous GOD!

Press Release
Hindu American Foundation Welcomes Statement on Conversions by Vatican and World Council of Churches

WASHINGTON D.C (June 2, 2006) – The Hindu American Foundation today welcomed a statement that was the outcome of an inter-faith dialogue organized by the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue, Vatican City (the Vatican), and the Office on Inter-religious Relations & Dialogue of the World Council of Churches, Geneva (the WCC). The inter-faith meeting was entitled, “Conversion: Assessing the Reality”, and met in Lariano, Italy on May 12-16, 2006. The meeting was attended by representatives of Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and the Yoruba religion.

The participants affirmed that while everyone has a right to invite others to an understanding of their faith, it should not be exercised by violating other's rights and religious sensibilities. Delegates agreed that freedom of religion enjoins upon everyone the equally non-negotiable responsibility to respect, and never to denigrate, vilify or misrepresent others’ faiths for the purpose of affirming superiority of one’s own beliefs. The statement also called upon everyone “to heal themselves from the obsession of converting others.”

“The reflections and recommendations from the inter-faith summit, while not unanimous, are nevertheless consonant with the pluralistic tenets of Hinduism,” said Ishani Chowdhury, Executive Director of the Hindu American Foundation. “Hinduism’s acceptance of a multitude of paths to the divine is critical to fostering peace in today’s global society -- and it is such a perspective that fosters respect for others beliefs rather than mere tolerance.”

The statement also recommended reforms to ensure that conversion by "unethical" means are rejected by all; that humanitarian work is conducted without any ulterior motives; and that vulnerable sections of society, such as children and the disabled, are not exploited. Chowdhury was clear that aggressive proselytizing and the exploitation of the vulnerable and destitute is unethical in every regard.

“Hindu traditions are not unfamiliar with the religious motive of sharing one's conviction and persuading others about its validity,” said Prof. Anantanand Rambachan, Professor of Religion, Philosophy and Asian Studies at Saint Olaf College, Minnesota, a Hindu participant at the conference. “However, absence of institutionalization and centralization meant that there were no organized and systematic efforts to supplant different viewpoints and religious diversity was seen as a natural reflection of the diversity of human nature and experience.”

Hindu scriptures state that truth is anirvachaniya – it exceeds the comprehension and verbal description of any one tradition and thus justifies theological humility. In this context, Hinduism respects – an individual’s freedom of exercise of religious inquiry and choice free from any pressure of aggressive proselytization. In fact, Hindus perceive aggressive proselytization itself as a form of violence, to be shunned by the truly spiritual.

The interfaith dialogue in Larino was the first in a series of three planned discussions under the auspices of the Vatican and the WCC on the matter of conversion, although the next two are expected to be intra-Christian meetings. The exercise aims to evolve a “code of conduct” on conversion, which all faiths could follow.

“It is promising that religious leaders can meet and talk frankly about a matter that is often a deep source of tension among religions,” said Pawan Deshpande, Executive Council member of the Hindu American Foundation. “We are hopeful that the final code of conduct will reflect the perspectives of all faiths and a pluralistic ethos so necessary to ensure peace and mutual respect.”

The Hindu American Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3), non-partisan organization, promoting the Hindu and American ideals of understanding, tolerance and pluralism.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement